Advertise here

ROVER 214 ALARM PROBLEM!!!!

Messages 1 to 18 of 18.

hbe
Joined Mar 2009
3 posts

Hi,can anyone help me? I just purchased this car and went to open the drivers door this morning and the alarm went off...could not get it to stop.After a while i took the battery out of the alarm fob replaced with a new one then pressed the unlock button and it disarmed the immobiliser,i thought i had sussed it as all day this worked. Next morning went out to car and the alarm/immobiliser would not turn off again so i took the battery out of the fob again,then put it back in,then pressed button and it worked again,seems to work all day then but by the next day it stops working until i take battery out of fob and put it back in again....PLEASE HELP ITS DRIVING ME MAD.I can use the key entry way which is in the handbook but there has to be a way thats easier or is there a way i can remove alarm and immobilser from car and just use the key.Not bothered if alarm/immobiliser doesnt work then.

Tuesday, 3 November 2009

Discussion Archived

stainless
Joined Oct 2007
442 posts

try unlocking with the key then locking with remote that might reset it
Sorry I forgot the reset procedure while writing oops

Tuesday, 3 November 2009

Discussion Archived

hbe
Joined Mar 2009
3 posts

Car is not central locking so i cant lock with the fob anyway,i have to use the key to lock/unlock,thanks.

Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Discussion Archived

stainless
Joined Oct 2007
442 posts

I`ll try again,if you have the eka code it will turn off permanently the alarm immobiliser, Dont use the remote and it will stay off,

use the remote and it resets the alarm and back to square one....

Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Discussion Archived

hbe
Joined Mar 2009
3 posts

Thanks for your help but i did the EKA code with the keys and the light stopped flashing so i got in the car without the alarm going off(thank god)put my keys in the ignition and the immobiliser came on so was unable to start car,strange as this sequence should overide alarm/immobiliser.(did not touch my key fob througout all this.

Thursday, 5 November 2009

Discussion Archived

BrianM
Joined Nov 2006
1309 posts

if you change the fob battery then you need to re-sync it to the immobilliser in the car. The instructions to do this are in the car manual. Only the lowest model range didn't have central locking. I would be surprised that they would supply a fob for the immobilliser only. Most likely the central locking is faulty.
You can get a device that removes the immobilliser. Have a search through the list. You could of course buy a ecu/ keyfob set from a breakes yard for around £50. If the eka code is correct then you should be able to start the car.

Tuesday, 10 November 2009

Discussion Archived

THE-STIGG
Joined Sep 2009
61 posts

Simple use the code to disable alarm immobilizer .
I had the same problem then I disconnected all the wires in door panels etc. also the interior sensors .I had no further problems.
Saved a fortune on recoding ,it sounds drastic but worked.
I now have no alarm or immobilizer so must open and lock car the old way but who cares. The only fly in the ointment comes when you replace the battery I think you would need to reconnect everything then disable alarm again.Anyway ive done all this and my car has no more problems.

Wednesday, 11 November 2009

Discussion Archived

stainless
Joined Oct 2007
442 posts

Any one tried this possible method,I saw it years ago but never used it/tried it because of risk to ecu ie could blow it.

looking at connecter,top third wire from right, cut and join to wire below it
apparently this permanently disables both al/imm

this was also posted on the net then removed due to possible theft issues I cant see that being an issue now??

Wednesday, 11 November 2009

Discussion Archived

THE-STIGG
Joined Sep 2009
61 posts

Yes ive heard of this method.
Although never tried it.
Its worth a shot if you mess up get another ecu from breakers

Thursday, 12 November 2009

Discussion Archived

khan
Joined Dec 2009
1 posts

did you get this sorted as i have the same problem on my rover 216 sli l reg auto

07814 327 336 especially if you have a cheap solution

Thursday, 31 December 2009

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER 3.6...

ROVER 75 2.0 CDT...

LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER...

ROVER 75 ESTATE DIESEL...

LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER...

LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER 3.0...

ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR

ROVER 200 211 IE 5DR TAXED...

Place an ad here for free

» More rover ads...

monron
Joined Nov 2009
6 posts

Hi! I unlocked the drivers door on my L reg Rover 214 the alarm sounded and it will not start. I don't have central locking and there is no fob on my key.
I have disconected the negative lead to the battery and have now got a car that wont move. Can anyone please help? Ron.

Saturday, 9 January 2010

Discussion Archived

stainless
Joined Oct 2007
442 posts

if you have it use the eka code,the alarm is switched on/off by your key

Saturday, 9 January 2010

Discussion Archived

BrianM
Joined Nov 2006
1309 posts

You still have an alarm & immobilliser. Check the switch fitted to the door lock. Do you have a lock on the passenger side you can try.
The eka code should be in the owners manual pack if you have it. It is on a small card tucked in to a clear plastic sleeve. You dial it into the drivers door lock. If the lock switch is faulty of course this will not work!

Monday, 11 January 2010

Discussion Archived

Rab
Joined Jan 2010
1 posts

After taking the battery out my car and recharging and putting back in the key fob wont work on car the alarm sounds and immobiliser wont go off dont have the eka code this all happened in freezing weather would this have anything todo with the problem ? Does anyone know where the sensor is located on the car for the fob? much help appreciated.

Monday, 11 January 2010

Discussion Archived

BrianM
Joined Nov 2006
1309 posts

Hi Rab,
if your keyfob worked before then it needs to re-synch to the car.
lock the car with the key.
press the unlock as many times as needed until it unlocks the car.
If the fob battery is weak the it may help to stand with the fob by the drivers window.

Monday, 11 January 2010

Discussion Archived

monron
Joined Nov 2009
6 posts

HI, I have resolved the problem on mine, it was also in freezing weather.
Make sure all the doors are locked, I pushed them down manually, Then close the drivers door, put the key in the lock and turn the key ( lock, open, lock, open.) then try to start. Mine did!!!!! Ron.

Tuesday, 12 January 2010

Discussion Archived

English
Joined Apr 2008
35 posts

Dear Rover 214 Alarm Problem. Ok think dont panic you have do it in steps.
Depends what Rover you have got theirs the new shape or when just change Letters N you may have the classic shape wher knock mirrors of
have go down junk yard its real nightmare. Letter M old classic you have tell me what model you got then I can help you.

Wednesday, 13 January 2010

Discussion Archived

THE-STIGG
Joined Sep 2009
61 posts

Try taking the battery out of the Fob.
press unlock 5 times. I have heard this clears up the fob.
Then replace the battery.
then press 5 times again.
I heard someone did this and it worked for them.
worth a try

Friday, 15 January 2010

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 18 of 18.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.