Advertise here

Slip mating??

Messages 1 to 20 of 75.

H-M K
Joined Sep 2009
165 posts

Yo!!....I thought that two dogs needed to tie in order for the bitch to be pregnant...is this true?? I know that it is important that the bitch has stopped bleeding, and a few days after she should be ready to take the dog. I also know that she should stand and lift her tail when ready. How likely is it that the bitch will become pregnant without a tie?? What if it is only what i have heard called a "slip" mating?...is there much chance of a pregnancy?? H-M K

My dog is my best friend...

Thursday, 17 June 2010

Discussion Archived

louise
Joined Sep 2009
3207 posts

Yes they can get pregnant without a tie.
Westies are well known for not needing a 'tie'

Also bitch's don't always stop bleeding at their most receptive time, mine bled form day one to the end of her season. Annoying, and it does happen. My girl normally has a month long season

Thursday, 17 June 2010

Discussion Archived

PDFG
Joined May 2009
3868 posts

I know of a litter of 7 from a slip meeting, a tie is preferable of course but slips can work.

Thursday, 17 June 2010

Discussion Archived

ecookie
Joined Apr 2010
2324 posts

louise is right they can get in whelp with out tieing, a friend of mine had a lab stud dog and he never tied with a bitch but everyone had puppies.

Thursday, 17 June 2010

Discussion Archived

H-M K
Joined Sep 2009
165 posts

you see someone charged me 350 for a mating and the dogs did not tie...she seemed a nice lady who knew what she was doing and says i can have another ..try..in a few days. I am just wondering if i was right to pay her upfront even though they did not tie....and actually i only have her word that they even slip mated as she wanted me to leave the dogs for a bit...this was her usual practice..as she said it helped the bitch relax. Probably she was telling the truth..but she wanted initial payment and now i am worried i have parted with my cash too readily..H-M K

Thursday, 17 June 2010

Discussion Archived

louise
Joined Sep 2009
3207 posts

I would never part with any money unless I had been there for the tie and had witnessed it. And that there was a definate tie.

What Im wondering is, why would she want you to leave. Owners have all the options wiht us, they can stay, wait inside the house, outside the house, upstairs, leave her with us for the day or overnight or for a few days etc.
Or they can stay with her the whole time. In my experience, bitches have wanted owner to stay there.
So I wonder why she asked you to leave?!?! Doesn't sound right to me

Thursday, 17 June 2010

Discussion Archived

animal lover
Joined Jul 2008
2 posts

Hi,
if you don't want any puppies the best thing I can advise is go to your vet after her season is about to finish, your vet can then give her an injection to stop her from becoming pregnant, but you need to do that just before if not just after incase she catches after the injections!

Hope this is of some use!

Dave

Thursday, 17 June 2010

Discussion Archived

H-M K
Joined Sep 2009
165 posts

*** doesnt sound right to me either!!...oh i am so flippin stupid!! seemed a good idea at the time..she wanted payment before action...and i just assumed it would happen..as nature intended ..i think all i can do is go back for a second try..but she wants me to leave her again...and hope for the best..flippin blummin heck!!..i must have mug written all over my face this week...

Thursday, 17 June 2010

Discussion Archived

yvonne
Joined Oct 2009
1010 posts

Yes a bitch can get pregnant with a slip mating. I cant understand why she didnt want you there though. It is usual for the stud fee to be paid on the first mating. I hope you get a return mating if your girl is not in pup. I have had people leave me their girls for various reasons. One lady left her girl and had a weeks holiday while she was with me, I have a lady coming tomorrow that is leaving her girl , the reason being that she cannot arrange transport when her girl is due to be mated again so rather than miss the chance she is leaving her. I also think some owners feel more comfortable not seeing their bitches mated.

Thursday, 17 June 2010

Discussion Archived

ecookie
Joined Apr 2010
2324 posts

hmk when some one brings a bitch to me for mating i always try the bitch with the owners there, if they mate then i take payment and arrange for the bitch to come back a couple of days later.
but i have also had bitches that will not mate with there owners there, but will when they have gone. what i tell a owner to do is drive down the street and wait, as soon as they have tied i send my oh to get them so they can see they have mated, e

Thursday, 17 June 2010

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

BEAUTIFUL KITTENS

CB14 BERMESE PYTHON

STUNNING SNOW MARBLE MALE...

CAVAPOO PUPPIES

BEAUTIFUL GINGER KITTEN,...

ALBINO HIGH CONTRAST BALL...

PURE CONTINENTAL RABBITS

LIBERTA BIRD CAGE AND STAND

Place an ad here for free

» More pets ads...

H-M K
Joined Sep 2009
165 posts

yes..i should get a second mating next season if it doesnt happen..but thanks for that info..

Thursday, 17 June 2010

Discussion Archived

H-M K
Joined Sep 2009
165 posts

to be honest..i waited a bit and nothing happened ..they just played..so she sugessted i went off for a couple of hours...she did not want to keep my girl over night so said i should leave her for the day on saturday...i suppose to give them more time together...i am just worried that as they did not tie ..perhaps i should not have paid..but some people on here say a slip mating can work..which the lady said happeneed..i just did not see it...my suspicious mind!! lol..

Thursday, 17 June 2010

Discussion Archived

yvonne
Joined Oct 2009
1010 posts

I knew a breeder that took a photo of the mating to show the owner, not something I would do . Not all dogs will mate with people around, my stud dog is bloody useless if people are about, just stands looking as if to say well can I. Make sure you get a receipt and a letter stating that you get a return if bitch not in pup. I have never had a bitch not get pregnant, I even offer a return mating if the bitch only has 2 pups or less, has never happened yet but there is always a 1st time.

Thursday, 17 June 2010

Discussion Archived

H-M K
Joined Sep 2009
165 posts

that is a good idea..i will ask for a reciept..i guess she did not have reason to lie to me..i was just not convinced..

Thursday, 17 June 2010

Discussion Archived

yvonne
Joined Oct 2009
1010 posts

What dog do you have, may be I am not asking enough stud fee !!!!

Thursday, 17 June 2010

Discussion Archived

ecookie
Joined Apr 2010
2324 posts

is the dog you used a proven dog? has your girl had pups before. what breed are they?

Thursday, 17 June 2010

Discussion Archived

emma :)
Joined Nov 2008
2479 posts

hi, yes dogs can get pregnant without a tie.....HOWEVER...you only pay a breeder when there was a tie....no money should change hands without a tie...

i actually know someone who did the same thing.....3 matings all without ties paid the money, no pups, took the bitch back on her next season for a free mating and still no pups....

Thursday, 17 June 2010

Discussion Archived

H-M K
Joined Sep 2009
165 posts

Dalmation..it was 350 to have the dads papers and 250 without. I have looked after the girl for a few months for my best friend..and bought her now so she is living with me..she is lovely..as she is in season and just over two years old , i decided to mate her..but things did not really go to plan. i really hope she does get pregnant as i would love to nurse her and have dalmation puppies..

Thursday, 17 June 2010

Discussion Archived

H-M K
Joined Sep 2009
165 posts

dog is kc proved dalmation..mine is kc maiden bitch. Dog is 7 , lovely natured and very hansom.

Thursday, 17 June 2010

Discussion Archived

louise
Joined Sep 2009
3207 posts

I thought you'd recently bought a Dalmatian pup? A pup and an older one? And you other is having pups soon/had pups recently. You do like to keep yourself busy

Thursday, 17 June 2010

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 20 of 75.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.