Advertise here

fiat punto warning symbols!

Messages 1 to 20 of 657.

shortman
Joined Feb 2005
3 posts

One light on my dashboard has begun showing up.not the oil brake or ignition light but the one that looks like a hose spurting water downwards
Any ideas wat it means?
THXS

Sunday, 13 February 2005

Discussion Archived

Julian
Joined Feb 2005
2642 posts

That's the engine management light, could mean that a sensor has packed up. Best bet is to take it to a garage to get any fault codes read.

Monday, 14 February 2005

Discussion Archived

shortman
Joined Feb 2005
3 posts

Thxs very much :)

Monday, 14 February 2005

Discussion Archived

CP
Joined Feb 2005
2 posts

MY FIAT PUNTO IS 4 YEARS OLD AND IT NOW NEEDS A BRAND ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IS THIS A COMMON FAULT

Tuesday, 15 February 2005

Discussion Archived

Julian
Joined Feb 2005
2642 posts

HI, Apparently the punto 96 on suffers from ecu failure due to the heater matrix failing and leaking onto the ecu

Discussion Archived

CP
Joined Feb 2005
2 posts

IT NEEDS A COMPLETE NEW ECU SYSTEM I HAVE CONTACTED FIAT AND COMPLAINED I DO NOT BELIEVE THEY SHOULD GO SO QUICKLY

Discussion Archived

shortman
Joined Feb 2005
3 posts

actually the thing with the heater sounds right coz when i swiched it on the light went off.
Thxs every1

Discussion Archived

AOC
Joined Mar 2005
16 posts

My Engine Management Light came on last week, my car is an 2001. I went around to Fiat and they said that dirt may have gone into my engine so i had to put top priced petrol in to wash the dirt away. This hasn't worked yet. My steering has been affected and my speedometer is not working, does any1 have any suggestions? Is this normal?

Sunday, 20 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Julian
Joined Feb 2005
2642 posts

Hi. Is your Fiat dealer winding you up ?
If the engine management light came on there should be a stored fault code, I have never seen a fault code for dirty petrol.
If other things are playing up it obviously isn't petrol, more likely electrical, have you checked your fuses.
Have you got electric power steering ?

Monday, 21 March 2005

Discussion Archived

AOC
Joined Mar 2005
16 posts

I have p/s, the red p/s symbol came up on my dash yesterday so i had no p/sand then the light went off last night. Haven't been in it yet today to check. My speedometer has started to work again (probably not for long) so im still stuck with my engine mgt light being on. As a live in ireland i've to get an NCT test, i did that last week and they passed. They check all fluids not sure about fuse box. I had my car fully serviced three days before my NCT and he said it was fine. See i let my petrol get really low and thats why the fiat dealership said it could be that, i might have picked up dirt in my engine. On my list of faults it also has vehicle speed sensor, Low voltage bat, Lamdba above/below cat. I wasn't told which one it was or what to do. Might go back around in the morning. Didn't want to go near any fuses incase i make it worse.

Monday, 21 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

FIAT 500 1.2 COLOUR...

CAR FOR SALE

FIAT PUNTO 1.2 16V DYNAMIC...

FIAT DOBLO VAN 2002 SPARES...

FIAT STILO 1.2 16V ACTIVE...

CAMPING ROOFBOX

FIAT 500 METAL MODEL KIT

FIAT STILO 1.4 16V ACTIVE...

Place an ad here for free

» More fiat ads...

Julian
Joined Feb 2005
2642 posts

Hi.
Fuel is picked up from the bottom of the tank, so it makes no difference if you run it low. If by chance it had pulled up dirt, quality petrol would make no difference. The power steering is electrical so check the fuses, you can't make it worse. The speedo not working is down to the vehicle speed sensor, I should find another garage and see what they say.
By the way, what is a NCT test, is it an MOT.

Monday, 21 March 2005

Discussion Archived

AOC
Joined Mar 2005
16 posts

My car was back to normal today for a couple of hours. My engine mgt light went off, speedo was working and my steering was back to normal, but once again my light is now back on my speedo is not working and my steering is free. I had to pay fiat to hook the car up to the computer so i'll go back around and ask them to have another look since they told me nothing useful last time. I wont be paying again!
NCT is national car test in Ireland. Every thing is checked, oil, brakes/pads, coolant, exhaust emissions, tyres. if anything fails it has to go back. It passes for two years so i will have to go back in '07.

Monday, 21 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Julian
Joined Feb 2005
2642 posts

Hi. There is a known fault with the vehicle speed sensors. there is a modified one available, get you dealer to check whether this has been done, this could also make your steering lighter as it is probably speed sensative.

Tuesday, 22 March 2005

Discussion Archived

AOC
Joined Mar 2005
16 posts

Thanks. i'm going to head around bout 2 o clock or so, and i am not leaving without an answer. I'll let you know what they have come up with later. Thanks for the help

Tuesday, 22 March 2005

Discussion Archived

AOC
Joined Mar 2005
16 posts

Hi
I left my car into Fiat last night and just received the "good" news. My speed sensor is gone, so i have to pay for a new speedsensor, speed shaft and new speedometer. all for 1,580 euro. that was quoted from fiat so they are obvisouly trying to earn a profit, and rob me! Could i jest get a new speed sensor and leave the rest or are they all connected?

Thursday, 24 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Julian
Joined Feb 2005
2642 posts

Hi. Ask Fiat why all parts need to be replaced, It could be that they have modified one part so all the others need to be replaced as well.

Thursday, 24 March 2005

Discussion Archived

AOC
Joined Mar 2005
16 posts

Hi
They are trying to sell me a new battery too, which has no affect on my speedometer. My dealership is known to rip people off, so i have my eyes peeled. New Battery, Please! I think my NCT would of stated if i needed a new one. I've to collect it at half 2. they would say i need all the parts just so i will pay up. I am gonna go to a mechanic see if he can get the part i need.

Thursday, 24 March 2005

Discussion Archived

phero67
Joined May 2005
7 posts

Hi
I have a 2000 Punto and now have the p/s light on , and p/s not working all time .. may u please advise which fuse is the one for p/s
best regards

Sunday, 15 May 2005

Discussion Archived

Julian
Joined Feb 2005
2642 posts

Hi. Apparently it is a common fault with these cars, check the Blue 2 pin and black 10 pin connectors for the power steering, they are under the steering column.

Sunday, 15 May 2005

Discussion Archived

AOC
Joined Mar 2005
16 posts

Hi, well long story my engine light came on in march, my p/s light came on start of april i think. the fiat dealership where looking for too much so i gave it to a private mechanic. he had my car for 4 weeks, i got the car back the other day and he can not help me he "thinks" i need a new ECU. he fixed my p/s light by putting a part in worth 250 euro, which was made for me so it will probably break in a month or so. i have to contact a different man during the week for a total price for a new ECU, my speedometer is not working either, so that will be another part i need. How can this happen just out of no where??? the car is only 4 years old, its a joke.

Monday, 16 May 2005

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 20 of 657.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.