Advertise here

mondeo rear brake pad replacement problem

Messages 1 to 7 of 7.

mondeo
Joined Oct 2006
5 posts

can anyone please shed some light. Iam trying to replace my rear brake pads on a mondeo march 2004 model ive placed the hand brake in the off position but cannot get the piston to move back to allow my new brake pads to fit in place, do you have to slacken the hand brake cable or anythink? thanks

Tuesday, 24 October 2006

Discussion Archived

trevor
Joined Sep 2006
28 posts

not sure on your car ,but some makes you have to turn the piston to make it go back in.

Tuesday, 24 October 2006

Discussion Archived

Harryboydonegood
Joined Apr 2005
265 posts

Hi.

You've got to turn the piston clockwise when you looking front on to it. There is a special tool for doing it but with a bit of pressure and a big screwdriver you can do it.
If I was you I would buy the tool its a lot easier.

Harry

Tuesday, 24 October 2006

Discussion Archived

Al's Pug
Joined Feb 2005
2329 posts

hi

if you are changing the back pads on a 2 year old car, i would get the tool, as you must be doing some millage, and you be doing it again in a year or so.

Al

Wednesday, 25 October 2006

Discussion Archived

mondeo
Joined Oct 2006
5 posts

thanks very much bought the tool now fine you was right, any idea were to locate the hand brake adjuster. Thanks Mondeo

Discussion Archived

bigtony
Joined Jan 2005
891 posts

the handbrake adjuster is above the middle exhaust box you have to lower the exhaust system and remove the upper heatshield and the adjuster can be seen, but make sure you dont adjust too much as the brakes will bind

Discussion Archived

mondeo
Joined Oct 2006
5 posts

thanks very much big tony. Can anyone explain this I have changed my back brakes on a 53 reg mondeo and the hand brake lever is traveling further back now than when i had my old worn out pads on surely this isn't right? surley you would expect the hand brake lever too have less clicks up, with the new thicker pads? thanks.

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 7 of 7.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.