Advertise here

BLOWER NOT WORKING RENAULT LAGUNA

Messages 1 to 10 of 10.

SCOTT
Joined Sep 2005
6 posts

AT WITS END ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO FIX BLOWER WIRED IT UP TO 12V WORKS FINE. SO WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE FUSES ALL FINE DOES THE REALAY THINGY HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH OH CARS A RENAULT LAGUNA 1.8 1994

Sunday, 18 September 2005

Discussion Archived

BAZZ
Joined Nov 2005
2 posts

i have the same problem,can anyone help me with this problem too,as i cant see any sugestions posted,hope someone reads [Log in to view email]

Saturday, 19 November 2005

Discussion Archived

Larry
Joined Nov 2005
1 posts

Had a similar thing on a primera 1994, theres a DC relay built into the air ducting just next to the fan, the air from the fan keeps it cool. The relay has a overtemp soldered joint on it. If it gets to hot it melts and the fan dosn't work in position1-3, only pos 4. To fix remove relay ( about the size of a credit card) and resolder the connection and try again. This is only a temp solution as the fan must keep it cool. Could cause a fire if fan jams or gets stuck. hope this helps.

Friday, 25 November 2005

Discussion Archived

mark
Joined Dec 2005
1 posts

pleeeeaaasssee i need help ive changed heater motor and resistor pack but the fan worked for a secont or two then stopped i think the speed controll isnt working ( the rotary switch ) how do i take that out

Friday, 9 December 2005

Discussion Archived

night-owl
Joined Dec 2005
6 posts

hi there.

I had this problem on a citreon xantia , after a lot of messing about we eventualy tracked the problem to the ignition barrel...... one of the key positions was dead and not suppling power to the fan ......we by- passed the ignition barrel problem solved .......................*but* we created another problem..... I had to be ultra careful i switched the fan all the way off at the rotary/sliding blower control to avoid a flat battery.....

would have fitted a new ignition barrel but was getting rid of the car a few months later so just wanted a stop gap........

hope this is of some assistance

steve

Friday, 16 December 2005

Discussion Archived

L.B.
Joined Dec 2005
3310 posts

I had this problem with an N plate v6 laguna i used to own.To give you an idea as to weather the heater switch is sending any lives out you should check for continuity at the plug which connects the resistor pack, the pack may also contain 1 or 2 relays within it depending on if your car has aircon or not.
There are 4 possible lives that can come from the switch depending on the speed that you select, assuming its the normal rotary knob and not a digital climate control system.
There should i THINK.. be
3 White wires
1 Brown
1 red
1 orange(if climate control)
1 Green (if climate control)
wires coming from the switch, there maybe others but these ones are the one that control the speed from the switch to the motor.(3 whites and 1 brown that is).
Use a testlamp or powerprobe etc to see if any power coming down to blower motor at plug when turning switch to various positions.
If not check the heater switch is getting a live to it I think its fed by a red wire, if its getting a live then you've found your fault if not then check (fuse 37) is ok.
If still no joy let us know what you've checked and I'll try and get a bit more involved.
If you can verify that the wiring colours that I,ve given you tally up then it will let me know i,m looking at the right scribble i jotted down some years ago ! bearing in mind my one was a slightly diffrent model but dont think it should effect the heating system wiring.

Friday, 16 December 2005

Discussion Archived

sam
Joined Jan 2006
1 posts

Hi i had the exact same problem, simpley take out the heater resistor unit (under the glove box, its black and circular with two large and one small set of wires attachted). Look at the resitor unit there should be a two or three springy looking things (resistors) and one fusey looking thing. Basicaly you need to by pass that fuse. i did it by soldering in a 15 amp fuse from my fuse box (after the 5 and 10 blew). that sorted it for me. e-mail me if you need more info.

Saturday, 14 January 2006
Edited Saturday, 14 January 2006

Discussion Archived

shroppy
Joined Feb 2006
3 posts

hi there for my sins ive just bought a laguna mmmm, and the HEATER MATRIX IS APPARANTLY all blocked up , does your idea for fixing the problem relate to the problem i have , or is it a case of simply buying a new matrix, id appreciate any help as im not entirely sure what the problem is , previous ownwer was told haeter matrix was all full of lime?????

Monday, 6 February 2006

Discussion Archived

gerryj
Joined Feb 2006
4 posts

Hi Stroppy, did you manage to get any info on this??

Saturday, 11 February 2006

Discussion Archived

shroppy
Joined Feb 2006
3 posts

hi gerry no i havnt i dont think doing the wiring trick asmentioned wil work , i recken its a new matrix , or carry a fan heater in the car checked ebay and a matrix new-just went for fifty quid inc p and p , have you found anything out , my problem is im in germany with a rhd laguna and travelin back to uk on the fifteenth so i recken its a csae of brrrrr wrap up warm and then sort it in uk , or wait till summer , however if you find anything let me know cheers al.

Monday, 13 February 2006

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

SUPER KINGSIZE WATERBED

MATTERS OF LIFE 1 DON?S...

16.3-17HH GELDING FOR PART...

QUALITY, UNUSUAL JEWELLERY...

PET SITTER

ALFA ROMEO SPIDER 2.0 TS...

MATTERS OF LIFE 3 TIMMY?S...

PUSSYCAT FLORAL DRESS SIZE...

Place an ad here for free

» More other makes and general discussion ads...

Messages 1 to 10 of 10.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.