Advertise here

Where is fuel filter in Peugeot 307

lab
Joined Dec 2006
0 posts

I have 1.6 16V Petrol Peugeot 307, and wanted to change fuel filter but justcan't find the damn thing! I tought it would be under plastic cover near right rear wheel but it isn't there. Filter is common metal type with a pipe front and back

Thursday, 7 December 2006

Discussion Archived

Master Tech
Joined May 2005
323 posts

you car doesnt have one that can be changed, it is part of the fuel pump

Saturday, 9 December 2006

Discussion Archived

L.B.
Joined Dec 2005
3310 posts

I've seen this or rather lack of it on quite a few cars now, I think fiats were the first I came across with this set up.
I'm curious as to what happens after a big mileage and the filter starts to become completely saturated with crap etc, are we talking about the possibility of a complete pump assembly replacement ??? or can the filter be cleaned out after removal of the pump assembly from the tank ???

THERE'S NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT !

Saturday, 9 December 2006

Discussion Archived

Master Tech
Joined May 2005
323 posts

i know on peugeot 107 the fuel filter is part of the pump and it gets changed at about 150000 miles pump and all.
i think the rest just work until they stop!!

Sunday, 10 December 2006

Discussion Archived

L.B.
Joined Dec 2005
3310 posts

ahh interseting !!! by the time the car is at 150k it could be touch and go if it's worth a new pump assembly.
I suppose the fuel pump is subject to the dirty fuel anyway even with a normal fuel filter arrangement but the thought of a set of 4 injectors choked as well at 150k would be an added bonus for the manufacturer.
So end result... manufacturer saves quite a bit on fuel filters and the punter posssibly pays the price later on.
Of course the cleaner the fuel to start with the better !!!

THERE'S NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT !

Sunday, 10 December 2006

Discussion Archived

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.