Advertise here

Lynton Caravans.

Messages 1 to 12 of 12.

jimbo
Joined May 2005
11 posts

Hi, Can anyone help me, I have just bought a 1984 Lynton Javelin Executive but i have never heard of this make before and i cant find anyone who does know, 1, are Lyntons still in production,2, where were they built. 3, are spares still available for them. I'm sure there loads of other things i need to know but cant think of them at the moment any HELP would be gratefully received.

Thanks. JIMBO.

Sunday, 22 May 2005

Discussion Archived

metz
Joined Dec 2004
41 posts

Hi Jimbo, Lynton are no longer in production, they were built in Manchester, spares will be very scarce,maybe some of the common parts at dealers, but others only breakers i suspect!!

Sunday, 22 May 2005

Discussion Archived

jimbo
Joined May 2005
11 posts

Thanks metz,any other info please send. Jimbo.

Monday, 23 May 2005

Discussion Archived

Les
Joined Jul 2005
4 posts

Hi Jimbo,
Only just seen your messge.
I too have a Lynton, a Laser 14/2 VIP. built in 1985.
My brother who runs a caravan repair service in Taunton tells me that Lynton are still in business, although they don't make caravans any more they make bodies for vehicles such as the box bodies on the medium size B.T. vans.
I have the original handbook for my caravan and could get you their address etc from it if you wish, although my van isn't at my house but in a storage compound so it is not immediately to hand or I would have included it on this message.
Les

Sunday, 24 July 2005

Discussion Archived

jimbo
Joined May 2005
11 posts

Thanks Les, Any info you can help with will be great, I wont be using van untill end of August but still have a lot of work to do on it.Thanks again Jimbo.

Sunday, 24 July 2005

Discussion Archived

Les
Joined Jul 2005
4 posts

Hi again Jimbo,
I have got my owner's manual for my caravan in front of me and the address on it is: Lynton Caravans Ltd, Constable Street, Gorton, Manchester. M18 8GJ. The phone number then was: 061-231-4981 (obviously the code for Manchester will now be different). They will probably still be trading from this address even if they no longer make caravans.
I hope this is of help to you. Even if they no longer hold any spares, I suspect that they may be able to supply you with the manufacturer's name and address of any parts that you may need if they did not make them.
Regards,
Les.

Monday, 25 July 2005

Discussion Archived

jimbo
Joined May 2005
11 posts

Hi again Les, Many,many thanks for info, I hope i can help you or anyone in the future.Cheers.Jimbo.

Tuesday, 26 July 2005

Discussion Archived

Karen
Joined Jul 2005
1 posts

Hi there, I too have a Lynton Caravan. It's an Executive and it's gross laden weight is 930kg dating from 1981 i believe. That's about as much as i know. If anyone out there can give me any further info i would be grateful. Happy caravanning!!

Wednesday, 27 July 2005

Discussion Archived

baz
Joined Aug 2005
2 posts

Hi i have just brought a lynton executive 6 berth 1979 and was wondering if anyone knows what the tyre size should be only my dad thinks the ones on it are too big

Monday, 1 August 2005

Discussion Archived

dusty
Joined Aug 2005
4 posts

Just come across your chat because I am desperately trying to find an "oil-seal" for my 1983 Lynton ARROW 4. Not living far away from their original factory I collected mine locally. Quite excellent vans with little if any trouble over my 23 seasons.
Nothing of relevance or use for info at Gorton. They have one big advantage modern vans seem to lack and that is their light weight making on-site handling so much easier. I have "somewhere" the original Sales Leaflets around 1982/83/84 with their dimensions and specs. Shall I look them out?
Regards.

Monday, 8 August 2005

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

JML GO CHEF 8 IN 1 COOKER...

VW T4 AUTOSLEEPER TRIDENT...

BAILEY RANGER 470 4

///////WINKUPS IN TOWYN...

ULTRAFLOW WATERLINE

FIAMMA CARAVAN OR...

RUSSELL HOBBS KETTLE

2004 EDDIS AVANTI TWO BERTH

Place an ad here for free

» More caravans ads...

jimbo
Joined May 2005
11 posts

Hi Dusty, Thanks for writing, yes if you could look up info would be helpful.Thanks.Jimbo.

Tuesday, 9 August 2005

Discussion Archived

dusty
Joined Aug 2005
4 posts

Not forgotten my promise to look up the information for you. Predictably it will be the last thing I find. Still looking.
Keep you posted.

Cheers & Beers
Dusty

Monday, 24 October 2005

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 12 of 12.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.