Advertise here

Tyre Pressures

Messages 1 to 4 of 4.

Absorbalov
Joined Jan 2010
195 posts

Does anybody know the recommended tyre pressures for a Talbot Express Swift Capi 500/4? The manual im assuming gives the tyre pressures for the van, but not the campervan. Maybe someone has the original swift owners manual (if there ever was one)

Ta
Rob

Wednesday, 3 March 2010

Discussion Archived

SteveJ
Joined Jan 2008
433 posts

Hello again. The question of Tyre pressures comes up regularly and there is no simple answer other than using base vehicle recommendations for a fully loaded van ( in my case 55-60 Rear and 50-55 front depending on my actual loading ).

For a detailed answer there is an excellent on-line resourse here: http://www.etyres.co.uk/motorhome-tyres.html

See towards the bottom where it gives pressures relative to tyre size, load rating and axle load. Getting the van weighed at your local weighstation should cost less than £5 (maybe even free) but you need to be fully loaded for holiday (inc people) and get the axles weighed individually. A hassle, but much less so than getting fined for dangerous overloading (and having to unload your excess baggage at the roadside before being able to proceed :)

Best wishes, Steve

Wednesday, 3 March 2010

Discussion Archived

Absorbalov
Joined Jan 2010
195 posts

Thanks again Steve, invaluable advice as ever.

Rob

Thursday, 4 March 2010

Discussion Archived

tourer35
Joined Sep 2007
43 posts

Hi Steve, has you say the standard tyre pressure on most vans is straight forward, has most vans are now powered steering, and the biggest bug bear I had with my old Talbot, which has you know has no powered steering, at slow speed it took a fair bit of pulling round, espcially on sharp corners, so on the new set of tyres I put the front pressures up to about 58, and what a difference it's made on the steering, and it doesn't seem to make any difference to the road holding.
great subject. tourer35

Friday, 5 March 2010

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 4 of 4.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.