Advertise here

Renault Megane alarm Problem!

Messages 1 to 4 of 4.

tommyg
Joined May 2005
1 posts

If anyone can help i'd be grateful... I have a Megane Coupe 1.6e and locked it using the key fob. I returned a few hours later and found that the car wouldn't unlock using the key fob so i used the door lock and the alarm went off. The only way to turn it off now is to disconnect the battery. On re-connecting it again the alarm goes off and the engine is immbolised. The RAC guy checked the key and it is working correctly and says that they have a tendancy to fall out of sync with the car.
Is there a way to re-programme it? I've heared there is a code that needs to be entered.
When i rang the Manchester Renault dealer they were absolutly no help whatsoever... and wanted £85 just to look at it!

Any help would be appreciated! Cheers

Saturday, 21 May 2005

Discussion Archived

Patrick Boyle
Joined Mar 2005
50 posts

The Renault Megane has used many different types of key fob over the years. This is a brief summary of the different types and what you can or can't do.

Remove the screw on the remote and open it up.
Look inside for a white label.

No label
- remote can only be programmed with diagnostic equipment.

Label with 5 or 7 digit number
- remote can only be programmed with diagnostic equipment.

Label with 8 digit number
- ignition off
- press central locking button for longer than 5 seconds
- doors should lock then unlock
- within 10-15 seconds
- press first remote's lock / unlock button twice
- press second remote's lock / unlock button twice (if you have a second remote)
- doors should lock then unlock
A couple of times I have come across remotes that only needed the lock / unlock button pressed once.

Saturday, 21 May 2005

Discussion Archived

steve
Joined Apr 2005
12 posts

hi got similar problem with my luguna do you no how to get immobiliser off got problem with in car sensor thanks

Tuesday, 24 May 2005

Discussion Archived

unit
Joined May 2005
1 posts

Had the same problem, the only way out was to have the keys resynced by renault dealer, luckily? had problem just a hundred yards from dealer so got towed in by RAC and dealer charged about £45 to fix sync with keys, RAC guy tells me the box of tricks to do this is hand held and he knows of a garage in oxford who send out a "cheap" employee and fixes the car at the roadside for about £35.

Sunday, 29 May 2005

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 4 of 4.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.