Advertise here

Messages 1 to 20 of 631.

tollmanuk
Joined Nov 2005
8 posts

Hi,

Please may anyone who owns a Kinroad XT50 tell me your opinions on it as i am interesting in getting one?

What can you do to it to derestrict it or to make it go faster?

Saturday, 19 November 2005
Edited Saturday, 19 November 2005

Discussion Archived

Helenofherts
Joined Dec 2005
6 posts

Hi,
Did you get the Kinroad XT-50. I'm bought one just waiting for registration then I'll be picking it up. Would like to find someone else who has one.
H.

Tuesday, 17 January 2006

Discussion Archived

tollmanuk
Joined Nov 2005
8 posts

No, I dont have one myself but my mate has had one for about two months now. He goes to colledge on it everyday in the morning and back again in the afternoon and he hasnt had any problems with his. I quote "Well worth the money, A bargain"!

Tuesday, 17 January 2006

Discussion Archived

gaz
Joined Jun 2005
33 posts

Hi

kinroad xt50 a real cool bike.I have had no problems with mine .A cheap bargin too from motomanialtd.com

Monday, 27 February 2006

Discussion Archived

dob
Joined Apr 2006
2 posts

kinrod looks nice but watch chrome work as its poor and rusts quick if not covered in grease during winter riding on salty roads, the electrics can be dodgy and engine tick over can be very
unstable as mine is, watch out for the drive chain it needs attention once or twice a week and seems poor quility and needs
constant tightning, the gear change linkage system is weak and
poorly made and designed and can break as mine did.
The Kinrod i bought never riden on the road untill registered march 06. has any one else reading this message got any advice or problems with there kinrod engine tick over,!! Wait to hear
from, signed Dob.

Thursday, 20 April 2006

Discussion Archived

Helenofherts
Joined Dec 2005
6 posts

I've had my Kinroad xt 50 since January this year. I too have trouble with tickover. Revs a bit hesitant when moving off from a standstill. Gears also rather stiff in changing down.
If I don't clean and lubricate it every time it's used rust sets in very quickly, but what can you expect, they are cheap.
Where did you get yours from?

H

Thursday, 20 April 2006

Discussion Archived

gaz
Joined Jun 2005
33 posts

KINROAD xt 50 ,IF IT'S THE CHOPPER YOU A TALKING ABOUT YOU MUST REMEMBER THIS BIKE IS ONLY A FUN BIKE AND NOT A SERIOUS COMUTER.MOST OF THE KINROAD BIKES ARE EXCELLENT ,BUT THE CHOPPER IS JUST A TOY EEC APPROVED.IF YOU TAKE THE SEAT OFF YOU WILL FIND THE C.D.I TAKE OUT THE GREY/WHITE WIRE THIS WILL HELP WITH TICK OVER PROBLEMS.

Thursday, 20 April 2006

Discussion Archived

dob
Joined Apr 2006
2 posts

thanks for your reply and advice regarding the kinrod i own. you mention about cutting a black with white tracer wire which will improve tick over, well my model is an early version and ive been advised by a dealer regading this idea but as i said been an early version this wire you mention is not on the bike !!
My bike will only start on choke even when engine is hot and will just about pull away with choke on before the engine dies under load, take the choke off in stationery position and it dies. ive altered the air and fuel screws so much im sick of it and ive checked the float and needle settings they are fine.!
A friend of mine as same problems and hes suggested running over his bike, any ideas are always appreciated. thanks, from Dob.

Sunday, 23 April 2006

Discussion Archived

gaz
Joined Jun 2005
33 posts

Hi

if there is only 5 wires going into the cdi ,then there is no restriction on it ,if there is 6 then the grey with a white trace needs to be removed. Have the valves been set? if not the bike willl have trouble running.if not loosen them off so there is movement.better off having them rattle than not opening enough.have fun..

Monday, 24 April 2006

Discussion Archived

postic17
Joined Jun 2006
3 posts

Can anyone help me with derestricting a kinroad 50ccxt chopper? many thanks
posti

Saturday, 24 June 2006

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

SYM FIDDLE 2. 125 SCOOTER....

YAMAHA JOG RR LC

TGB 202 CLASSIC 50 CC 63 REG

KYMCO 125 AGILITY

YAMAHA VITY 125CC SCOOTER 2009

DAFIER CITYBIKE

ELECTRIC MOTOR BIKE

SCOOTER

Place an ad here for free

» More mopeds and scooters ads...

Helenofherts
Joined Dec 2005
6 posts

Me too. I'd love some info on de-restriction.

H

Saturday, 24 June 2006

Discussion Archived

gaz
Joined Jun 2005
33 posts

hi
sorry no easy way to derestrict xt-50 ,as the head is restricted the inlet & outlet valves are very small about half the size of standard honda 50 head .there is a grey/white wire on cdi that if removed helps slightly.the only way is to get old honda c50 head .it fits straight on,but then you need to rejet your carb.

Saturday, 24 June 2006

Discussion Archived

postic17
Joined Jun 2006
3 posts

Thanks very much; truly appreciate the info - knowing that there's not much I can do to derestrict is better than not knowing!
I checked the xt50 over again, and found the plastic air filter intake aperture under the seat had been installed scrunched up and had severely restricted the air into the carb by 75%. Sorted that, disconnected the grey white CDI wire and took it for a spin - 30 in 3rd, 40 in 4th - better that 15 in 3rd and 25 in 4th which is what i was getting previously.
Considering buying a 110cc dirt bike and swapping the engines over in the future - I don't have the time to source and old honda c50 head and carb.

Sunday, 25 June 2006

Discussion Archived

gaz
Joined Jun 2005
33 posts

hi
a 110 cc is fine but make sure starter motor is on the top of engine ,because if at the bottom like most 110 engines,you will not fit gear select bar on chopper.try to get 110 without electric start.

Sunday, 25 June 2006

Discussion Archived

vince
Joined Aug 2006
1 posts

hi
i wonder if anyone could help me, i am trying to get a part for my kinroad xt 50 and cannot seem to be able too as the companies i heave tried only sell the spares if you bought the bike from them, the part im after is a crank case cover.

cheers vince

Wednesday, 23 August 2006

Discussion Archived

phatz rider
Joined Oct 2006
3 posts

im thinking of getttin a kinroad xt50 and im wonderin wether the bike looks a bit silly because of the size of the tyres and im also wondering wether any of you think i shud buy one?? cheers phatz rider

Sunday, 8 October 2006

Discussion Archived

gaz
Joined Jun 2005
33 posts

Hi they are not that small when you are on them ,the problem is performance they are hard to derestrict because they are resricted by having small head valves but a honda c70 head fit straight on ,but the carb needs rejetting.
hope this helps.

Sunday, 8 October 2006

Discussion Archived

phatz rider
Joined Oct 2006
3 posts

cheers mate how much more speed would you get from it if you were to de-restrict it and would you recomend the flamed ones and if so which colour or the plain black with a sign on it ?? cheers phatz rider

Sunday, 8 October 2006

Discussion Archived

gaz
Joined Jun 2005
33 posts

hi mate they will do over 50 mph with head changes..colour is a pesonnal thing i likr the blue with silver flames myself..

Monday, 9 October 2006

Discussion Archived

phatz rider
Joined Oct 2006
3 posts

kk cheers m8 phatz rider

Tuesday, 10 October 2006

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 20 of 631.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.