Advertise here

my dog is 63 days pregnant but no sign what can i do

Messages 1 to 6 of 6.

crusty1
Joined Mar 2010
1 posts

hi people this is my first time posting on here, i was wondering if anybody else as been in my situation, my dog was mated on 11 janruary 2010, her due date is today 15th march 2010 but there is still no sign, shes not even nesting, i take her to the vets on a regular basis but now im a little concerned as she is only a small breed of yorkie. if anyone can give advise on this matter i would be very greatful and before you ask i did breed her responable and did have her vet cheacked before doing so i also have done research on breeding, but most things that ive read explained that its very rare dogs go over there due date if anything smaller breeds go in early labour

Monday, 15 March 2010

Discussion Archived

countrylover
Joined Sep 2009
541 posts

First of all dont panic.If she is showing no signs of distress then there is nothing to worry about yet.The books you read are there to guide you,they are not gospel.At the end of the day all animals are individual and some will go over the due date some wont.Are you certain that it is 63 days today as they dont always concieve the day they were mated so you could have a few more days yet!My advice would be..if your worried contact your vet,but to be honest if she is acting normal,has no green discharge then i wouldn't stress yourself just yet,leave that till she is actually whelping .

Monday, 15 March 2010

Discussion Archived

Diane
Joined Mar 2008
3019 posts

mt friends pug was due last week she sat waiting for 2 days then took her to vets it seems she'd either absorbed the pups or was having a phantom pregnancy so no pups good luck though

Monday, 15 March 2010

Discussion Archived

hayley
Joined Mar 2009
8832 posts

Hello and welcome,i would not panick as yet she may go later on today if she has not given birth by tuesday take her to your vet and see what he say's hun,My chihuahua went 3 day's over and ended up having a c-sec 8 month's ago but the vet said it was because she had a dead puppy decaying blocking the way for the other's to pass,The chihuahua is prone to c-sec's also.Try not to panick if she is not pushing and in distress and is still acting normal then it seem's all is ok,It is not uncommon for a bitch to go 3 day's before and 3 day's after,Good Luck keep us posted.

Coming together is a beggining.Keeping together is a progress.Working together is a success.Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

Monday, 15 March 2010

Discussion Archived

Mary
Joined May 2007
7114 posts

Hi Crusty, dont panic. I bred cats for 24 years and their gestatiion is the same as dogs,63/65 days, I dont think I had 1 that produced on time. One gave birth on the 70th day, I was on the phone to the vet. every day after 67 days. I remember it ws Sat morning and I thought I'm not going to wait any longer or its going to mean a 'call out 'on Sunday, (very expensive) so I phoned to say I was bringing her in, went to get her and there was a kitten, she must have heard me,lol
So, unless your girl is in obvious distress, or there is a nasty green discharge, I would say she is OK.
I know its an anxious time for you, but unfortunately dogs cant read and the books are only meant to be just a guide. Dont worry

Monday, 15 March 2010

Discussion Archived

d.k.b
Joined Jul 2009
5604 posts

Hi Crusty, they can go upto 5 days either way but if more than a couple of days just get your vet to check her over. Has her milk started to come in yet, if so it shouldn't be too far away. Hope everything goes okay.

Monday, 15 March 2010

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 6 of 6.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.