Advertise here

407 1.6 hdi prricle filter regeneration unit

Messages 1 to 10 of 10.

flinny951
Joined Sep 2008
1 posts

hey i drive a 407 hdi on occasion, and just recently noticed the particle filter regeneration warning coming up, Any idea what this means or how to fix it ??

Thursday, 18 September 2008

Discussion Archived

scouse
Joined Oct 2008
1 posts

alright mate im having same problem if u find answer please would u let me know thanks in advance

Wednesday, 15 October 2008

Discussion Archived

pjl1962
Joined Jun 2007
405 posts

This could be many things but the most common are as follows

1. It might just be low on the eloys oil in the diesel additive tank and needs topping up to cure the problem.

2. there might be a magnetic counter switch on the fuel filler flap. The purpose of this is that every time you put diesel in the ECU assumes you have filled up the tank, from this information it calculates how much eloys oil to inject into the exhaust system to burn off soot particles.

If you fill your car up say 5 pounds, ten pounds here and there, the ECU assumes that the additive tank may be empty but in reality it is not, this can only be re-set by using diagnostic equipment throught the 16 pin EOBD diagnostic socket.

Wednesday, 15 October 2008

Discussion Archived

L.B.
Joined Dec 2005
3310 posts

Pjl I always thought it simply determined this by way of the fuel sender unit level.
Simply as they surely couldnt expect people to fill there tank fully every time.
However I'm no expert on this I just know some of the basics but I was curious e.g. a before fill up reading by the ecu and the after fillup difference.

THERE'S NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT !

Friday, 17 October 2008

Discussion Archived

humphreys
Joined Nov 2008
31 posts

I THOUGH YOU JUST HAD TO TAKE IT FOR A HARD RUN OUT TO CLEAR , CLEAN IT , IE DRIVE IT HARD AND IT CLEANS THE SYSTEM OUT , RESETS IT , IT WORKS ON THE 307 HDI , THE FUEL ADDITIVE LAST ABOUT 48,000 MILES AND IT HOLDS 5 LITRES .

Sunday, 9 November 2008

Discussion Archived

humphreys
Joined Nov 2008
31 posts

IS THIS OIL DEAR BECAUSE MINE NEED DOING SOON , IM ON ABOUT THE FUEL ADDITIVE HDI TANK

Sunday, 9 November 2008

Discussion Archived

L.B.
Joined Dec 2005
3310 posts

The oil is a bit dear and isnt terribly handy to do either, quite why a remote resevoir for filling this up wasnt made is beyond me.

Sunday, 9 November 2008

Discussion Archived

humphreys
Joined Nov 2008
31 posts

is that eloys oil the same as they put in hgv , all new hgv have a tank you put add blue ,thats what its called for trucks it works in the same way and if it runs out waggon goes in limp mode , is it expensive that eloys oil

Monday, 10 November 2008

Discussion Archived

L.B.
Joined Dec 2005
3310 posts

Yeah basicly the add blue does much the same thing as the eloys but I'm not sure if the two are compatible.
Last time I checked it was 20 odd quid a litre from a dealer but you may be able to get it aftermarket cheaper than that nowadays.
The fluid is stored in a tank next to the main fuel tank.
The biggest problem for most people with this is even if you refill the little eloys tank, your meant to reset the ecu and unfortunately not many of the aftermarket tools seem to be able to do it.

Monday, 10 November 2008

Discussion Archived

humphreys
Joined Nov 2008
31 posts

All you need to do is take it for a good long run drive it hard , it cleans the system out and resets its sell , about 40 mile run will do it , what miles is on the clock because after 70k you diesel additive will need refilling cost £130.00 @ peugeot

Thursday, 13 November 2008

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

PEUGEOT 307 CONVERTABLE

PEUGEOT 407SW EXECUTIVE,...

PEUGEOT 206 LX1.1 BARGAIN!!!

2006 PEUGEOT 207

PEUGEOT PARTNER VAN

HAYNES 206 PEUGEOT SERVICE...

PEUGEOT VIVACITY 50CC

PEUGEOT 207 1.6 V SPORT

Place an ad here for free

» More peugeot ads...

Messages 1 to 10 of 10.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.