Advertise here

Peugeot 306 cabriolet power hood problem

Showing results 1 to 20 of 238.

jumpingdoghouse
Joined Apr 2008
2 posts

Hi , i have an 'R' reg 306 cabriolet and the power hood will not work, i have only just bought the car and know little about it. I have no manuals or hand books to guide me, although i have checked all the fuses in the fuse box by the drivers foot well and have changed the switch. with the ignition in the first position with the lights showing there doesn't appear to be any sort of power draw i.e. lights dimming, could there be an additional fusebox somewhere???any ideas ????

Friday, 4 April 2008

Discussion Archived

Al's Pug
Joined Feb 2005
2348 posts

hi

surely you had the seller lower it to test drive it ?

ring them up or go back to them for demo

Al

if it aint broke don't fix it !

Saturday, 5 April 2008

Discussion Archived

jumpingdoghouse
Joined Apr 2008
2 posts

the car was bought with the hood fault made aware to me,anyone out there with any constructive help please????

Saturday, 5 April 2008

Discussion Archived

DanS
Joined Mar 2008
12 posts

No advice - I have the same problem.

I've some how made my roof lid unluck manually (well i rotated the nut in the boot to much) and now it wont lock. As a result means the whole roof sequence wont work.

I need to get the roof lid to lock before I can test the roof again.

Anyone got any ideas?

Monday, 5 May 2008

Discussion Archived

jason
Joined May 2008
3 posts

try a manual reset. easy. i did this too mine and it works great.

1 un clip both locks to the roof from inside the car and push roof up asif you were going to operate it by the switch.
2 open boot and by fitting the wheel wrench into the hole on the back of the seats you can unlock the roof storage compartment.(turn clockwise) SO YOU CAN SEE THE COMPARTMENT POP OPEN.
3 lift the back window part of the roof
4 now lift the storage lid. ( this is much easier with 2 people).
5 now you can lift the front of roof and continue to do this so that it all fits back into the conpartment
6 now close the compartment lid as far as it will go.
7 back in the boot place the wrench back in the hole and lock the lid by a small turn anti clockwise so you can see it pull close.
8 close and lock the car as normal.
9 now open as normal and turn on ignition
10 operate switch to close roof..... this should now work ok.

Monday, 12 May 2008

Discussion Archived

DanS
Joined Mar 2008
12 posts

Thanks for replying Jason, but no good.

Before the whole sequence can begin the roof lid must be locked (don't know how it knows this as there is no wires connected, but it knows).

On further investigation (taking the unit apart - the bit screwed onto the wall in the roof compartment), I've busted the bult which locks the roof lid down. You know, the bult in the boot which you're suppose to turn 1/4 either way.

Peugeot are not sure if they sell the part I need separately - have got to take the car down there so they can have a look at. Although i'm not paying them £40 just to assess.

I'm hoping when i replace the 'thingy' I can do a manual reset and get the electrics working again.

Of all the times to not have the roof working. Typical!

Monday, 12 May 2008
Edited Monday, 12 May 2008

Discussion Archived

DanS
Joined Mar 2008
12 posts

Does anyone know where I can get this part - Peugeot and their parts department tell me they don't sell it separately. But they sell the whole unit for, wait for it... £700!

I only need this part

http://danspring.googlepages.com/Pug-Cab-Part-Needed.jpg

Saturday, 17 May 2008

Discussion Archived

muppet
Joined Jul 2008
3 posts

did u solve the problem with your peugeot hood the reason i ask is mine is doing the same ive tried everything everyone recomends but i get no results.it doesnt lock as i did as u did overwound the bolt and now it doesnt lock down can u advise thanks....

Saturday, 19 July 2008

Discussion Archived

from oz
Joined Jul 2008
16 posts

hi jason, i don't know who you are but i know what you are. A PUG LIFESAVER! my pug had 'the hood problem' and you, in your infinite wisdom have saved me big bucks by posting that advise on the web site. i cannot thank you enuff!!!!!
the thing i can't understand is why pug places-we only have 2 in western australia-don't tell this stuff when you desperately call for help. THANK YOU!!!!!

Sunday, 20 July 2008

Discussion Archived

DanS
Joined Mar 2008
12 posts

Hi Muppet

Haven't found the part I need yet - to be honest I haven't looked. I plan to start looking in breakers yards and the manufacturer of the actual part. Peugeot are useless.

Good luck - let me know if you find the same part - as i bet you that's what has gone on yours.

Cheers

Sunday, 20 July 2008

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

Place an ad here for free

» More peugeot ads...

muppet
Joined Jul 2008
3 posts

anymore problems go on peugeot 306 cabriolet club they have a good forum that tells u everything thousands of 306 owners on it...

Sunday, 20 July 2008

Discussion Archived

moores
Joined Aug 2007
2 posts

dans ....i have the part you are after to repair your roof price is up to yu how much you wsant to pay for it parts for this cars are like rocking horse s**t as i have 1 myself but any way i have the part you need cheers

Sunday, 31 August 2008
Edited Sunday, 31 August 2008

Discussion Archived

DanS
Joined Mar 2008
12 posts

Hi Moores

Sounds interesting!

Can you email me please: danspring+preloved (at) gmail (dot) com

Cheers

Sunday, 31 August 2008

Discussion Archived

moores
Joined Aug 2007
2 posts

hi your email does not work....cheers

Sunday, 31 August 2008

Discussion Archived

DanS
Joined Mar 2008
12 posts

It does - I've just sent myself a message from two different accounts.

Copy and paste my address and replace the (at) and (dot) with the correct symbols.

' danspring+preloved (at) gmail (dot) com '

Cheers

Sunday, 31 August 2008

Discussion Archived

gates1
Joined Nov 2008
3 posts

Hi all,
After months of trying to get to the bottom of my ex's roof failure, I now have a solution for the roof lids that wont lock and reset the system.
After trawling the net for half my life and getting nowhere, I figured the whole system out myself.
You need to bridge one of the solenoid wires to earth then bridge the motor power contacts at the relay position in the boot.
If the internal ram is not fully extended and the lid locked; the hydraulic pressure drops off and the system halts due to the 'end stop' switches in the ram.
I'm following this feed and it's now November.
Does anyone still want to repair their roof?
Hope to hear from you soon
brodders (electrician and auto-electrician)

Tuesday, 11 November 2008

Discussion Archived

DanS
Joined Mar 2008
12 posts

You have lost me. I want my hood fixed but I need one piece of metal. ...and where I can get that is beyond me.

Discussion Archived

gates1
Joined Nov 2008
3 posts

I realise most of the hood parts are £1000 or more but surely that piece of metal isn't that much?
Put it back together and forget about the manual operation for now, I'll tell you how to reset the hydraulics bridging two wires
brodders

Discussion Archived

sweb
Joined Dec 2008
6 posts

Hi Gates1,

yesterday in the cold, i began to operate the electric hood on my 306 and as it got towards the end of concertening the hood, the operation slowed down to a hault and the metal boot cover that should come down over the reclined hood remained up. I was left with no choice but to grab manually and push in the necessary assistance re-lift up the canvas bit and put the metal boot cover back inside as it should be when the roof is up. The battery was a bit sluggish at the time due to the cold. since then i have not been able to operate the hood electrically. I have not as yet tried the manual operation of turning the nut in the boot a 1/4 of a turn so i have not done the posted deed of knackering the locking system by vertue of overturning this nut. What do you reckon happened and what do you reccommend i do to sort? to Gates1 and anyone else out there please?

Friday, 12 December 2008

Discussion Archived

lis
Joined Mar 2008
6 posts

Hi Sweb,
Ran in to the very same problem with mine today,the battery was also sluggish,and on opening roof failed to fully recline. Just pushed it back down manually,I've now charged the battery fully and now no motion what so ever. I spoke to main Peugeot dealer today and they put the fear of God into me saying 'very expensive,proberbly a hydraulic fault'. To me this doesn't sound right as i can't hear any switch or electrical noise coming from the motor.All this happened just before a potential buyer was due to come and view the damn thing ! Have you had any joy ? Simon

Friday, 12 December 2008

Discussion Archived

Showing results 1 to 20 of 238.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.