Advertise here

saxo power steering fault

tspirit100
Joined Jan 2006
2 posts

My daughter has a fault on her saxo, no power steering, heated rear window or heater blower fan.
Can anyone please advise on a fix

Regards

Bob

Sunday, 1 January 2006

Discussion Archived

L.B.
Joined Dec 2005
3310 posts

First thing to check would be the fuses as these items are on different circuits I would check the fuse box under the dash and the one in the engine bay first before anything else.
You don't mention the year or engine size so it's difficult to be more precise.

Monday, 2 January 2006

Discussion Archived

tspirit100
Joined Jan 2006
2 posts

Thanks for the speedy reply, I have cheked all fuses both under the glove box area and also under bonnet. All fuses are fine, its this that has me stuck. The car is a T reg and is a 1.1 L. I have also checked the relay connections under the glove box in the wiring harness.

Regards & Happy New Year

Bob

Monday, 2 January 2006
Edited Monday, 2 January 2006

Discussion Archived

jonny
Joined Nov 2005
6 posts

HI I RECENTLY HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ON MY SAXO I BET 100% THAT IT IS THE BIG BLACK BOX FUSE/ RELAY UNDER THE GLOVEBOX FUSES THERE IS I THINK ONE BLACK BOX RELAY ONE YELLOW AND ONE GREEN OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT I THINK IT WAS A FIVER FROM CITROEN HOPE IT HELPS JUST REPLACE IT

Wednesday, 4 January 2006
Edited Wednesday, 4 January 2006

Discussion Archived

quoman
Joined Oct 2005
120 posts

funnily enough its the IGNITION BARREL yes i know it sounds strange but i am a power steering services employee and have been for some 20 years btw, this is a very common fault with the saxo 020 8853 5000

http://www.greenwichcarparts.biz
http://www.ecuexchange.biz
power-steering.co.uk

Thursday, 5 January 2006

Discussion Archived

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.