Advertise here

mondeo intermitent wiper

trev
Joined Feb 2005
15 posts

I have recently bought a 1994 mondeo 1.8td glx estate.
the problem is that the intermitent wiper does not work. i have replaced the switch and the relay in the central fuse box. it is the switch with the 6 speed settings on it. the wiper will work ok in the constant mode or if i press down on it and keep it pressed, if i let go it will stop where it is, this also applies if it switched off from any mode. is it a problem with the wiper position switch in/on the motor, if so can it be repaired.

Saturday, 18 March 2006

Discussion Archived

mark
Joined Jan 2006
55 posts

do the wipers stop in middle of screen,or is it just your intermittent thats at fault?if its your intermittent then could be central timer module thats faulty,its at the bottom of main fuse box,it controls the time for interior lights ,heated rear window,and intermittent wiper.

Saturday, 18 March 2006

Discussion Archived

trev
Joined Feb 2005
15 posts

i'm glad that you have mentioned about the interior lights and rear window as i am having problems with all of these at the moment. the heated rear window has a mind of its own, it is job to get it to work or it can't be turned off, so i have had to pull the fuse.
the interior lights do not work when the doors are opened. but it works if it is switched on manually. the wipers do not not stop at the bottom of the screen they stop as soon as they are switched off where ever they are, be the middle, top or bottom. i will look into replacing the central timer module, sounds like it may solve a lot of problems in 1 go.

Saturday, 18 March 2006

Discussion Archived

ilovemyclio
Joined Feb 2006
104 posts

to get the interior lights to work when you open the door, check the small "nub" type button by the door hinge next to the seals on the car frame. they should press in and out.

spray wd40 and twist and wiggle the button and depress it several times. you will find that your light should work now.

i happens to me sometimes. wd40 solves it.

Saturday, 18 March 2006

Discussion Archived

trev
Joined Feb 2005
15 posts

done the wd40 trick. still no light. unusual wd40 does most things along with gaffer tape,silicon sealant, gripfill, vinegar, double sided sticky tape and the good cup of tea.

Sunday, 19 March 2006

Discussion Archived

mark
Joined Jan 2006
55 posts

go with central timer,that should do the trick.don't blame me if it does'nt,but i think it will,best of luck .

Sunday, 19 March 2006

Discussion Archived

trev
Joined Feb 2005
15 posts

to save me wrecking my car do you know how to remove the central timer?

Sunday, 19 March 2006

Discussion Archived

mark
Joined Jan 2006
55 posts

its in passenger fusebox,think it must be under relays.just had a look at mine,remove glovebox(lower then pull forward)look up towards fusebox,you will see a bump on box with a few small holes in it,that will be for the chimes(if you leave lights on ect.)module also controls this, this must be module.looks like it just unclips .will try mine tomorrow. found a self test ,try this link,http://www.fixafordcar.co.uk/central_timer_test.htm ( put your fuse back in for rear heated screeen ) its also in manual.(haynes)

Monday, 20 March 2006
Edited Monday, 20 March 2006

Discussion Archived

trev
Joined Feb 2005
15 posts

thanks a lot your info has been a great help. i used the link. after doing the test only the chimes worked. time to go to the breakers i think.

Tuesday, 21 March 2006

Discussion Archived

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.