Advertise here

Vectra 2.6 SRI Nightnare Problems Arrgghh. Help!!!

Messages 1 to 9 of 9.

JasonVectra
Joined Jul 2006
3 posts

God Ive had more problems with this car than any other car Ive ever had.

Vauxhall cant fix it, 6 other garages cant fix it, AA RAC you name it
the good old trusty engine man light. pulled up a code of P173 P170 which are Fule bank trim Bank 1 and Bank 2. No body knew what it was or how to fix it. so i left it. Vauxhall had it 1 full week. If you take the battery off the code goes off but the car stalls a few times and so on until it adjusts itself. seems to be ok after that. hence not spending anymore money getting people to look at it take my money and do nothing. so i left it.

The car did run fine no problem, until yesterday but now its running well dodgey put your foot down and its not there at all.
it revs and then it struggels like mad, if you put your foot hard down at idel, the car nearly cuts out.

I am at the end of my teather with this, I live in york and If i knew a garage where it could go in and out fixed it would be there. but Ive lost all hope with it.

does anybody have any sugestions or advice etc. I could really do with the help.

?????

Tuesday, 25 July 2006

Discussion Archived

Dave
Joined May 2004
1393 posts

Fuel trim codes are telling you that the ECU is having to modify the "mixture" way beyond what it is meant to.
It needs to go back onto the diagnostic tool and and live data monitored....is it adjusting the fuel mixture up - more fuel=air leak !! or is it adjusting the fuel mixture down - less fuel=rich mixture.
Is the lambda sensor/s switching ?, is the air flow meter working properly ?,
When it is suffering from lack of power, try disconnecting the MAF (air flow meter) and see if things improve.

Regards
Dave

Tuesday, 25 July 2006

Discussion Archived

L.B.
Joined Dec 2005
3310 posts

Yep I agree with Dave h on this one as I had an omega with a long term fuel trim fault code and as the oxygen sensors are heavily influenced by the airflow meter it can have a huge effect on the running of these cars.
Obviously all vacuum pipes must be leak free and although there is less on the vectra than omega there's still a few.
There's vaccum diaphrams for things like manifold tracts etc and various solenoids as well.
This long term fault code is exactly that. it's a mixture reading taking over a finite period of time and should be within preset paramters and if it's consistently outwith these it throws up this faultcode.
An oscilloscope is about the best thing for checking the airflow meter, if the reading doesnt rise in line with the revs or the reading is hardly moving even when throttle is fully open (briefly)then this is a sign of problems with the airflow meter.
The airflow meter it'self is very easy to fit, unfortunately the part itself is a bit expensive thus the need for correct diagnosis.

THERE'S NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT !

Tuesday, 25 July 2006

Discussion Archived

JasonVectra
Joined Jul 2006
3 posts

Ive disconnected the air flow meter wires is that the connector on the air filter? things did seem better but not perfect, it wouldnt run smooth as without the mam connected would it??
Anyway thanks for the advice, Ive ahd the data done and the guy from the AA said it was taking in too much air?? any suggestions

Wednesday, 26 July 2006

Discussion Archived

Dave
Joined May 2004
1393 posts

On what is the AA man basing his findings on ?
Too much air from where ??
If the air flow meter is reading incorrectly the the engine could be getting "More" air than the ECU knows about, hence lack of power as the ecu will under fuel the engine.
Disconnecting the air flow meter will cause the ECU to adopt "limp" home values, so you should feel quite an improvement if the meter IS faulty.
Consider perhaps that maybe your EGR is stuck open, this will allow more unmetered air into the engine and cause an excess weak mixture.

Regards
Dave

Wednesday, 26 July 2006

Discussion Archived

JasonVectra
Joined Jul 2006
3 posts

well it was the meter got a new one cars runnign fine. all the time ive spent trying to find out, the amount of time vauxhall ahve had it.

thanks to all that replied with the advice.

Much Much app

Saturday, 29 July 2006

Discussion Archived

QUOMAN
Joined Mar 2006
535 posts

if you feel the ecu needs to be tested please cick the link below or call me i may be able to help

Tuesday, 1 August 2006

Discussion Archived

clark
Joined Jul 2006
104 posts

dave you sound like a man who knows his stuff
my vectra is idling rough when i disconnect the air control valve solinoid it runs ok but light stays on ,

any ideas??? could the solinoid be getting a wrong reading hence it being open on tick over???i assume the valve should be closed ticking over and open when revving??
please help its drivin me nuts

jim

Thursday, 3 August 2006

Discussion Archived

QUOMAN
Joined Mar 2006
535 posts

jim, the 1.8 suffred with air flow faults which is actually an ecu fault the fault would read "no response to air flow" is yours a 1.8 ( i read your other post too)

Thursday, 3 August 2006

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 9 of 9.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.