Advertise here

Microswitch tap wiring ?????

Messages 1 to 5 of 5.

oxygeneuk
Joined Jun 2004
9 posts

This is going to be so obviously easy for someone, but not me ? ! ? ! I've bought a whale monobloc microswitched tap which has 2 wires uncoded from it. Also bought a carver filter unit and the unit that plugs from this and goes to water container. How do I wire them up. Are the 2 wires on tap pos + neg or both positive. How should they be fused? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Andy....

Wednesday, 13 July 2005

Discussion Archived

keith
Joined Feb 2005
1480 posts

Hi Andy,
I dont understand what you mean by this, "carver filter system" u have bought.
do u mean a housing that fits into the wall of the van and a pump with a double( blue) hose on it with a round outlet and 2 brass pins. in a rectangular white housing.
If so and its a new fit u will have to cut out the wall to fit it using mastic on a roll to seal it and run a fused live and an earth from the tap system to run it
As for the tap the microswitch just acts as an interupter on the + or - line depending on which van it is, you just connect either end to either feed lines in the van, it dosn't matter which way round u do it, fuses should be already in place for the taps. (i take it u are just replacing an old tap & not a totally new fit)
keith

Wednesday, 13 July 2005

Discussion Archived

oxygeneuk
Joined Jun 2004
9 posts

Hi Keith..Its a new installation. The pump and unit that fits into side of van is as you descibed. I have no problem fitting the units, just query on wiring as non there at the moment (because new fit). There was a foot pump for cold water and someone had fitted a small electric pump with an on/off switch. I have refurbed and put all new pipe work in complete . Are the 2 wires coming from the hot/cold monobloc tap one for each side of tap ie hot and cold or is one side for electric feed in, and the other to the unit where pump plugs in. Thanks for your response. Regards Andy

Wednesday, 13 July 2005

Discussion Archived

keith
Joined Feb 2005
1480 posts

Hi andy if you mean the single lever swivel type tap that only has 2 wires, its.
From battery, through 10 amp fuse, to tap, then out of tap, to pump housing, + side, then out of housing on - side to earth.
Thats for a single tap in van of course.

On taps that have seperate hot & cold knobs with 2 wires off each knob then 2 are for hot & 2 for cold. Again they can be wired either way round.
What can't be wired either way round is the pump housing, its got to have the wiring right, or the pump will run backwards, (being DC voltage).
keith

Thursday, 14 July 2005

Discussion Archived

oxygeneuk
Joined Jun 2004
9 posts

Hi Keith..... Thanks for your help. Got it sorted now. Regards Andy.

Saturday, 16 July 2005

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 5 of 5.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.