can e-mail me please. Any more
41's out there we are a rare breed
indeed?

Sunday, 17 March 2002

Discussion Archived

blackpearlkb72
Joined Sep 2002
1 posts

Yes, Ihave a 1984 sigma 41MH. I've had Blackpearl for 51/2 years. She is a pleasure to sail and has never diaapointed me. I hope to move her to the carribean in the future.

She is berthed in Boston, MA.

My name is Bob Paolucci. Should you have any questions please contact me at - [Log in to view email]

Monday, 2 September 2002

Discussion Archived

alpha iv
Joined Oct 2002
1 posts

I have recently purchased a Sigma 41.Do you know of a class association?

Regards

Wayne & Sue [Log in to view email]

Saturday, 12 October 2002

Discussion Archived

gkf
Joined Dec 2003
6 posts

I have also recently purchased a Sigma 41.Do you know of a class association?
rgds

Geir Karl Frostrud
Oslo, Norway

Sunday, 7 December 2003

Discussion Archived

Francis
Joined Feb 2004
14 posts

Hi
I also have just purchased a sigma 41 did you find a owners association.
Francis Ennis
Dublin Ireland.

Monday, 16 February 2004

Discussion Archived

gkf
Joined Dec 2003
6 posts

No, nothing so far.

Monday, 16 February 2004

Discussion Archived

Francis
Joined Feb 2004
14 posts

Thanks anyway. How are you getting on with your boat? Mine is in for a refit starting with galley and working up.
Francis.

Tuesday, 17 February 2004

Discussion Archived

Francis
Joined Feb 2004
14 posts

Hi Andrew
Nice to talk to another Sigma 41 What are your plains for this year We will be cruising in southern Ireland this Summer and N. Spain in 2005 The boat is new to me and needs a lot of work done on it so we now taking it apart They dont make them like this anymore.
Regards
Francis. [Log in to view email]

Thursday, 4 March 2004

Discussion Archived

arduinnagundogs
Joined Apr 2004
10 posts

Hi Francis
I am interested in how your getting on with your refit, We purchased our Sigma in 02 and I have started to sort out a few problems like water down the mast, I have re calked the teak decks, replace the window/ hatches Perspex with polycarbonate. I am at present overhauling the steering as there was a bit of play in the rudder. We are hoping to be back sailing towards the end of the month, Next job is to fit a spray hood and heater.

Regards

Wayne & Sue

AlphaIV

Sunday, 11 April 2004

Discussion Archived

Roger
Joined May 2004
84 posts

Hi all - have just found this forum on the web - I am a proud owner also and have had a fabulous autumn and winter sailing from Yarmouth IoW to the Carribbean and cruising her over there. I know of several other 41's in the Solent - has anybody done anything about an owners association just to swop ideas and maybe meet up occasionally ?

Sunday, 2 May 2004

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

Place an ad here for free

» More sailing and boating ads...

arduinnagundogs
Joined Apr 2004
10 posts

Hi all

We would be interesting in getting together to start an owners association
You can contact me on [Log in to view email]

Regards

Wayne & Sue

Thursday, 13 May 2004

Discussion Archived

Stevie_T
Joined Jun 2004
4 posts

Hi
Just found this thread as I have been thinking of buying a Sigma 41, perhaps you could give me an unbiased opinion if they make a good and safe ocean passagemaker. I am looking for a semi liveaboard, something for 2 people to use for extended holidays for now with a view to longer passages in a few years.

Sunday, 27 June 2004

Discussion Archived

Roger
Joined May 2004
84 posts

Hi Stevie
I dont think there is a better value boat for what you describe anywhere on the market.
The 41 is easily handled by 2 people - and yet is comfy for up to 6-8 people.
I took mine to Caribbean last autumn and can honestly say that she performed faultlessly - she is strong, well built and will outlast any of the French rubbish that you see for similar money. She stands up to bad weather with aplomb - and sails pretty quick too!
Met a couple and their two dachsunds in La Rochelle who were living aboard and heading for the Med then in due course West and they seemed as content as I am.
doesn't seem to matter whether you go M/H or fractional - my boat is fractional but others prefer m/h

Have just realised that I sound biased -but then I am an owner in love with his boat !

Roger

Sunday, 27 June 2004

Discussion Archived

Stevie_T
Joined Jun 2004
4 posts

Thanks for the reply Roger, I am just sorting one or two to view, so who knows may soon be looking for an owners club :)

Steve

Thursday, 8 July 2004

Discussion Archived

Ted
Joined Jul 2004
69 posts

My wife and I own what we think is the only S 41 on the U.S. West Coast. We have had it four years and have replaced engine, sails, autopilot, head plumbing, instruments, stove (to LPG), counter tops, windlass and ground tackle.

We think the boat has an execptionally tall mast, about 58' above the deck. The "P" measurement is 54.2' The boat has a fractional rig. It sails to a PHRF rating of 87.

We cruise, race and daysail it, and we do OK racing, so we try everything to keep the weight down.

Next step are a heater? Has anyone installed one? Did you use forced air or circulating hot water or a furnace? Then possibly a windvane. Anyone have experience with a Hydrovane or any others?

Monday, 19 July 2004

Discussion Archived

Roger
Joined May 2004
84 posts

Ted
Does seem like you have an extra tall rig - standard P on a 41FR is 15 metres - so say 50 feet - she must go well in light airs !

We have heating - an Eberspacher hot air one diesel powered - its very effective but can be temperamental - we have 5 outlets - aft cabin - aft head - main saloon - fwd head - forecabin.

Roger
Candida

Friday, 23 July 2004

Discussion Archived

Showing results 1 to 20 of 727.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.