Advertise here

Battery drain problem, 416

Messages 1 to 3 of 3.

Damage
Joined May 2004
2 posts

Hi,
I have a 1997 rover 416 and the battery keeps going flat over night. I done a drain test between the earth terminal and the earth lead, Zero! if i start the car up, then switch it off i have a 12Amp drain. Disconnect the battery, reconnect and check again and the drain is gone. Ive disconnected the obvious things to see if the drain will go, alternator, starter etc but nothing. Anyone else come across this? Thanx in advance

Tuesday, 18 May 2004

Discussion Archived

Dave
Joined May 2004
1393 posts

The fault is in your E.C.U - when you switch the engine off the E.C.U doesn't switch off for 5 minutes - but on yours it's not shutting down after the 5 mins.
You need to send the E.C.U for testing /repair
DaveH

Friday, 28 May 2004

Discussion Archived

Damage
Joined May 2004
2 posts

Thanks Dave, close m8. It was actually a fault in the heated rear windscreen control module. It was turingin it on and off willy nilly, took the relay out and its all fine :)

Saturday, 29 May 2004

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 3 of 3.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.