Advertise here

Do you know the age of your caravan?

Messages 1 to 20 of 3159.

Mark
Joined Oct 1999
1463 posts

It is amazing how many people believe to have a newer caravan than it actually is.... If in doubt we have data and brochures on most models of caravans going back at least 20 years. so if you wish to send me an image via your scanner or just send me as much detail as possible (a V.I.N.,serial or chassis number is ideal) to CARAVANMAN at Callender Caravans, Carnforth. http://www.callendercaravans.co.uk

Tuesday, 26 October 1999
Edited Sunday, 24 April 2005

Discussion Archived

gail
Joined Feb 2000
12 posts

I don't know the Vin and it's dark at the moment also I don't know where the Vin is. If you could tell me anything at all about the Marden Sovreign Special 16 or 17 foot 6 berth I would be very grateful, I seem to have the only one alive.

Sunday, 19 March 2000

Discussion Archived

Brian
Joined Apr 2000
2 posts

I Have A Caravan Which I Have Just Bought Second Hand,
IT Is A ABI Award Dawnstar
2 Birth
I Will Send You A Photo Soon
I Think It Is About 1989

Tuesday, 4 April 2000

Discussion Archived

Ibiza
Joined Jun 2000
1 posts

We have a Bailey Scorpio Louire which we bought as a 1991 caravan. I have reason to doubt that it is not 1991, but in fact 1993. I thought that when looking round at other 1991 vans ours had newer features on it. It has flyscreens to all windows, blown CH, oven and is in excellent condition. The only thing it has not got is etched windows, but the chassis number is:
SGBFL01PYP9101054.

What do you make of this my e-mail if you need it is: [Log in to view email]

Thursday, 15 June 2000

Discussion Archived

tony
Joined Aug 2000
1 posts

dear sir,

Ihave purchased a europa caravan and would like to know when it was built its model number is 390 it has glass windows apart from the front one which is tinted plastic my email is [Log in to view email]

Saturday, 19 August 2000

Discussion Archived

Mark
Joined Oct 1999
1463 posts

Your Europa was manufactured between 1973 and 1978. The earliest with a plastic front window was 73 and they were all plastic for the 79 season.The CI serial number should be on a plate on the nearside of the A-frame.Look for the pics. in your mailbox. Regards Mark Lewis, Callender Caravans http://www.callendercaravans.co.uk

Sunday, 20 August 2000

Discussion Archived

Mike
Joined Aug 2000
2 posts

Hi, we have just purchased an AVONDALE Mayfair, which we are led to believe is a 1978? Is this correct?

Thursday, 31 August 2000

Discussion Archived

andy
Joined Sep 2000
4 posts

Hello mark,
have you come accross 'MARATHON'
caravans?, i have a5 birth 'Marathon'
serial number1043.
Marathon Caravans, Yaxley ,Peterborough is the address on the plate on the body.
Any info/age, history would be grateful as i am having difficulty trying to insure it.
Do you know any good stockists of gas hob's,grills.
I am wanting to fit a new one to the van, but dont want to pay afortune.
Many Thanks
Andy [Log in to view email]

Wednesday, 27 September 2000

Discussion Archived

Mark
Joined Oct 1999
1463 posts

Hi Andy thanx for your enquiry. Marathon Caravans survived only for the 1979/1980 model years. They made a 13/5 in both years and a 15/5 in 1980.The 13/5 was 14.5cwt unladen weight with a body length of 13'7". The 15/5 was heavier at 16cwt at a length of 15'7. Standard equipment included double glazing;fridge and carver heater. I attach a pic.to your mailbox. Regards Mark Lewis. Callender Caravans, Carnforth. [Log in to view email]

Saturday, 30 September 2000

Discussion Archived

Ray
Joined Jan 2001
1 posts

My name is Ray Murphy and i have just bought a second hand Coachman Mirage 520/4 I would be very grateful for any information you could send me on this caravan as its our first and we bought it privatly and the previous owner has lost the books that came with it .

Thank You

Ray

Sunday, 14 January 2001

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

BEAUTIFUL 2 BEDROOM...

MERCEDES VITO MARCO POLO...

LADRAM BAY, DEVON - SIX...

BAILEY UNICORN BARCELONA

3 BEDROOM CARAVAN TO LET...

2012 3 BED HOLIDAY HOME...

CARAVAN WASTE WATER...

PORTABLE BBQ & CARRY CASE...

Place an ad here for free

» More caravans ads...

Mark
Joined Oct 1999
1463 posts

Hi Ray. The Coachman Mirage 520/4 was built between 1992 and 1998. The 14 digit VIN number will be on the windows and stamped on the A frame. If you can e-mail me at the following address I can confirm the age and, if you wish, arrange for a photocopy of the brochure.
Regards Mark Lewis, Callender Caravans, Carnforth. [Log in to view email]

Monday, 15 January 2001

Discussion Archived

margaret
Joined Jan 2001
1 posts

Hi Mark,
We have just purchased a Musketeer ci sprite, do you have any information on this make.
Thanks Margaret

Friday, 2 February 2001

Discussion Archived

Mark
Joined Oct 1999
1463 posts

Sprite Musketeers were produced between 1959 and 1995. We have lots of relevant info but need some clue as to its age. If you can obtain the serial number from the nearside of the A-frame that will tell us the year.Regards. [Log in to view email]

Saturday, 3 February 2001

Discussion Archived

ted
Joined Mar 2001
1 posts

1991 sounds right. The additional items
you are quoting are all typical add ons
- as you will see if you ever saw my van
which is a 1991 Scorpio Avallon but us
better equiped in most areas than
Pageants currently being produced by the
factory. Reason for this is that we
need a door at front of van and factory
do not make one (we don't want a
permanent bed).

It sounds to me that you have bought a
'much loved' van so are luckier than
most.

Also the chassis number (if I am right)
indicates a 1991 model year, and
security etching pf windows started in

It sounds to me that you have bought
well provided you paid a typical 1991
van price, if you follow the axiom 'buy
on condition and spec.,

Saturday, 3 March 2001

Discussion Archived

JR
Joined Mar 2001
19 posts

I would love a brochure on my caravan it is an 1991 elddis wisp 450EB I dont know chassis number off hand but it starts with 91 so I know it is a 1991 model can you help From Jackie U

Saturday, 24 March 2001

Discussion Archived

Mark
Joined Oct 1999
1463 posts

Yes. If you can send us a stamped
addressed envelope I can photocopy
one for you. regards Mark Lewis,
Callender Caravans Ltd., Scotland
Road, Carnforth, Lancs. LA5 9RF
http://www.callendercaravans.co.uk

Sunday, 25 March 2001

Discussion Archived

pab
Joined Aug 2000
1 posts

Hi Mark, Would you have any information on the Ace Quartz (ABI?) We bought it the back end of last season and was told it was an '88 but we're not sure. The serial no is B555334A

Wednesday, 11 April 2001

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 20 of 3159.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.