Advertise here

HELP NEEDED do dogs have to lock (tie) together to become pregnant?

Messages 1 to 14 of 14.

cllmmllm
Joined Dec 2008
546 posts

hi all,

could any one tell me if dogs have to lock (tie) together to become pregnant?some people say YES and some say NO.

have looked on internet but couldnt find what i was looking for maybe i was looking in wrong place.

really need to know anyone advice would be hepful.

thanks

Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Discussion Archived

Angels Bunny Stud
Joined Jan 2009
3669 posts

yes i think they do :0)

rabbits are the best :0)

25 rabbits one dog 3 parrots 8 chickens

http://www.angelsbunnystud.com

Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Discussion Archived

Wolfpup
Joined Mar 2009
2 posts

hi there, no but its got more chance of getting caught if there locked, i have 5 chihuahua's and i have had 3 litters up to now, one of my female's only did it the once and she got caught, they were locked for about 45min, and she had 4 beautiful babies sadly one died a few days later, but the rest were all healthy, but it could only take one time for them to get caught, hope this has helped.. x

Tuesday, 17 March 2009
Edited Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Discussion Archived

Mali
Joined Mar 2009
730 posts

No, they do NOT need to tie to become pregnant. They can also become pregnant from what is called a slip mating, with no tie.

Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Discussion Archived

carol
Joined Aug 2005
94 posts

no they don't have to tie

Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Discussion Archived

cllmmllm
Joined Dec 2008
546 posts

hi,

thanks dee,nick,malliemad and carol.

this has kinda helped me lol whats happend is we mated our bitch after getting as much info as we could,it sed the best time to get her mated was between the 10th and 12th day and to get the stud and bitch to meet a few days before then to see how they got on.
so we met at our local field but the stud kept trying to get on her,so we went back to the studs house where he kepted trying and she was ready as she was standing for him,even when he wasnt taken any notice of her she would backing herself in front of him and if that didnt work she would hump his head this made him want her and he got her for quite a while but with no tie this was on the 2nd feb they then met again on the 4th and the 6th the same happend.
so then the stud came tous on the 7th and they tyed for 30-45 mins.
need to know as the pictures people have seen say she big for 5 weeks going by the date they tyed i on theres only 6 days between dates i just want to make sure im at home for her,i also understand every dog carrys differently.

Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Discussion Archived

cllmmllm
Joined Dec 2008
546 posts

picture taken yesterday

Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Discussion Archived

cllmmllm
Joined Dec 2008
546 posts

AND ANOTHER

Wednesday, 18 March 2009

Discussion Archived

carol
Joined Aug 2005
94 posts

Hi Climmilm only really know about my own breed (malamutes) but she does look quite big to me for 5 weeks, is this her first litter? maybe there's just hundreds of babies in there lol has she been scanned? You could always take her to the vets and he will be able to feel the pups and assess their development, not very helpful I know

There's a website The dog scene which has info on slip matings if that's any help infact just google dog breeding slip ties

Wednesday, 18 March 2009

Discussion Archived

cllmmllm
Joined Dec 2008
546 posts

HI CAROL,

SHEIS BIG BLESS HER!

YES THIS IS HER FRIST LITTER,NO SHE HASNT BEEN SCANNED.

IM GOING TO THE PETSSTORE TOMORROW AND THEY HAVE A VETS THERE SO GOING TO SEE IF THEY HAVEA LOOK AT HER.

GOING TO CHECK THAT WEBSITE NOW THANKS YOUVE BEEN VERY HELPFUL.

Wednesday, 18 March 2009

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

AVIARY PANEL

2 X BUDGIE BREEDING CAGES...

BEAUTIFUL MAINE COON X KITTENS

I NEED A FIVE STAR HOME PLEASE

BRITISH SHORTHAIR KITTENS

HORSEFIELD TORTOISE

BEAUTIFUL JACK RUSSELL PUPPIES

DISNEY SPOOKY BUDDIES DVD.

Place an ad here for free

» More pets ads...

Charlotte
Joined May 2008
1 posts

I have just seen your question about "do dogs have to tie?" I am a breeder of labradors and no they do not have to tie!!!!!!!!!!!! How many days into her heat circle is she? they are on heat up to 4 weeks and should not be taken for a walk. Dogs are more fertile on day 10, 11 and 12 but still could get pregnant on day 18

Wednesday, 18 March 2009

Discussion Archived

cllmmllm
Joined Dec 2008
546 posts

hi charlotte,

she was on her 7th day the first time we took her to stud then on the 9th day,11th day and the 12th day they locked.

Wednesday, 18 March 2009

Discussion Archived

dees babies
Joined Mar 2009
112 posts

hi all, i helped out in a mating about a year ago and the dogs only had 1 slip no tie but mum did have 2 pups, your dog does look big so i would guess a litter of 8-9 maybe just guessing hun good luck and keep us all posted xxx

Sunday, 22 March 2009

Discussion Archived

cllmmllm
Joined Dec 2008
546 posts

hi dees babies,

thanks for the message shes started to shed her fur around her teats and last nite we could see pups movin inside her!

Sunday, 22 March 2009

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 14 of 14.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.