Advertise here

Chunlan Starway CL QT 50

Messages 1 to 16 of 16.

wpisme
Joined Apr 2004
6 posts

Hi i recently just put together a Chunlan Starway CLQT 50 just for messing about on, i am trying to de restrict it as it only goes approximetly 35 mph, i cannot find a restrictor on it any where, ive tried sawing the end off the exhaust with no luck just a big load of noise,
is there something i can do with the reed valve?
or does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Wednesday, 28 April 2004

Discussion Archived

the amazin
Joined May 2004
1 posts

i also have a chunlan starway (dont laugh) and am also trying to deritrcit it no luck so far any help???

Saturday, 29 May 2004

Discussion Archived

wpisme
Joined Apr 2004
6 posts

i think it is within the exhaust baffle because that is the only place left now.

Sunday, 30 May 2004

Discussion Archived

starway kid
Joined Aug 2004
2 posts

i have a chunlan starway cl50 buti dunno how you de restrict but does anyone know where you can get touch up paint for it.

Thursday, 19 August 2004

Discussion Archived

kj
Joined Sep 2004
5 posts

SO FAR AS I KNOW... THE BAFFLE WITHIN THE EX SYSTEM CAN BE A CONTENDER IN RESTRAINING AND INCREASEING PERFORMANCE.
TROUBLE IS YOU NEED TO DRILL IT OUT THE EX IS SOLID NO OTHER WAY TO DO IT BUT DO REMEMBER THE ENGINE IS ONLY A 50CC DON'T EXPECT IT TO BE A DEVIL ON WHEELS

Saturday, 4 September 2004

Discussion Archived

kj
Joined Sep 2004
5 posts

1 own a chunlan starway cl50qt-a 50 cc.
Its last owner has seemingly replaced the drive belt with a timer belt which as you can guess does it a power of uselessness.
The belt i need is v shaped to suit the symetrics of the belt cams.
Where can i get one for it! and handbook. Try not to snigger to loud if you know...can be a decent runaround...thanks.......kj.

Sunday, 5 September 2004

Discussion Archived

kj
Joined Sep 2004
5 posts

Sorry guys and girls ........me again the chunlan person........can one of you owners of a chunlan starway cl50qt-a.please please contact me on the layout of the pipeing system to the carb
i know a workshop manual would give answers.....don't have one.....help...kj

Sunday, 5 September 2004

Discussion Archived

kj
Joined Sep 2004
5 posts

The chunlan starway from new was designed to have max speed of 35mph.im sure if the makers felt this engine had the capacity to move faster then it would....remember its only a 50 cc, a lot of owners over look this important point...however baffles within the ex may be exploited to increace performance
remember also this ex is solid and baffles need to be drilled out to accsess them, and then of course sewing it back up(welding) good luck

Sunday, 5 September 2004

Discussion Archived

jp
Joined Sep 2004
2 posts

I am in spain and I want to find accesories of Chunlan Starway CL QT 50

Sunday, 19 September 2004

Discussion Archived

jp
Joined Sep 2004
2 posts

I am in spain and I want to find accesories of Chunlan Starway CL QT 50
I would like to find or know where i can find the magneto because dont start my motobike
please send me a emait to [Log in to view email]
English is mi second lenguaje

Sunday, 19 September 2004

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

PEUGEOT VIVACITY 125CC...

SYM FIDDLE 2. 125 SCOOTER....

VESPA 50 S

VESPA

HONDA EXPRESS SH 50 MOPED...

YAMAHA NEOS EASY 50CC...

VESPA SCOOTER

125CC SCOOTER

Place an ad here for free

» More mopeds and scooters ads...

mac04
Joined Oct 2004
3 posts

the deristriction is in the exhaust, u need to get a new exhaust and fit it, other wize you need to grind the end of the exhaust off (the large part) and there are cones instide you need to cut them out then re weld oth end of the exhaust off

Sunday, 3 October 2004

Discussion Archived

mac04
Joined Oct 2004
3 posts

what colour

Sunday, 3 October 2004

Discussion Archived

mac04
Joined Oct 2004
3 posts

Hi i am wondering if you know how the barings go to gether in the front wheel, and if you know anything about the speedo as mine will not work. i am askin coz u recently put together

Sunday, 3 October 2004

Discussion Archived

joyern
Joined Oct 2004
1 posts

I am looking for the workshop manual as well. Anyone know where to find it?

Saturday, 9 October 2004

Discussion Archived

nath_oshea
Joined Jan 2005
1 posts

i recentlly bought a Chunlan Starway CL QT 50 as im only 16, i have done 200 miles and my speedo has just stopped working! as this happened to anyone else??? what should i do? get it repaire or buy a new speedo (if so where from?) thanks
Nath

Thursday, 6 January 2005

Discussion Archived

starway kid
Joined Aug 2004
2 posts

hey a had this problem it was a bump a hit on the road and it knocked the cable out a dont know if that is wat has happened to u but if it has all u need is a new cable because once the cable comes out it gets totally f***ed up hope this helps caz

Friday, 7 January 2005

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 16 of 16.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.