Advertise here

lamping. grr

Messages 1 to 20 of 117.

kitty
Joined Aug 2007
13546 posts

i went for a walk at about 2am last night and i passed sopme men in campflague with some lurcher / whippet type dogs.. at first thought nothing of it but when i came back down onto the beach and looked up at the orme, i could see a HUGE beam... and it was the same men again.. clearly after rabbits.. i thought this was illegal? theyre obviously doing it regulary because when i walk the dogs up there. i often come across rabbits that have been torn in half. often had the kids with e who gt really upset at the site.. i really hate it, the fact they can do it and get away with it. its sick, its cruel and its evil..

its scary too because i have a chihuahua and a chihuahua cross pomeranian. if i had been walking them last night those dogs wouldda torn mine to pieces simply because thats what theyve been trained to do.
i did actually have my 8week old pup with me but she was wrapped in a blanket and zipped in my jacket but what would have happened if she had jumped down for any reason

my sunshine doesnt come from the sun in the skies
it comes from the love in my dogs eyes x

life is just too short!!

Tuesday, 27 October 2009

Discussion Archived

PDFG
Joined May 2009
3868 posts

Kitty love do take care walking out on your own at that time, you don't know who you might meet, I agree with you about the disgusting sport of lamping, these men doing it could let there dogs do damage to or kill your lttle dogs.
Please take care.
P xx

Tuesday, 27 October 2009

Discussion Archived

kitty
Joined Aug 2007
13546 posts

oh no! i wasnt alone. was with a family friend.
i had mishka wrapped in my coat nice n hidden. we just got in the car and went.
worst bit was, i knew one of the lads, not a friend but a friend of a friend who i didnt think would do such a thing

life is just too short!!

Tuesday, 27 October 2009

Discussion Archived

candyfloss
Joined Sep 2008
2212 posts

can you not report them incognito style hun ?

Wednesday, 28 October 2009

Discussion Archived

kitty
Joined Aug 2007
13546 posts

i would report them and not give a damn if the whole world knew id done it if anyone would listen but everytime ive rang police or rspca ect in the past theyve not done nothing..
the police actually said to me that im wasting their time because they dont deal with animals. i was so fuming with them because it is ILLEGAL after all but the bobbies here dont do anything no matter what the crime.
i find the rspca quite useless too tbh. everytime ive called them theyve done nothing. i find they run more of a business than a charity ad would much rather give time to another charity.
of course id worry if i did report them then theyd deliberatly have theirr ogs kill my chihuahuas so that would be a reason to do it annonymusly.. but really is nowhere in my area that would give a damn, somethig was in our local newspaper about 7months back about lamping and the authorities refusing to do anything. caused a huge debate and clearly nothing was done.

life is just too short!!

Discussion Archived

DEE
Joined Oct 2009
344 posts

lamping rabbits with dogs is NOT illegal however they must have permission of the land owner if they are on land on the beach doesnt count which is why the police cant do anything kitty and the rspca have trouble proving who it is unless they can catch them at it which means setting up obs to get the proof they need and be able to catch them
lamping foxes IS illegal though although i doubt thats what they were doing

and i agreee you becareful out walking at that itme in the morning hun

19 rabbits 3 parrots and a dog

Discussion Archived

Bonnylee
Joined Jan 2007
1590 posts

Lamping is legal, as long as the people involved have permission from the landowner, AND obviously a gun licence if one is used, wild rabbits are classed as pests.

Discussion Archived

claire
Joined Jun 2005
2425 posts

what a horrible sight for your kids, rabbits torn to peices. i would be traumatised, never mind the kids. poor bunnys. yeah i agree, with others. dont walk there at night cos your little dogs will have no chance against lurchers.

Discussion Archived

SthWestLady
Joined Nov 2008
842 posts

You say its on the beach? Surely, unless its a private beach its under the jurisdiction of the local authority? Therefore they wouldn't be allowed to lamp? or to have guns on public property?

Discussion Archived

nunu85
Joined Jun 2008
680 posts

Lamping is not illegal, it is a way of controlling the ever growing population of wild rabbits, who like mentioned are classed as pests.

No they shouldnt be leaving torn rabbit all over the place (even if it was them lets not forget that foxes are known for making a pretty big mess) but if i were you i wouldnt get into the working your dog arguement (its just not worth it). And just because u happen to know this lad that you saw lamping, y does that make him all of a sudden a really bad person??

R.i.p My harley bean, mummy loves you lots, run free my baby 28.02.2010 xxxx

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

HARLEQUIN MISMARK GREAT DANE

TIMMY THE CALM AND SWEET...

MINI LOP BABY BOY..

WHITE PEDIGREE GIRL CHIHUAHUA

LOVELY RED EYED WHITE MINI...

1979 EUROPEAN CUP "DOUBLE...

EXCELLENT QUALITY KC REG...

SHOW TYPE COCKER SPANIEL

Place an ad here for free

» More pets ads...

Nobby
Joined Feb 2007
6213 posts

yeah not sure wot the rules would be about having guns in a public place like that? Do they actually use guns or just the dogs? I dunno, not been out lamping!
We had same problem with poaching deer, we found someone else shooting on our land and reported them - police werent the slightest bit interested. Apparently u can do wot u want nowadays..and they were shooting with RIFLES which are especially dangerous, even worse coz they were in a hurry to shoot it and leave before getting caught.

Love me..Love my animals! :-p

Discussion Archived

J-Muntus
Joined Jun 2007
252 posts

lots of people in this area lamp usually just with the dogs. i know its not illegal if they have the land owners permission. and a policeperson is not goin to bother going to find out if they have permission or not. onlky way they are going to investigate is if the landowner reports them

Discussion Archived

kitty
Joined Aug 2007
13546 posts

are you kidding me?
i dont jusge many people but yes i find getting pleasure from watching your dogs tear up another living animal is pretty damn sick and im sorry if it offends anyone but that is my opinion. if they wanna get a gun and shoot it to take home and eat then so be it. not something i could do but i wouldnt judge them fo it... makes it even worse when i cant even walk my dogs because theirs are trained to kill.
i remember a comment this lad made to me once he laughed at bindi and said that aint a dog, my lurcher would tear it in half. im so glad i never waked bindi with him now.

im not sure if the great orme is owned by anyone.. i would think it was owned by the government or something. its not on the beach, its on the mountain by the beach you see. i dont know what laws would be and no tabby they not using guns just the dogs. like i said i wouldnt be so angered if they had shot them coz its nice and quick.. i dont like it but i wouldnt judge them for it.. i find the chase n then being ripped to shreds incredibly evil. i remember when i was little and a friend got a new kitten. we were playing in the front yard with it ~(they never had a fencce round their yard it just led straight into the street. a man a couple of doors down came out (he took his dogs lamping) and said something to my friend and told her to take the cat in or hed let his dog have it. my friend told me to get her mum and their was loads of sqealing, and my friend screamed, we went out and the man was stood laughing after hed let his dog tear up her kitten right in front of her we were only about 8.

erm i dont see why the rabbits would be a nuisance up the orme. anyone whos been to llandudno would see their is nothing for them to make a nuisance of up there lol. i love driving up the orme. turning off the headlights and watching all the rabbits, foxes, horses, goats ect that roam around up there.

life is just too short!!

Discussion Archived

candyfloss
Joined Sep 2008
2212 posts

i would have thought it was owned by someone maybe ask in the shop that is there they might be able to advise you .
i agree with you if they want to do it then fine but it is so cruel to have the dogs just rip them up and then people have to come across these poor animals.
ive been to the great orm numerous times on the mini runs and its a beautiful place i enjoyed taking my children to but i certainley wouldnt take them if i thought they were open to witness things like that .

Discussion Archived

Nobby
Joined Feb 2007
6213 posts

I know people who do it on private land, have nothing against workng dogs (mine are!) BUT i dont think its right to be doing it in a public place and leaving debris - thats not very professional either, is it.

Discussion Archived

nunu85
Joined Jun 2008
680 posts

I wasnt condoning there behaviour at all i was asking her not to categorise all hunters as this is wat all people do

Discussion Archived

Nobby
Joined Feb 2007
6213 posts

ah right, well i am one with working dogs myself (although they are gundogs, not sighthounds/lurcher types) I think the experiences Kitty has had with bad people has formed her opinions (and fair enough, i wouldnt wana see a kitten ripped up in front of me, nor have my dogs threatened with death either..) U get good and bad with all of these practises be it shooting/lamping/hunting etc. Hopefully us good 'uns can help to sway people's opinions by doing it all properly and legally. :o)

Discussion Archived

candyfloss
Joined Sep 2008
2212 posts

same old story its the ones that do it like this spoli it fo the ones that do it correctley

Discussion Archived

nunu85
Joined Jun 2008
680 posts

Thats wat i mean i understand she has had a bad experience but it has annoyed me she has bad mouthed everyone, i have a lurcher and have a large group of friends and family who work there lurchers and it is nothing like this blood thursty disgrace she seems to think it is.

Discussion Archived

candyfloss
Joined Sep 2008
2212 posts

but thats because she has seen what bad lampers do first hand id have been exactley the same i think if id seen something like that

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 20 of 117.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.