Advertise here

Need Help with Ford KA Thermostat

Messages 1 to 4 of 4.

JCF83
Joined May 2009
2 posts

Can tell me how to change the thermostat on my ford ka?

I havre the part but dont know how to fix it

Wednesday, 17 June 2009

Discussion Archived

tommytwotanks
Joined Aug 2006
2276 posts

what year is it, and what engine have you got

tommy

Wednesday, 17 June 2009

Discussion Archived

JCF83
Joined May 2009
2 posts

2001 and it's a 1.3 - I've got the part and have been told it's quite easy to fit but haven't got a clue where to start. Thanks!

Thursday, 18 June 2009

Discussion Archived

tommytwotanks
Joined Aug 2006
2276 posts

hi, yes it a fairly simple job to do, i haven't done one for years on one of these engine's, i hope you can see the photo that Ive included, you need to remove the thermostat housing first (arrowed) held in place by 3 bolts, not sure what size 1/2" or 13MM maybe, once the bolts are removed give the housing a light tap with a block of wood or rubber mallet, but be careful, but you need to remove the rubber hoses/pipe's connected to it first, once removed, you will be able to turn it over to remove any of the old gasket from the housing and the engine where it bolts on, you should get a new gasket with the new thermostat, a clip may hold the thermostat in place, this can be removed easily, putting it back together is a reverse of the way you removed it, once done you may need to top up the anti-freeze a little, it should take you about 30 minutes to do the job, making sure that you tighten all the bolts/clips, recheck after a couple of days

i expect Ive missed something out, but I'm sure someone will come to the rescue, lol

tommy

Thursday, 18 June 2009
Edited Thursday, 18 June 2009

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 4 of 4.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.