Advertise here

shar-pei , pregnan?t

Showing results 1 to 20 of 69.

millie
Joined May 2009
29 posts

hi all , my shar-peis mated a couple weeks ago , and wondered if any of u have info on how to tell shes pregnant , and also any other info would be great on general well being through-out pregnancy , many thanks clair

Friday, 1 October 2010

Discussion Archived

yoyo
Joined May 2010
2075 posts

hey clair,

welcome here... not sure on the shar pei...bt someone on here will defo be able to help!!x

Friday, 1 October 2010

Discussion Archived

millie
Joined May 2009
29 posts

thanks , thought id join on here to get as much info as i can , i have 2 shar-peis , star and harley , there amazing !! first time at breeding though so a little scared !! :) , r u a breeding puppys , love animals , clair

Friday, 1 October 2010

Discussion Archived

Shanaz
Joined Feb 2008
121 posts

Hi Clair,
Don’t know much about shar pei breeds but dog pregnancy the most obvious signs are enlarge vulva still but not as enlarged as when she was in heat, sometimes go off their food wee more the usual, can become either more clingy towards you or maybe more distant,under rib cage becomes more swollen & from about 5 weeks nipples become more prominent. How far gone is she?

Saturday, 2 October 2010

Discussion Archived

millie
Joined May 2009
29 posts

hi there , shes around 2 and a half weeks , she has been sick a couple times , her nipples seem fuller already and yes her rib cage does look bigger , was told that sometimes they can have false pregnancys , rung the vets and they can scan her at 35 days , i;m just anxious and would love to no if were gonna be having some wrinkly babies !!:) , i feed her three times a day usually but ive had to lessen the ammount due to her being sick, the only dog food she will eat is pedigree chum better by nature (dry) would u suggest anything else? if she is pregnant i would love to give her the right ammount of nutrients , also can u worm ur pregnant dog? she is due but not given it her yet just incase its harmfull, thanks

Saturday, 2 October 2010

Discussion Archived

Shanaz
Joined Feb 2008
121 posts

Try her on some cooked chicken with soggy cooked rice or mincemeat,you should of really wormed up at the time of mating that way she would not have needed to be wormed again until after pups were born there is a medicine which i found really good called panacur 10% worming liquid that you use from day 40 & then up until pups are 2 days old so in all total of 25 days,also purchase any dog bits online as i use http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/ which i found works out alot cheaper then the vets prices.
so is she the dog on the picture? is the dad dog yours aswell or did you use a stud dog?
damn she feeding 3 times a day by the time the pups are on there way she will be eating you out of house and home lol

Saturday, 2 October 2010

Discussion Archived

kazuya-shar-pei
Joined Mar 2009
84 posts

hi millie, am a fellow shar pei owner too, as said before check the vulva is still swollen and the nipple enlargement, been sick is also another sign, just like we get morning sickness, its an exciting time, if she is preganant you will have to put the pup scan on here for us all to see ") ok not all but me hehe, i tried to mate my dogs but tammy was having none of it, they would of been due some time in the next week if it had happened, she was more intrested in humping him than the other way round lol

Saturday, 2 October 2010

Discussion Archived

Diane
Joined Mar 2008
3019 posts

my shar pei Martha wouldnt breed either nor my mates girl they say there a hard breed to mate i give up with my girl after the 3rd time she screamed like she was being violated she is agressive to all males that go near her in season but will hump my other bitches and let them hump her when there in season reckon shes a dyke dog bless

Saturday, 2 October 2010

Discussion Archived

millie
Joined May 2009
29 posts

hi all thanks so much for ur replys , i will def have a look on that website for supplys thanks so much for that , and will start her with cooked chicken and rice replacing 1 of her meals , well shes either pregnant or fat , but frm wat uve all been saying i think she def is , harley is our male shar-pei , i bought him last year , i wanted to breed next year , so while star was on heat thi time i kept them apart , but accidents happen and the kids let harley out !! by the time id got downstairs they were stuck back to back in the garden for around 20 mins , the pics ive put on is star , i will def add scan pics and keep u all updated , im really excited , but i no that i'll be anxious when it all happens ,

Saturday, 2 October 2010

Discussion Archived

millie
Joined May 2009
29 posts

oh by the way the last pic i uploaded is harley our choc male , he was around a couple mths old there , hes adorable not like a shar-pei i've ever met before , hes very very very licky !! lol he gets on well with all other dogs , his temprement is absolutley brilliant , same as star really but star doesnt do licking and shes not dappy!! lol :)

Saturday, 2 October 2010

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

Place an ad here for free

» More pets ads...

kazuya-shar-pei
Joined Mar 2009
84 posts

hehe its fun you should say your male is licky, so is marley he does my nut in some times he licks my boyfriend the most tho so thats ok lol

Saturday, 2 October 2010

Discussion Archived

millie
Joined May 2009
29 posts

lol, its quite funny really but harley doesnt stop lol , i was reading on a website that it can take up to the age of 3 for a shar-pei to want to mate with a male , as apparantley they no when the time is right , proves they r very intelligent , how old is tammy ?

Saturday, 2 October 2010

Discussion Archived

kazuya-shar-pei
Joined Mar 2009
84 posts

tammy will be 3 in december and marleys 2 i would love to have some pups from them so i can show them, am hopefully getting a new one at the end of the month ") but shhhhhhh you cannot tell my bf hehe

Saturday, 2 October 2010

Discussion Archived

Shanaz
Joined Feb 2008
121 posts

what colour is the female? & did they mate just the once?

Saturday, 2 October 2010

Discussion Archived

millie
Joined May 2009
29 posts

, star is black , and no after they mated the first time , it happened 3 x more , should have been more carefull really and kept harley in a pen , but 2 of those incidents couldnt be helped , how do u explain to a 5 yr old with autisum not to let him outside when stars out:) ,

Saturday, 2 October 2010

Discussion Archived

Shanaz
Joined Feb 2008
121 posts

sounds like she def pregnant then if she nearly 3 weeks pups should be due around the second week in Nov,so will you keep one of the litter?
when she gets a little bigger your have to upload a picture so i can see her big belly,i would also love to see some pictures of the pups wonder how many she will have as i dont know whether shar-pei have large litters or not,bet she'll get some choc pups in the litter as i love any choc breed of dogs.

Sunday, 3 October 2010

Discussion Archived

kazuya-shar-pei
Joined Mar 2009
84 posts

both of my dogs came from small litters of 4, but my friend who also has shar peis had a litter of 12 so it just depends really, she was huge, how old are your peis millie? you defo have to put a pic up in a few weeks of her pot belly ")

Sunday, 3 October 2010

Discussion Archived

millie
Joined May 2009
29 posts

hi all, star is pregnant !!! shes off for a scan in the morning , but been feeling the babys moving for around a week now, and u can really c them moving now too, will update u all tomoro , thanks for all the advice , im just now woryying for star and hoping that she is going to cope ok with being a first time mummy :) xx

Tuesday, 2 November 2010

Discussion Archived

millie
Joined May 2009
29 posts

also do any of u no how i go about getting pedigree certificates? star is pedigree , but not kc reg, harley ( the daddy) is kc reg and pedigree , but dont no how to go about getting papers ,

Tuesday, 2 November 2010

Discussion Archived

Sarah with the shetlands
Joined Dec 2009
2393 posts

Congratulations :) I don't know much about breeding or shar-pei's but just wanted to say Good Luck :) xxx

'If there is one thing that annoys me more than a know it all, is a know it all that knows nothing'

http://animalhouse.createaforum.com/

Tuesday, 2 November 2010

Discussion Archived

Showing results 1 to 20 of 69.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.