Advertise here

I got problems with my SUZUKI AY50 KATANA!!

Messages 1 to 20 of 61.

Diss
Joined Apr 2005
43 posts

Hi, i want my suzuki ay50 katana 54 plate derestricted, so i paid £150 for a shop to take the restricters out and fit proformance rollers and a sports exhaust. It has made no difference and im still only getting 30 mph. its so lame, i hate the low speed. I have been told that it has electric restricters in it, im not sure if this is true, anyone got any ideas or information. Thx

Monday, 25 April 2005

Discussion Archived

jonnyboy
Joined Jan 2005
704 posts

make sure they de restricted the variator and that they de restricted the sports pipe and if ur ped has got an electronic restrictor then u will need that removed, wot sports exhaust have u got?

Monday, 25 April 2005

Discussion Archived

Diss
Joined Apr 2005
43 posts

hi, i was told that it has electric restrictors that they cant remove, but they said there are places that put it on a machine and remove them. I have a technigas sports exhaust, it sounds good and people expect it to go like 50-60 but it dont. i look a right sight going 30mph. if ayone has contact details where i might be able to have the electric restrictors removed i would be truly grateful or if anyone knows how they can be removed. thanks.

Tuesday, 26 April 2005

Discussion Archived

death angel
Joined Mar 2005
77 posts

hi m8 joseph here is yours the 2005 model with direct injection and does the stock pipe look a bit like a snake and its completly black with a chorme piece on the silener ? as if so the resticter was also on my cdi unit so the people i bought the bike from are also have a mechanic bit at the back and they got this kit which plugged into the cdi unit which reboots the cdi and reloads higher data i think lol but there was also a resticder in the exhaust the varitor and the rollors was also resticed and they deresticred it and it does 45mph very well but when you rag it. it gos either 50-60 mph depends what the weather is like ?

Wednesday, 27 April 2005

Discussion Archived

Diss
Joined Apr 2005
43 posts

hi, my bike i direct injection and liquid cooled. Ive had a sportsexhaust fitted and new rollers but im not sure what they derestricted. Where can you buy this kit from??
thanks

Wednesday, 27 April 2005

Discussion Archived

mitz
Joined Mar 2005
9 posts

alrite m8 iam tom i have a katana ay50 and its direct injection and iam gunna kill my self if i go 30mph for another week where was the dealer where he pluged the device in to the cdi unit and how much did your dealer charge u to do this operation? wat if i bought a new cdi box? and do u have any recomondation on wat the best pipe is 2 buy for it? thanx m8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, 19 May 2005

Discussion Archived

loz
Joined Jun 2005
2 posts

do you have a sports clutch if not thats why u is still at 30mph

Tuesday, 7 June 2005

Discussion Archived

Diss
Joined Apr 2005
43 posts

are you sure a sports clutch will make a different because im really starting to get pis**d off eith it now.. thx

Thursday, 9 June 2005

Discussion Archived

mitz
Joined Mar 2005
9 posts

yes but where did you get your cdi box upgraded please reply asap

Monday, 13 June 2005

Discussion Archived

Diss
Joined Apr 2005
43 posts

ive been trying to get a CDI upgrade but it seems impossible, i will keep ringing around, and if i can get one i will tell ya mitz.

if anyone has anu info that would be gr8.
thanks
dissy

Tuesday, 14 June 2005

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

PEUGEOT SPEEDFIGHT 2 100CC...

HONDA SH300I SCOOTER +...

VESPA PX 200 SERIE SPECIALE

YAMAHA NEOS 100CC

VESPA GTS 300 TOURING

125CC AIRCOOLED VESPA...

125CC LEXMOTO 2013 PLATE

PEDS

Place an ad here for free

» More mopeds and scooters ads...

miller
Joined Feb 2005
3 posts

yea i got my suzuki katana fully de-restricted at a suzuki dealership in surrey, they did the whole thing includin pluggin in the cdi unit. my ed is fully de restricted and still has the standard excust on it. she flys next to a clio i was clocked at 65 and still goin more. i duno wot it is but once u get the bike fully de-restricted keep the standard pipe on and the bike works well together and will fly

hope it helps

Monday, 20 June 2005

Discussion Archived

Diss
Joined Apr 2005
43 posts

nice, you got a number for this suzuki dealership??

Tuesday, 21 June 2005

Discussion Archived

Diss
Joined Apr 2005
43 posts

mitz i have spoken to some people and theres a shop that sell a molossi 47mm cyylinder kit (basically a 70cc bore kit) and it comes complete with the cdi.
if your intrested i will give you the website/phone number.
its around £150 if i can remember rightly.

Tuesday, 21 June 2005

Discussion Archived

miller
Joined Feb 2005
3 posts

yea the number is 01372 453322 and it was bout 40quid, well worth it. this shops is little village called bookham near guildford.not hard to get to at all.

Tuesday, 21 June 2005

Discussion Archived

billy
Joined Jun 2005
8 posts

just bolt a new cdi on it, not expensive

Tuesday, 21 June 2005

Discussion Archived

Diss
Joined Apr 2005
43 posts

billy i would but stuggling to find somewhere to buy 1 :S

Tuesday, 21 June 2005

Discussion Archived

murph
Joined Jun 2005
4 posts

my katana is doin 50mph with just the variator de restrictd

Wednesday, 29 June 2005

Discussion Archived

murph
Joined Jun 2005
4 posts

and i put my m8z race pipe on it n she did nearly 65mph

Wednesday, 29 June 2005

Discussion Archived

shaun 1988
Joined Jan 2005
569 posts

thats good but my suzuki katana wid a 70 kit, gear up kit, malossi multivar variator, malossi fly clutch, malossi kevlar belt, top racing crank, malossi hyper racing reeds, and a technigas next r chrome exhaust

all that and my bike goes 70-75mph sum times

most the times on the flats its a clear 65mph

so there is no way ur katana goes 65mph wid just a spots pipe u chav

Wednesday, 29 June 2005

Discussion Archived

roid
Joined Jul 2005
14 posts

now en m8 i am looking 2 buy a 2005 suzuki ay50 katana is ti easy 2 fully de-restricted and wots the price 4 it

roid

Monday, 11 July 2005

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 20 of 61.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.