Advertise here

cosult clubman 415.

sandyjet62
Joined Feb 2011
3 posts

I have just been given a cosalt clubman 415 caravan to 'do up' I have looked and looked but cannot find any info on this model. It has a flat 3 section roof, the gas locker is seperate to the van on the tow bar, it has a cascade 1 water heater. The I.D. plate is on the door and no where else as far as I can tell. The serial number is 21253 which I am hoping means something to somebody. I fanyone has any info I would be grateful.

Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Discussion Archived

trev
Joined Nov 2010
36 posts

I think your cosalt caravan looks like about a 1980 ish model if that helps. Plastic windows came in around 78/79 and the carver mk1 came in about 79/80 I think but stand to be corrected. The shapes started to become more streamlined in the early 80's so am making an educated guess at around 1980. 415 I beleive means 4 berth 15 foot.
hope this helps

trev

Saturday, 26 February 2011

Discussion Archived

sandyjet62
Joined Feb 2011
3 posts

Thanks Trev,

This confirms some of the info I have read but there seems to be very little info available on this van. It is strange that all the other cosult vans I have seen of the early 80.s date have a sloping crested roof. The only one I have seen with a flat roof is the abby executive and the Piper, both of which were made when cosult took the CI brands. I have searched and searched for the 415 and have come found nothing. The nearest has been the 417 & 414 from the range but for the period 79-84 all these seem to have plain green decals. It would appear that the paintwork on my van is original.....so why the green & white pattern? I have also read that Cosalt generally stopped putting seperate gas lockers on in 84. Apparently in the early nineties Cosalt went over to making only static vans. Do you know what method was used to attach the cupboards etc to the walls on the tourers? My van appears not to have any fixings within the van. so must have been attached before outer skin was put on. I have seen other 80;s vans with furniture etc, attached from the inside, possibly suggesting that my van had a later production method. It does;nt really matter when it was made.....I would just like to have a more accurate date than...80's to 90's.

Thanks again for your post.

Saturday, 26 February 2011

Discussion Archived

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.