Advertise here

Peugeot 406 Economy Mode

Messages 1 to 17 of 17.

Az
Joined Sep 2007
7 posts

I left the lights on my Peugeot in my garage. When i returned to the car 2 days later, the battery was near enough flat. I charged the battery (without removing it) however the car does not even turn over and on the display it says "economy Mode active" Please help !!!

Saturday, 29 September 2007

Discussion Archived

pjl1962
Joined Jun 2007
405 posts

Have you got a picture of a yellow key illuminated on the dashboard??

Sunday, 30 September 2007

Discussion Archived

Az
Joined Sep 2007
7 posts

i believe i have .

Discussion Archived

pjl1962
Joined Jun 2007
405 posts

As your batery has been flat, you may have lost the synchronisation between the key and the ECU! and the car cannot recognise your key and it will not let you start it.

Discussion Archived

Az
Joined Sep 2007
7 posts

...and the solution is ?

Discussion Archived

madmark
Joined Apr 2005
379 posts

hi there
the keys will need to be recoded to the car,this can only be done by a peugeot dealer or someone with thre correct diagnostic equipment.also make sure you have the transponder code this will be a 4 digit code on a blue card about the size of a credit card.if not you will be charged an extra £15 to get the code.

madmark

peugeot tech

yes i am a peugeot technician

Discussion Archived

Az
Joined Sep 2007
7 posts

Thanks for the posting. The remote key still opens the and locks the doors at the press of the button. Do you still think it needs to go back to Peugeot.

Discussion Archived

madmark
Joined Apr 2005
379 posts

if the yellow light on dash is on when you put the ignition on,then the key is not reconnised and will need to be recoded (it is not uncommon for the key codes to become corrupt after the battery being drained flat )

madmark

peugeot tech

yes i am a peugeot technician

Discussion Archived

Az
Joined Sep 2007
7 posts

Hi. There is no yellow in the dash. Te economy mode is still active and when i turn the key, nothing happens, does not even turn over.

Saturday, 6 October 2007

Discussion Archived

ian
Joined Sep 2006
930 posts

sounds like the battery is not accepting charge and is still flat.

Sunday, 7 October 2007

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

PEUGEOT 307 ESTATE FOR SALE

PEUGEOT 206 1.4 HDI LOOK...

PEUGEOT 206 2.0 HDI 90 LX...

PEUGOT 206 ESTATE

PEUGEOT 206 1.1 LX

PEUGEOT 307 RAPIER 1.6

PEUGEOT 307 2.0 S 2DR FULL...

PEUGEOT PARTNER COMBI 1.6...

Place an ad here for free

» More peugeot ads...

Az
Joined Sep 2007
7 posts

should i try another battery or should it start with a jump start/jump leads.

If a new battery is required, is there anything i need to ensure before i desconnect the current battery

Sunday, 7 October 2007

Discussion Archived

bigtony
Joined Jan 2005
891 posts

i would just replace the battery . and then you know its right.. you shouldnt need to do anything else before you disconnect the battery. my 406 hdi goes into economy mode if i leave the radio on with the ignition off after 10 mins or so but normally starts ok... but im getting a new battery on mine for the winter as its getting a bit slow to crank over from cold first start sometimes

Sunday, 7 October 2007

Discussion Archived

glovenet
Joined Nov 2005
308 posts

I will say that on multiplexed cars like yours, before you disconnect the battery you should switch the ignition off and take the keys out of the ignition. Shut the door, open the window and leave it for at least 3 minutes. Obviously open the bonnet first! This is to allow the ECU to be written to from the various sensors and other ECUs and then to "go to sleep". Then change the battery, lean in through the window and switch the lights on. This "wakes" it up gently. Then you can start the engine.
Sounds stupid I know and a lot of people don't follow this procedure, and nothing goes wrong. But it can and does go t*ts up, so I advise you do it this way.

Thursday, 11 October 2007

Discussion Archived

ian
Joined Sep 2006
930 posts

good advice from glovenet. the main problem from not doing this is the key and remote going out of sync. pain in the arse to re-sync and can result in having to tow it to the dealers and paying them half an hours labour to re-code them.

Friday, 12 October 2007

Discussion Archived

Az
Joined Sep 2007
7 posts

Ok....i bought a new battery and did everything everyone said and it still does not bloody work. It still says Economy Mode Active. The key still opens and closes the locks and when you put the ignition on, there is no key logo on the dash. Please Help. I am pulling my hair out !!!

Sunday, 21 October 2007

Discussion Archived

ian
Joined Sep 2006
930 posts

is the engine turning over. if its not you need to check to see if the live is being switched at the starter motor. it should still turn over even if the key is out of sync. there is a thick bare wire from the solenoid to the starter. check it with a test light to see if it becomes live while someone attempts to crank the engine. it will not come out of Eco mode until the engine is started.

Monday, 22 October 2007

Discussion Archived

L.B.
Joined Dec 2005
3310 posts

Kind of off topic a bit here but glovenet's advice reminds me of how you would deactivate/switch off a home computer e.g. shut down all programs before switch off etc.
The point here... Home computers have canbus too it's just that it's been for a lot longer !
I had heard about the shut down procedure on these systems but the wakeup procedure is something I didnt know !
Good bit of info Glovenet ! will have to bear that in mind.

THERE'S NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT !

Monday, 22 October 2007

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 17 of 17.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.