Advertise here

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Club Heater problem

Tony
Joined May 2010
3 posts

My heater does not seem to give out much heat, I have checked out the LED reading as the car does not have any temperature gauge fitted, by pressing the settings button waiting for the bleep then pressing the BC button and scrolling through until I come to an LED readout which gives a temperature reading, that I assume is the water temperature, the car never goes above 30 to 45 degrees, (this is only after a 35 min motorwary drive) if this is the water it seems low to me hence no great heat, the blower is working fine, so what could be the problem?

Is it the thermostat that need replacing or the pollen filter?

Unless of course the heater in these car's are just crap!

Friday, 26 November 2010

Discussion Archived

Top Guy
Joined Sep 2008
1240 posts

Replace the thermostat, sounds like its stuck partially open, common problem on vauxhalls.

Nige

XBOX LIVE ADDICT (FING3R5)

Friday, 26 November 2010

Discussion Archived

Tony
Joined May 2010
3 posts

Is that an easy job to do?

I remember in years gone by you'd find the top hose take it off and replace the thermostat and gaskett but on modern engine's!!!!!

Saturday, 27 November 2010

Discussion Archived

Top Guy
Joined Sep 2008
1240 posts

is an easy job to do, couple of star bolts, 1 top and 1 bottom.

look on left hand side of the engine, you will have to pipes goin into the thermostat, one big to the rad, one small which goes to the top of the expansion tank and a sensor.

Unplug the sensor and take off the small pipe, you should easily be able to take the thermostat off with out having to take off the large pipe, take out the 2 bolts and pull away the housing.

Ypu will get like a mini toilet roll tube with your new thermostat, this you push down on to the thermostat and turn to get the old one out and put the new one in.

The gaskets nowadays are rubber and tbh the ones that come with the new thermostat are a pig as you need to heat and stretch them to fit into the groove. Personally unless the old gasket looks cracked and ready to fall apart i wouldnt bother replacing, didnt with my astra the other week when doin the head gasket. Just smother the grease you get with the thermstat round the old gasket and put back together.

Dont forget to put a litre of antifreeze in 1st when topping up your coolant when done.

Run the car, let the fan kick in ... Job done and hopefully a hot heater

Nige

XBOX LIVE ADDICT (FING3R5)

Discussion Archived

Tony
Joined May 2010
3 posts

Many thanks will give it a go

Discussion Archived

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.