Advertise here

306 Immobiliser (THE WORST EVER)

Messages 1 to 12 of 12.

Joky Maden
Joined Mar 2005
18 posts

Peugeot 306 Xl 1994 1.4Inj Mk1 3Door

O.K, THIS IS THE WORST SITUATION EVER. I am no newby to all the 306 immobiliser & alarm issues, but this is really something else and I would greaty appreciate any info any one can give me. A few hours ago I finished installing a set of second hand lexus style lights, everything seemed to be fine. I got in to take my baby for a spin, started up, No problems, pulled out of my drive way and no sooner did the Red STOP light start flashing, there was also a clicking noise coming from the drivers rear. This continued for the 2 seconds then the engine cut out. The immobiliser light is now flashing like crazy, all power is getting to the car, everything works fine up unitl the point that i try to start the car, It just doesn't start, no tick over, no nothing. The battery light will dissapear but that is it. I have tried every possible way mentioned on Preloved to reset the imobiliser. Pressing my key fob will work as normal (doors open and lock). Also when I do lock the car using the key fob the Imobilliser light flashes steady, as soon as I open my car it goes crazy!! Right now im going crazy and would appreciate some help, If I have to disconnect my immobiliser then so be it, please let me know how to do this. I have disconnected my lights but this does not alter anything. I have read somewhere that a faulty light fitting could be shorting my immobiliser fuse. Where is the fuse? PLEASEEEEE HELP. Thanx in advance

Friday, 15 April 2005

Discussion Archived

Ace
Joined Nov 2004
440 posts

I haven't had the joy of a Peugeot with an immobilser keypad thank god so I'm not too sure what the story is but I'm pretty sure you can elect to turn the immobiliser off. You'll need to check in the handbook for this. I don't think the STOP light has anything to do with the immobiliser (but I could be wrong). Have you checked the oil and the water levels as this is what normally triggers the light. As for it not starting this is almost certainly the immobiliser. Some cut the power to the stop solenoid (allowing the engine to turn over but starving it of fuel) whilst others cut the supply to the starter.
I can't believe your fitting the lights had a lot to do with it unless you disconnected the battery whilst you did it?

Friday, 15 April 2005

Discussion Archived

Joky Maden
Joined Mar 2005
18 posts

Hi, I dont have a key input pad just a key fob.

No i didnt disconnect the battery, I did, however, short circuit the light sockets once by accidently touching both connectors with my multimeter. Nothing blew but this could have something to do with it. How do i go about disconnecting the imobiliser?

Friday, 15 April 2005

Discussion Archived

woody
Joined Apr 2005
1138 posts

have you tried the reset button on the steering column?hold it in and put your key in the ignition and turn on within 10 seconds,just a thought as i had this problem and doing this sorted it..button is on right hand side halfway down,,maybe you already know this though!

Saturday, 16 April 2005

Discussion Archived

Joky Maden
Joined Mar 2005
18 posts

unfortunatly iv already tried this, Im getting pritty desperate now. Where is the immobiliser situated?

Saturday, 16 April 2005

Discussion Archived

woody
Joined Apr 2005
1138 posts

to de activate the whole alarm system a master switch is provided in the engine compartment behind the right hand headlight.the switch is operated by a dedicated key and protected by a plastic cover...

Saturday, 16 April 2005

Discussion Archived

Joky Maden
Joined Mar 2005
18 posts

Many thanx to all your posts, i have solved the problem today. There was a dodgy brake fitment on the rear right light, this was shorting out a fuse which for some odd reason was causing the immobiliser to go mental. Because I have no fuse lay out I dont know what the fuse does, its a 10amp. If anybody has a layout or knows where to get one I would massivly appreciate it. Once again thanx for everyones help.

Saturday, 16 April 2005

Discussion Archived

woody
Joined Apr 2005
1138 posts

if you have the fuse box with 30 fuses then i think your fuse is f12 reverse lights,instrument panel warning lights,alarm system,cat convertor temp control unit....on a box with 13 fuses it's probably f13 which is right hand tail light

Saturday, 16 April 2005

Discussion Archived

gus
Joined May 2005
2 posts

Hi

I have just purchased a 306 xsi 2.0 1997 with a keypad immobiliser. Problem is I haven't got the keypad security number which i knew about when i got the car. I have tried 1111 and 0001 as advised by Peugeot but these don't work. Without buying an ECU is there anyway of bypassing the immobiliser or turning it off or even finding out the keypad number wihtout having to spend loads of money. I have tried contacting the previous owners but without success. Any help is appreciated

Saturday, 7 May 2005

Discussion Archived

Patrick Boyle
Joined Mar 2005
50 posts

If you send me the engine ECU and the keypad I can decode it.
My email address is [Log in to view email]

Monday, 9 May 2005

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

PEUGEOT 307 1.6 SE 16V...

PEUGEOT CAMARGUE 1980S

PEUGEOT 207 1.4 16V S 3DR...

PEUGEOT 206 2.0 SE 2DR...

2003 PEUGEOT 307

PEUGEOT 207 1.6 16V GT 2DR...

PEUGEOT 106 1.5 D BONNET

PEUGEOT 308 1.6 HDI 92 SR...

Place an ad here for free

» More peugeot ads...

gus
Joined May 2005
2 posts

Hi mate

Thanks for the offer, thankfully I have sorted it out with a new battery and code 1111. The only problem now is that the siren on the alarm keeps going off and I dont know how to turn it off. the car starts and then the siren comes on any ideas how to turn it off. I don;t have a blip key or anything?? very frustrating

rgds
gus

Wednesday, 11 May 2005

Discussion Archived

tip
Joined Jan 2004
22 posts

Hi, read the handbook carefully , it tells you how to change the pad code, worth a try, Cliff.

Thursday, 12 May 2005

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 12 of 12.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.