Advertise here

My hubbys oil leak on pajero

laurie
Joined Oct 2008
198 posts

I have a pajero 2.5 TDI 1992 i have a bad oil leak that i thought was comminf from the oil pressure switch but after changing it the leak is still there its a constant erun when the engine is on but just cant see where its comming from ? has anyopne else hads this problem or can anyone give me any advice on this thanks

A dog is like an eternal Peter Pan, a child who never grows old and who therefore is always available to love and be loved.

Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Discussion Archived

knackernuts
Joined Dec 2008
18 posts

whereabouts on the engine does it seem to be coming from?
there are a few common places for a pajero to leak from, most are easy fixes.
nick

Wednesday, 6 October 2010

Discussion Archived

kev
Joined May 2009
43 posts

Well can't believe I've made my hubby go scrubbing our drive today due to our pajero leaking oil too!! I have nagged him so much he actually tried to find leak today, he thinks it is coming from what looks like a square hole near the gear box underneath engine. Now being no mechanics thats all we can say on that.... hoping someone out there
can also give us a clue on how to stop leak... hubby puzzled why there is a square hole anyway, some sort of chamber???? did tell you all earlier we sure aint mechanics, good luck to all pajero owners with oil leak,
it is hell trying to get oil off tarmac, thanks for reading.

Sunday, 10 October 2010

Discussion Archived

Roy H
Joined Nov 2010
14 posts

There a half moon oil seal on the rear of the rocker gasket (put your fingers on the rear of rocker cover and feel for oil).They shrink with the heat.Buy a new rocker gasket set ,
When they leak it dribbles down the bell housing and settles underneath near gear box .Just cleaned my puddle up too:)

Wednesday, 3 November 2010

Discussion Archived

kev
Joined May 2009
43 posts

hi roy, thanks for replying, havent got a clue where rocker gasket
is to enable me to feel for oil to see if seal needs replacing. You obviously are more mechanically minded than me!!! Any chance you could point me in the right direction, still have metal tray under truck to try and stop any more oil on drive, it would be more than my life is worth to let the stain get any bigger, wife is not impressed even though I have been out there trying to clean our puddle too!! thanks kev.

Thursday, 4 November 2010

Discussion Archived

Roy H
Joined Nov 2010
14 posts

Haha Kev you make me laugh.No wonder im single.
stand at the front of the engine.The rocker cover is the alloy thing in the middle at the top of the engine attached to the engine.
Run you hand down the back of it and feel for oil.
Also on shoggies and pajeros they have a habit of leaking from a little rubber pipe ( goes brittle)underneath the car.It near between engine and gearbox.Wipe clean and see if it leaks.
The square thing i think you were taking about is the autobox transmission fluid drain.But thats not oil in there its atf.
Thing is with an oil leak is when you drive it it spreads everywhere.Better steam it off let it dry and put loads of talc powder over and under the engine casing and run it.
It would show up then with signs of oil dripping down it.
Let me know how you get on with it
Pity you didnt live near i could have had a look.

Thursday, 4 November 2010

Discussion Archived

kev
Joined May 2009
43 posts

hi again roy, thanks for advice yet again!! I will take a look tomorrow and see if any oil by rocker cover or pipe. I will let you know how I get on, thats assuming misses doesnt see new puddle left today, don't hold out much hope for me, bit of grovelling needed I think. Kev

Saturday, 6 November 2010

Discussion Archived

Roy H
Joined Nov 2010
14 posts

Has your wife skinned you yet :)??
Have you had any luck to the leak?

Wednesday, 10 November 2010

Discussion Archived

ianbasher
Joined Apr 2010
1 posts

there are a good few places it can leak mine was leaking from the back of the alt on the pump and had the one with the half moon on the rocker lol but the site i go to with my paj probs is http://www.pocuk.com the pajero owners there great so much help and advice great sight to look at for help

Saturday, 13 November 2010

Discussion Archived

maz214
Joined May 2010
1 posts

hi had same thing with the i got it was just a seal but very hard to get to .

Monday, 13 December 2010

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

Place an ad here for free

» More 4x4 ads...

Roy H
Joined Nov 2010
14 posts

Haha hi Kev.
Straight forward to change.
copy and paste this Kev.

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=68

Its free to join plus you will find loads of help on there if your stuck with anything else.

Monday, 13 December 2010

Discussion Archived

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.