Advertise here

how much does full and alf loaning a horse cost?

Denva
Joined Mar 2008
20 posts

could anyone please tell me how much a horse costs to full and half loan because i only have a small amount of money coming in and used to ride a horse for someone everyday but i got ill and now im better she doesnt need me anymore and im missing horses allot and am hoping to loan a horse as soon as possible, please help me!

Monday, 2 June 2008

Discussion Archived

Dee
Joined Jun 2007
1216 posts

to be honest its not a question you can answer exactly it all depends on the owner
full loan will mean you pay for everything for the horse and that is not cheap with insurance stable rent shoes every 6 weeks food tack etc you can more or less expect 300 a month dependent on area stable keep varies

half loan means you share costs this does depend on the owner though but allow around 100 -200 a month ish
hope this helps

Monday, 2 June 2008

Discussion Archived

Denva
Joined Mar 2008
20 posts

ok thanks allot its a big help x x

Monday, 2 June 2008

Discussion Archived

Abi..x
Joined Dec 2007
960 posts

hello, i do agree with the prices bu not all half loans are as expensive as that as i have known people who have had it for 50-75 pounds.

Horses are my life - You can't live with them and you can't live without them!

Sophie my little (huge) bundle of fluff- you little terror!

Monday, 2 June 2008

Discussion Archived

rin tin tin
Joined Mar 2007
12235 posts

Hiya , we are in essex and the going rate for two /three days half loan/share is about £25 - £35 a week on average .

A DOG IS FOR LIFE ! ! and def not for Christmas , please be his forever friend and care for him as you would a precious child , and please everyone just be nice to each other and your pets !

Monday, 2 June 2008

Discussion Archived

Denva
Joined Mar 2008
20 posts

ok thanks, i have noticed that here are allot of horses for loan on the internet but thats only in england and not for the channel islands, so its hard to know whats going for what prices, thanks for your help x

Tuesday, 3 June 2008

Discussion Archived

tracy
Joined Sep 2006
2037 posts

yes def all different, i put our cob on loan and he went to another yard i didnt charge her anything just payed ins and the usal stabling, keep fees.

Thursday, 5 June 2008

Discussion Archived

Abi..x
Joined Dec 2007
960 posts

hi, i have a share and i ride her 3/4 days a week, everyday in the holidays and i pay £18 a week which i thought was really good!

Thursday, 5 June 2008

Discussion Archived

tracy
Joined Sep 2006
2037 posts

i put an ad on for help for the right person for free rides in exchange for helping with showing and genereal occasional help for my 3 as ive not shown before myself and thort it would be nice for someone experienced who couldnt afford one to get a chance as well as comapany for me . ive have got a v good colt and 2 geldings who all share the same field but had loads of timewasters, finaly thort id found someone who was right but all fell thru, and after her ride and promises of help didnt hear from her again!

Thursday, 5 June 2008

Discussion Archived

Abi..x
Joined Dec 2007
960 posts

hi, i really do hope you find someone soon, i no i was the one looking for the horse but when i found the right one it and it was def worth the wait so hopefully you will find somebody soon.

Thursday, 5 June 2008
Edited Thursday, 5 June 2008

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

Place an ad here for free

» More pets ads...

tracy
Joined Sep 2006
2037 posts

ive took the ads for help of now decided it wasnt worth the trouble! easier it to do them ourselfs. you get some people after something to bomb it round on, as i think is what she was after, and the horse isnt like that. could have completely spoiled him so it was for the best. there v lucky to have you.

Thursday, 5 June 2008

Discussion Archived

Denva
Joined Mar 2008
20 posts

wow that is a good offer and if i do loan that would be perfect for me lol x

Friday, 6 June 2008

Discussion Archived

Denva
Joined Mar 2008
20 posts

oh sorry to hear about that, im sure you wll find someone as people are always willing to help with horses, you just have to ask around at riding stables and stuff, hope you find someone x

Friday, 6 June 2008

Discussion Archived

gemhp23
Joined Aug 2007
7 posts

Hi
Well i loaned a horse for 3 days a week and that was £150. But if you were to full loan you would most probably be paying everything, and at my local livery yard (part livery) its £243.50

Friday, 11 July 2008

Discussion Archived

abbiegirl
Joined Aug 2006
212 posts

Hi Denva
I had a sharer for my Welsh Cob mare and charger £15 per week plus half cost shoes (when needed.)
Sharer could ride when and for how long she liked and treat my horse like her own ( I have 2 horses so it worked out well)

Saturday, 12 July 2008

Discussion Archived

Maddie
Joined Apr 2008
285 posts

Hi Denva
you really cant say how much a part and full loan will cost, it really depends on the owner and the horse and what you would be doing with the horse i.e competing, hacking ect would vary the cost. hope this helps

eat, sleep, ride and friends - need nothing more in life, the simple pleasures!

Sunday, 13 July 2008

Discussion Archived

Denva
Joined Mar 2008
20 posts

ok thanks that does help a little x x thanks x x

Monday, 14 July 2008

Discussion Archived

Denva
Joined Mar 2008
20 posts

wow that sounds so good x x thanks x x

Monday, 14 July 2008

Discussion Archived

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.