Advertise here

Citroen Berlingo Mulitspace 1.4 Petrol

TR7inc
Joined Mar 2008
3 posts

Hi all just wondered if you could help me with a problem my partner has with her Berlingo, i have noticed over the past few weeks a small in the cockpit, now ive beeen told it could be the heater matrix, has anyone else had a sinilar problem with their's?, the smell is reminicent of curry, i know that sounds daft but thats what it smells like. there are no obvious leaks anywhere and no fluids have been lost.

Many thanks for any advice you may have to offer im most greatful

Steve

Tuesday, 4 March 2008
Edited Tuesday, 4 March 2008

Discussion Archived

fasty
Joined Jun 2007
1791 posts

hi you could do the taste test on the drip get some on your finger and taste it (if you are used to the way antifeeze/water mix tastes then you will recognize it if not open the expansion bottle and dip finger in that if it tastes the same chances are heater matrix or connection leaking

Sunday, 9 March 2008

Discussion Archived

cjscos
Joined Apr 2008
7 posts

yes it will be the heater matrix as it is coolant you can smell coming out of the vent. hope this helps

Tuesday, 1 April 2008

Discussion Archived

L.B.
Joined Dec 2005
3310 posts

My wife associated antifreeze with a currie smell as well when the matrix in her car went south and have since heard other people use this term for the smell as well.
I originally laughed at my wife when she described it to me but after reading a few posts on here it certainly appears that quite a few people describe this as the smell.
Anyway the currie smell is normally associated with a leaky matrix if it's strong in the car.
I would first check your coolant level and see if it's dropped any first and to also make sure it's not a leak under the bonnet from say ... a leaking hose etc.

THERE'S NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT !

Tuesday, 1 April 2008

Discussion Archived

chadwick
Joined Dec 2007
1 posts

it`s big bucks to fix mate mine has just gone in my pug partner,,local garage wont do it as it will rot through again as water has severly diluted the anti corrosive stuff in the antifreeze,,

Matrix £70 Pug dealer
Labour £330 +Vat (dealer price)

Thursday, 10 April 2008

Discussion Archived

cjscos
Joined Apr 2008
7 posts

oh dear! did they have to take the dash off?

Thursday, 10 April 2008

Discussion Archived

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.