Advertise here

Peugeot 307 Won't start - Economy mode!!

Messages 1 to 6 of 6.

helenb50
Joined Aug 2008
3 posts

Can someone pls help. My car is in economy mode and won't start - is there any way of turning off the economy mode?

I have tried changing the battery and topping up the levels. Nothing is working.

Any ideas anyone before I have to tow it to the dealers??!!

Thanks

Wednesday, 20 August 2008

Discussion Archived

madmark
Joined Apr 2005
379 posts

hi there
economy mode is a power saving mode to stop the battery from going flat lf the ignition is on with out the engine running. this is not the cause of your non start ,the only way to get out of economy mode is to get the engine started

madmark
peugeot tech

yes i am a peugeot technician

Discussion Archived

helenb50
Joined Aug 2008
3 posts

but how?! I have tried jumps starting and bump starting. I tried charging the battery and it did nothing so I changed the battery for a new one as it hasn't been replaced for years anyway.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Discussion Archived

madmark
Joined Apr 2005
379 posts

hi there
what happened when the car wouldnt start for the first time,what is it petrol or diesel.are you sure you got fuel in it and of the correct type.

madmark
peugeot tech

yes i am a peugeot technician

Thursday, 21 August 2008

Discussion Archived

helenb50
Joined Aug 2008
3 posts

Yes it has fuel in it and right type. I had used the car the day before fine. I was going out that day about 11am and the car just wouldn't turn over. Absolutely nothing so I thought the battery was dead. I charged it overnight and then changed the battery. Both to no avail.

The only thing I had done differently that week was use the car less due to the price of fuel recently. So it had sat idle for a few days at a time for a period of about 2 weeks and only going a short distance on the odd occassion I did use it.

Thursday, 21 August 2008

Discussion Archived

L.B.
Joined Dec 2005
3310 posts

Does any lights on the dash light up at all when you turn on the ignition ?
If the lights do light up then The starter needs to be checked for the 2 necessary lives going to it.
Also that the main earth to the engine/gearbox is in good condition.
This is for starters at least.
Dont worry about eco mode for the moment this is actually one of Peugeots more clever ideas but it shouldnt make any odds to the starting.

THERE'S NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT !

Thursday, 21 August 2008
Edited Thursday, 21 August 2008

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 6 of 6.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.