Advertise here

Tortoiseshell Cats - Tortitude?!?!?

Messages 1 to 20 of 26.

Izzlewiz
Joined Feb 2011
65 posts

Im getting a tortie :) majorly excited, shes only 2 weeks old so will have to wait a while! she is black and ginger and i showed my friend the pic and she said 'Good luck with that' mines a "£$% and I would NEVER have one!! Surely a cats attitude, like a dog is their personality and not their colour?! anyone with a tortie had a cat with 'tortietude' or is it a load of crock?!

Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Discussion Archived

Bonnylee
Joined Jan 2007
1585 posts

I have a tortie girl, and she is adorable.. This is a pic of her taken @ a show recently..

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.

Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Discussion Archived

lexi
Joined Jun 2009
731 posts

i have a black and tan female, shes just over 2, shes very loving and sometimes timid, i dont think colour affects the temperament, its just the cats character.

Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Discussion Archived

Tigeress*
Joined Apr 2010
2309 posts

LOL i dont think a Cats colour affects its attitude, although its funny hehe! All cats have attitude, well a good majority of them lol! There gorgeous alex & bonnylee :)

& goodluck with your new addition Izzy! :)

Kittens are born with their eyes shut. They open them in about six days, take a look around, then close them again for the better part of their lives.

R.I.P My Millie & Devlin.
Dog - Lexxie
Cats - Kimmie & Mitchell
Turtles - Raphael & Donnatello

Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Discussion Archived

hayley
Joined Mar 2009
8832 posts

Hello izzy and welcome i have owned tortie cats over the years they have been fantastic.

Coming together is a beggining.Keeping together is a progress.Working together is a success.Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Discussion Archived

Kado
Joined Jan 2009
2648 posts

I have 4 torties and out of all mine they are little sods. They are all related 3 sisters and one daughter. Spirit is so affectionate, Peaches is quiet and keeps her self too herself and Diamond is a moo moo. She is the tinyest one of ours but the greedyist as well. She is nearly 10 months and i did see her being born as well. I do think torties have a unqiue personality. By the way Diamond is the Top cat in our house for sure.

Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Discussion Archived

lexi
Joined Jun 2009
731 posts

thanks sharn x

my neighbour and next door but 1 own my cats sister and mother and they are just as loving as her,

my freind owns her 2 brothers and they are all black and fiesty so no colour has affect on a cats attitude

Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Discussion Archived

Tigeress*
Joined Apr 2010
2309 posts

Aww bless hehe! sounds so nice to have the family all near. My lots family is near but i dont see them.
& lol feisty i just have a image of a black ninja kitty for some reason! hehehehe!

& LOL Kado, i laughed when you said all lil sods lol.. xxx

Kittens are born with their eyes shut. They open them in about six days, take a look around, then close them again for the better part of their lives.

Dog - Lexxie
Cats - Kimmie & Mitchell

Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Discussion Archived

lexi
Joined Jun 2009
731 posts

lol @ sharn

they will let you fuss them for about 2 mins and then swipe when you least expect it, the little sods.

Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Discussion Archived

Tigeress*
Joined Apr 2010
2309 posts

Mitch dones that with my feet. arghh! so annoying..!

Alex, are you Alex who i have on facebook? xxx

Dog - Lexxie
Cats - Kimmie & Mitchell

Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

MINI LOP PAIR

STUNNING LUNKARYA X...

PURPLE PASSIONS & PHANTOM

GUINEA PIGS FOR SALE

KILLER BEE

VIENNA MARKED MINI LOP

CHIHUAHUA PET

CHIHUAHUA GRIL KC REG

Place an ad here for free

» More pets ads...

tricia
Joined May 2010
279 posts

I had a tortoiseshell cat for 14 years, she was a little daring unfortunately I lost her last May she was 14.5 she curled up and died at home I still miss her so much.

R.I.P. Candy love you

Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Discussion Archived

Kado
Joined Jan 2009
2648 posts

she is lovely.

Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Discussion Archived

sofia
Joined Jul 2011
1 posts

hi there ,
yes there is defo a Tortitude ! ??? !!! :)
we have had two toroisehell cats .all dark tortoiseshells are female !! the first we had we called oddment (not really -mitsitie !! )
but she was the most loveable cat ,we had her 16 happy years ,
we also have had one two years called lucy ,she defo has more Tortitude !!but can be very loveable when she wants to give it !!lol ,
if she doesnt like anyone she lets you know ,she has no sense of danger !! but i wouldnt part with her for a gold clock , i call her unique !!! lol : )) wish you a very happy future together ,i`m sure she will give you lots of happiness !!
kindest regards x

Monday, 18 July 2011

Discussion Archived

ailsap
Joined Aug 2009
530 posts

My tortie kitten marilyn

Monday, 18 July 2011

Discussion Archived

ailsap
Joined Aug 2009
530 posts

Doh

Monday, 18 July 2011

Discussion Archived

Woodlands(Shell)
Joined Jun 2007
983 posts

Naughty torties are well known lol We have had some really sweet ones at the sanctuary but they dont take any messing

Animals are a luxury not a neccessity
Can you afford to keep one?

Monday, 18 July 2011

Discussion Archived

Jo
Joined Jun 2007
109 posts

both my torties are really loving

Monday, 18 July 2011

Discussion Archived

Lis
Joined Oct 2007
3954 posts

The two torties I've had have both been quite stand offish with other people but loved me. Apparently when I moved away last weekend and my cousins stayed to look after the animals Jadzia refused to come back into the house while people she didn't know as well were in the house and she's sulking a lot now I'm gone.

Jazz was a bit more standoffish with me than Jadzia but not much and she was a rescue cat.

The beautiful Jadzia, all looks and no brain what so ever.

Owned by Indy (Red Staffie x Ridgeback), Jadzia (BlueCream Moggy) and Pippin (Fawn Pug x Chinese Crested Powderpuff)

Monday, 18 July 2011

Discussion Archived

animallover
Joined May 2009
557 posts

well our tortie is more dog than cat :L she is completely insane. she was found at 5 wks next to her dead brother and it was thought she was dead but when they picked her up she moved slightly. they rushed her here (we foster for a rescue) it was a minus 10 night in the winter! we revived her with glucose, but we're convinced she is slightly brain damaged!
she swims in the garden pond, comes for walks with the dogs. will never allow us to pick her up ever! and we can only fuss her on her terms. shes a very odd cat. but ive never heard anything about it being colour related!
she also sits in the tree and jumps onto the sheep underneath like its some kind of rodeo game!!!
here she is playing on the trampoline..

Don't breed or buy, when rescue dogs die

Monday, 18 July 2011

Discussion Archived

animallover
Joined May 2009
557 posts

and flo-jo as a baby...

Don't breed or buy, when rescue dogs die

Monday, 18 July 2011

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 20 of 26.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.