Advertise here

Talbot Express

Messages 1 to 5 of 5.

Molldoll`
Joined Apr 2008
3 posts

I have a 1994 (M) Talbot Express Avalon which I bought a year ago in very good condition but the speedo has stopped working.
I had this checked at a designated Motorhome garage who have told me that the speedo and cable are ok but the gear box drive to the speedo cable is not working.
Having made enquiries at all possible sources I have been informed that the parts are no longer available as they are not obliged to make any parts after 10 years.
No garages are interested and dismiss us.
CAN ANYBODY HELP AS I AM DRIVING ILLEGALLY AND WOULD LIKE TO WARN OTHER TALBOT EXPRESS OWNERS??????

Saturday, 10 October 2009

Discussion Archived

awt
Joined Aug 2006
165 posts

Molldoll, Fit a GPS, I believe this to be acceptable for the mot/police, as there is no description as to a speedometer other than a method of showing the speed of a moving vehicle. (rev counter is a NO -NO).
Check it out with your mot garage.
AWT

Nil illegitimi carborundum. (Don't let the B.....d's grind you down)

Sunday, 11 October 2009

Discussion Archived

Molldoll`
Joined Apr 2008
3 posts

Thanks for reply think it may be my only option apart from finding a scrapped Talbot Express with necessary part

Tuesday, 13 October 2009

Discussion Archived

Mr B
Joined Sep 2008
365 posts

Hi Molldoll,
You could try Mike Chubbat No1gear in Chard 01460 67000 or the chap on the Talbor Spares thread.
Regards,
Chris

Tuesday, 13 October 2009

Discussion Archived

Molldoll`
Joined Apr 2008
3 posts

Hi Chris
Thanks for the info will give them both a try
Mollie

Saturday, 17 October 2009

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 5 of 5.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.