Advertise here

2001 ROVER 45 1.4I WONT TURN OVER

Messages 1 to 3 of 3.

Smith
Joined Jan 2008
140 posts

Hi all, parked my car up in town earlier, and when I returned it wouldn't turn over, the battery is fine, the immobiliser isn't bleeping to say it's still on but it does seem like it, when I turn the key to start it does take power as the dash lights dim slightly, I have checked all the fuses for the ecu e.t.c, but I'm at a loss, it has done a similar thing a couple of times before, before when ive turned the key to start position it hasn't turned over straight away, and if I held it there for about 3 seconds it would all of a sudden start turning over, but this time nothings happening, I've even tried disconnecting the battery, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Tuesday, 25 August 2009

Discussion Archived

tommytwotanks
Joined Aug 2006
2276 posts

hi, check the battery and starter connections, have you tried bump starting it, if all the connections are fine and it will bump start, and the battery is ok, it sounds like the starter/solenoid

tommy

Friday, 28 August 2009

Discussion Archived

BrianM
Joined Nov 2006
1309 posts

Sounds like you have a broken plate in the battery or a duff starter.

Saturday, 5 September 2009

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 3 of 3.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.