Advertise here

PEUG 206 engine light causing problems

LUCYSANSUM87
Joined Dec 2007
2 posts

i have only had my car for 4 months, got it as a px, its a peugeot 206 1.4 8v 53 plate and has had its service before they gave me the keys. the engine light has appeared, flashing and beeping, the car is looseing power, shuddering when changing gear or under a little pressure. please can any one help, i have changed the spark plugs but nothing, i am at my witts end. please help

Wednesday, 5 December 2007

Discussion Archived

ian
Joined Sep 2006
930 posts

no 4 injector. its the one nearest the pullys. very common fault.

Wednesday, 5 December 2007

Discussion Archived

chris1269
Joined Jul 2007
9 posts

I wouldnt go straight in a replace #4 injector. Any one of the other injectors is just as likely to be the fault. This is presuming it is an injector fault.

A very common fault is with the Sagem Coil Packs which should be renewed with the newer Electrifil Coil Pack which cost around £80.

My advice would be to check the coil pack first. Sagem is stamped onto the plastic casing and also the coil pack has a very square body to it. The newer coil pack is curved and is a completly sealled unit. (the old Sagem units are not sealled fully hence they let moisture and are more prone to go wrong)

Chris

Thursday, 6 December 2007

Discussion Archived

LUCYSANSUM87
Joined Dec 2007
2 posts

i have not got a clue when it comes to cars, its a women thing, so do i need to replace number 4 injector? is it cheap and easy?

Discussion Archived

chris1269
Joined Jul 2007
9 posts

If your not mechanically minded then you may find it hard to replace an injector.

As i said before dont just presume its number 4 injector, it could be any one of the injectors (there are 4) thats even if it is an injector. It could also be the injector wiring loom. These tend to break inside.

As i said before, id get a new coil pack if you still have the old one fitted. Injectors for this spec will cost around £90 + VAT. A coil pack around £80.

Failing that, take it to the dealership and get a Diagnostic check, this should cost around £45. Get a copy of the faults that are in the engine ECU then message me and il be able to help you out further.,

Chris

Discussion Archived

ian
Joined Sep 2006
930 posts

number 4 injector goes down because the washer jet leaks directly onto it. this only effects number 4 injector. you can remove the injector and do a resistance check but if you look inside the plug you should see white furry residue in the bottom around the terminals. agree about the coil pack but this fault is usually intermittent. look at the flat side of the coil just behind the rocker cover. if it is plastic its the old type and if its filled with resin its the new one. if you get a diag check the coil fault will be multiple misfires on all cylinders and the injector fault will be injector number ? open circuit. does not matter what number it says it will always be number 4 nearest the pulleys. done hundreds of these and never had to change an injector other than number 4.

Discussion Archived

ian
Joined Sep 2006
930 posts

it could also be a throttle position copy fault. if it is this you or a garage will have to locate the throttle harness that runs along the back of the heater box. remove the glove box and cut out the plug and solder the wires together. then cut of the male plug on the top of the throttle pedal and solder in the plug you removed from the passenger side. the harness is used to convert the car to a right hand drive for the UK and the plugs on the harness that is used to do this are not as good quality as the original so all you are doing is making the original harness longer and refitting the genuine end instead of just fitting an extension with inferior multi plugs.

Friday, 7 December 2007

Discussion Archived

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.