Advertise here

has a border collie ever won best breed at crufts.

ada.
Joined Apr 2010
4604 posts

i was just wondering if a b.c has ever won any champion medals at crufts considering they are the most intelligent dog in the world plus i am biased because i love border collies especially my alfie just interested, lyn x

the man who says it cant be done, should not interrupt, the woman doing it.

Monday, 6 December 2010

Discussion Archived

KR
Joined Mar 2010
6 posts

A border collie wins best of breed every year lol if you mean best in show then no the only two collies to win crufts overall was a scotch collie in 1906 and a bearded collie in 1989 the winner of last years crufts best of breed DFS Crufts 2010 -
BOB Border Collie
AM CH BAYSHORE'S BRITISH CONNECTION AVATAR
Bitch
Owner: MRS S, MISS J, MR E & MR R LARGE, BROADHURST

I am sure a few collies have made champion at crufts to qualify your dog as a champion you need to win 3 challenge certificates with your dog

Challenge certificates are won at championship shows where they are on offer for each breed. There are a set of CC’s on offer one for dogs and one for bitches. Every dog that wins its class, unless beaten in another class is called in after the dog (or bitch) classes are judged. The judge will then pick the best dog and award him the challenge certificate. A reserve certificate will also be awarded and if for any reason the winner of the CC is disqualified (and it does happen) the reserve CC winner will automatically be awarded the challenge certificate

Once 3 CCS are won your dog is declared a champion!

Attached a pic of last years crufts best of breed

Monday, 6 December 2010

Discussion Archived

ada.
Joined Apr 2010
4604 posts

thanks for the info hun really interesting, and a beautiful dog, my alfies the one on the picture with me grandaughter, we always had german shepherds, but 10years ago we lost otto, and then we got alfie hes 2 and to be honest if i could turn the clock around if i knew thenwhat a loving, clever, faithfull, gentle dog a b.c.was i would have had them years ago, many thanks, he might not be of champion pedigree stock but hes my champion,and is loved lyn x

the man who says it cant be done, should not interrupt, the woman doing it.

Monday, 6 December 2010

Discussion Archived

Ballynabola GSDS
Joined Feb 2008
27 posts

my ben is in my avatar pic hes my first border collie but I used to show my mums mates german shepherds so understand the show part of your question I love my boy too hes nearly 9 months and a total nutter lol x

Monday, 6 December 2010

Discussion Archived

louise
Joined Sep 2009
3207 posts

An Australian Shepherd won a few years ago, which is a lot like a Border Collie, a bit stockier and minus a tail, lol x x

Monday, 6 December 2010

Discussion Archived

ecookie
Joined Apr 2010
2324 posts

a border collie was reserve best in show,i had one of her breeding.
sh ch Dykebar future glory,very nice bitch.e

Monday, 6 December 2010

Discussion Archived

aussiefi
Joined Jul 2010
1 posts

Border Collies have only been recognised by the Kennel Club since 1976 so they wouldnt have competed for Best in Show until then.
And although some people *think* Australian Shepherd look similar to Border Collies, if you put the 2 breed up together you will see they are very different indeed, and have very different personalities! They have very different herding styles too :)

Tuesday, 11 January 2011

Discussion Archived

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.