Advertise here

xsara wiring diagram

Messages 1 to 14 of 14.

cjk
Joined Oct 2004
435 posts

can anyone tell me where I can get a wiring diagram for a 51 xsara,I don't care what model it is I just want to see how the heater is wired up,halfords do not seem to have a haynes for that year,the problem is this model after about w reg have some electronics on the fan it's self,I have changed the fan to one I know works but it is not that simple as there is power to the fan but it wont switch on because of the electronics built into it,on the controle panel is two buttons on for the air con and one for circulation these do not light up on my car but do on the car I took to fan from,even without the fan in the car, these light up with the ign on,all the fuses are ok but it would help if I knew for sure whick fuse I was looking at,any help wecome.

Monday, 28 December 2009

Discussion Archived

Julian
Joined Feb 2005
2642 posts

Hi Have you checked the fan speed resistor ??

Tuesday, 29 December 2009

Discussion Archived

edspin
Joined Dec 2009
88 posts

quite common that when blower stops working rear demister stops lighting up as well iff this is the case fault is with ignition switch at back of lock an electrician will bypass for small fee iff it does light then id still suggest auto elec especialy iff air con model

Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Discussion Archived

cjk
Joined Oct 2004
435 posts

thanks for your reply,the heated rear window switch does light up I have just been out and checked and I can hear the relay come in,makes me wonder if there might be a relay for the other two lights,that is why a wiring diagram would be usefull,but thanks for your reply it has taken me a little closer to the answer,thanks.

Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Discussion Archived

edspin
Joined Dec 2009
88 posts

your fault is deffo ignition switch its so common it should be a recall youve two choices replace ignition lock n wiring or just take cowlings offlocate the wires coming from ignition block one wire should be permanant feed one live when starter cranked and the other two become live when ignition is on iffonly one live then what i do is bridge the live wire when ignition on to the one you havent got feed at (use a small bit of wire to test iff your aprehensive )there are no earth wires off ignition plug so worst youll do is not be able to turn engine off lol any garage would do this for £30 better than constantly wiping screen iff youre not confident to try i must have done at least 50 like yours and the bridge caused no long term problems GOOD LUCK

Thursday, 31 December 2009

Discussion Archived

edspin
Joined Dec 2009
88 posts

PS THE FAN ONLY WORKS ON AIR CON MODELS WHEN ENGINE RUNNING

Discussion Archived

edspin
Joined Dec 2009
88 posts

PS FAN ONLY WORKS WHEN ENGINE RUNNING

Discussion Archived

cjk
Joined Oct 2004
435 posts

thanks a million for that,I will do it in the morning,I have phoned two main agents now a niether have a clue except about taking money,thanks again I will let you know how I get on.

Discussion Archived

cjk
Joined Oct 2004
435 posts

I have found the 4 wires they go from the ign switch in pairs one is permenantly live and is paired with starter motor wire,the other two go to the fuse box inside the car,and sadly these are both live when the igntion is on,but I did take the live from the permenantly live wire and connect to them both,,,but I am sure I am in the right direction here.I checked on another car and found that if I put the side lights on I did not get any lights on the heater controle panel until the ignition was on,then they would light up,but nothing works on my car,not even the panel lights on the heater panel,,,I am thinking maybe a relay as something is stoping the panel lights from working until the ign is on ,,,but which one.I am now frighten to fidle too much with the relays as I sure something else will go wrong if I do,,begining to hate this car.

Saturday, 2 January 2010

Discussion Archived

edspin
Joined Dec 2009
88 posts

hi again last things id suggest would be that i have seen one where ignition wire plugs in on loom was bad connection best advice id give would be to check yellow pages for a local mobile electrician teell him youve replaced motor and see what he suggest most mobile sparks charge £50 for diagnosis and in your case thatd most likely include repair main dealers are expensive and contrary to popular beleif most independant mechanics/sparks arent out to rip you off get a price for call out b4 they come the aircon model wiring is quite weird but because youve lost rear demister it will be a feed problem and not likely to be anything expensive most likely repair ratherr than component replacement good luck !!!

Saturday, 2 January 2010

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

CITROEN BERLINGO

£1050 BARGAIN FAMILY CAR

99 T CITROEN C15 ROMAHOME...

CITROEN XSARA 5 DOOR HATCHBACK

CITROEN C2 1.6 GT RED 3...

CITREON BERLINGO...

2011 CITROEN C4 GRAND PICASSO

2010 CITROEN C3

Place an ad here for free

» More citroen ads...

ian
Joined Sep 2006
930 posts

just buy a new blower motor and save yourself some work. this is the most common thing to go down on a mk2 xsara. as long as the heated screen is working it wont be the ignition switch. i fit around 6 a month to these cars and have never come across one with a wiring fault other than ignition. there around £80 +vat from dealer. the resistor is built into the motor and the wiring is a bit of a pain to understand. we always have around half a dozen in stock as this is such a common fault.

Tuesday, 5 January 2010

Discussion Archived

cjk
Joined Oct 2004
435 posts

thanks very much for your input,lucky for me I have a petrol version to work with,so i took the motor from that and put it in the diesel one and the diesel one in the petrol,so it's not the blower motor,the heated rear window does work,there is a row of fuses at the side of the fuse box the first one starting from the top seems to be the one that does the fan,,,,on the petrol one if I pull it out it will stop the light coming on on the air con switch and the panel lights on the hearter control panel [the ign has to be on for them to work],and the panel above that tells you if a door is open,,,on the the diesel if you take this fuse out it only stops the panel that tells you the door is open from working,as nothing else works anyway,,,,,,that is why I was wondering if it might be a relay,,,,I have unpluged the control panel and there is no power there ,,,thanks for your input.but I cant imagine why it should be a wiring fault as every thing looks ok,thanks

Tuesday, 5 January 2010

Discussion Archived

ian
Joined Sep 2006
930 posts

look at the cabin fuse box and you should see a heavy black wire with a 1 way black conector going into it. this is the wire that goes down if the ignition is at fault and the wire that powers the blowers. make sure its live when the ignition is on. if its not bridge it across to one of the heavy wires that run along side it and see if the fans work.

Wednesday, 6 January 2010
Edited Wednesday, 6 January 2010

Discussion Archived

dave.e
Joined Jan 2010
56 posts

Xantia has the same inherant fault (but onlt with the models with air con)

Thursday, 14 January 2010

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 14 of 14.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.