Advertise here

vauxhall zafira 1.6 keeps cutting out

andrew
Joined May 2008
45 posts

can anyone help me?my zafira 1.6 petrol keeps cutting out while im driving along,all the lights come on the dashboard and then the engine cuts out.it will do it on hte motorway or at a junction ive taken it to my local garage and they couldn`t find anything wrong with it.could it need a service as this is due soon or may it be somthing else.

thanks andrew

Friday, 5 February 2010

Discussion Archived

Top Guy
Joined Sep 2008
1240 posts

Sounds like the immobiliser is cutting in for the engine to cut out just like that on the motorway or an ecu fault. Junction fair enough but i guess you mean whilst driving along the motorway doin 70 or do you mean when stuck in traffic

Wont be down to it needing a service

Nige

Friday, 5 February 2010

Discussion Archived

andrew
Joined May 2008
45 posts

thanks,whats making the immobiliser kick in and will it be easy to fix,it happened while i was doing 70 mph on the moterway,the car started juddering and then cut out,bump started it and it was fine.so a service will make no difference?

thanks andrew

Friday, 5 February 2010

Discussion Archived

andrew
Joined May 2008
45 posts

could it be the egr valve?whats this valve for and should i take it to a garage and get the immobilser checked out

Friday, 5 February 2010

Discussion Archived

Top Guy
Joined Sep 2008
1240 posts

Just found this site, you no way not alone. Knew that zafira's were trouble, but this is scary.

Looked through most of the problems have been egr valve or the htrottle body but also a lot have been many other problems.

I would say get fixed and get rid of as its gonna just mean you keep throwing money at it.

Nige

Saturday, 6 February 2010

Discussion Archived

Ron
Joined Mar 2010
1 posts

Have had my Zafira for about two years and have had to have the AA out three times due to cutting -out problems. The EGR valve was the problem on all occasions, including today, although valve was replaced 18 months ago. It's been suggested that this valve is not essential and that by having it blanked off it may cure the problem. Going to have it done tomorrow.
Hope this helps.

Tuesday, 9 March 2010

Discussion Archived

bas saph
Joined Dec 2007
3039 posts

yes a lot of people do that, blanking it off

Always learning

Tuesday, 9 March 2010

Discussion Archived

morty
Joined Mar 2010
3 posts

have an 02 astra that done the same, the ring seals were gone, she was burning an endles amount of oil... changed them and then it started stalling, took out the egr valve and cleaned it the best i could.... problem solved it was caked in burnt oil. not a spot of trouble since

Saturday, 13 March 2010

Discussion Archived

mr_rs2000
Joined May 2010
top guy is right with this one i have a zafira y plate that's never out the garage once you get one fault in this car you get loads more my wife drove ours through a small puddle and because of where the air in take is it sucked in water and air locked the engine..so we had to get an new one and had to get anew ECU then couple of weeks after that we had the same problems you had with cutting out... turns out this is a serious fault with the zafira especially the club.. i would just fix it and sell get your money back... im over 1500 out of pocket that's not counting the price i paid for it and Ive only had the car a year and a half..

ONE MANS THROUGH AWAY IS ANOTHER MANS TREASURE...

Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Discussion Archived

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.