Advertise here

Baotian 50cc 4stroke help?

Messages 3741 to 3760 of 3771.

Les
Joined Jul 2007
222 posts

Vidio is of a Piagio 2 stroke and the thing u refer to at 42 seconds is in fact the 2 stroke oil pump which is varied by the throttle .

Thursday, 1 December 2011

Discussion Archived

carolclint
Joined Apr 2009
34 posts

Sorry, i gave wrong link. Hers a dissasembly close up and there are no wires at all.

http://scootdawg.proboards.com/index.cgi?actio......p;page=1#434616

Friday, 2 December 2011

Discussion Archived

gerry
Joined Dec 2011
1 posts

Hi.Boought a boation for some one and they had the same problem with L plate. Most classic bikes use number plates holders that attach ont6o the side of the front forks. This is visible and legal and does not take the look off the bike. maybe look on ebay for front fork license plate holder. Other than that go into a cyook for the stand out type reflectors that you see sticking out on bikes. You should get the idea of how to make one. hope it helps.

gerry

Sunday, 18 December 2011

Discussion Archived

Carrie
Joined Jul 2011
6 posts

Hi,

I have a BT49QT-11. Earlier this week I was going full throttle on long striaght road it was a frosty morning and my throttle stuck! I ended up loosing control and falling off the bike. I was a little brused but ok and so was my bike other than a crack in the body work. After trying for a few mintues to release the trottle it did spring back and has been fine since. Is it possible it froze? As I had only been on my journey for less than 5 minutes and on the strech of road you can feel the temperature drop.

Also a few days after this I was 2 minutes into my journey and my bike just lost all power and slowly came to a complete stop. It would not start again after this although it was trying to. It sounded normal it just didn't turn over. I pushed the bike home and then started it 1st time the day after. I haven't been out on it since and was just wondering if anyone has any ideas why this has happened?

I'm going on a test drive tomorrow.

Thanks

Saturday, 21 January 2012

Discussion Archived

carpet-fitter
Joined Apr 2012
2 posts

hello, i have a DB 49QT Sport Scooter yr11/12. i want to check tappet setting, whats the settings,and do i require any replacment gaskets ?. also i want to derestrict it i have found carb piston restrictor. there is no pink wire to CDI .is this modol just on carb alone?. if so do i reley need to check if spacer is fitted to veriator .and do thay fit 6.5 rollers 0r 4/4.5 to this modol for better pick up. as it is its its not safe .far two slow from standstill.i could manage with restriction on speed but not pick.thanks EC

Sunday, 15 April 2012

Discussion Archived

carolclint
Joined Apr 2009
34 posts

Hello, if you go back in the forum to around page 11 i have added links to all the info you may need. I have added the link below just in case. All manuals are free to download and will help in every aspect.

http://www.chinesescooterclub.co.uk/default.asp?pageid=14

Monday, 16 April 2012

Discussion Archived

Les
Joined Jul 2007
222 posts

Top Valve is inlet , Set gap to 0.05mm
Bottom valve is Exhoust , Set gap to 0.08mm
Gaps should be set when engine is cold .
Gaps should be set every year or two as they wear quickly due to running on unleadded fuel,
If your scoota power dies once engine gets hot and wont start till its cooled down then valve clearence could be the cause .

Monday, 16 April 2012
Edited Monday, 16 April 2012

Discussion Archived

Les
Joined Jul 2007
222 posts

Here the inlet clearence gap is being checked , should be 0.05mm
The rocker box gasket can usually be reused many times .

Monday, 16 April 2012
Edited Monday, 16 April 2012

Discussion Archived

carpet-fitter
Joined Apr 2012
2 posts

Thanks les, tappet & gasket info very usefull. Eric

Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Discussion Archived

Missmonkeymel
Joined Jan 2010
4 posts

if want the sump plug taken out john is the man lives in southampton he fixed two scooters very cheap his phone is 079 86862277 let it ring few times

Sunday, 24 June 2012

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

SCOOTER FOR SALE

NEAR MINT PEUGEOT VOGUE...

SCOOTER 50CC

YAMAHA CYGNUS X 125

RETRO SCOOTER

YAMAHA YP 250CC MAJESTY...

HONDA C90 CUB 1988

KYMCO 50CC MOPED

Place an ad here for free

» More mopeds and scooters ads...

Jack main
Joined Jul 2012
1 posts

Hi mate do you know why my 2010 baotian is not moving even when I pull the throttle back? It starts and revs fine but just doesn't go? Will you be able to help please
Thanks

Friday, 13 July 2012

Discussion Archived

Les
Joined Jul 2007
222 posts

Usually a snaped drive belt inside the black side casing just below the air filter box .

Saturday, 14 July 2012
Edited Saturday, 14 July 2012

Discussion Archived

Les
Joined Jul 2007
222 posts

There is a Centrifugal clutch conected to the rear of the drive belt that can wear out but i think yours is to new for it to be the problem ,

Saturday, 14 July 2012

Discussion Archived

DP
Joined Aug 2011
1 posts

did anyon get a response to why these import bikes started but wouldnt tick over (as soon as pull off-cuts out and wont start again straight away), my son has same issue with Hanglong 50cc? Bought off seller on ebay (brand new 2 months ago)?
Cleaned carb, oil changed (run in properly). I have read that it could be the rollers are too heavy and to change them - any advise would be helpful

Sunday, 26 August 2012
Edited Sunday, 26 August 2012

Discussion Archived

Les
Joined Jul 2007
222 posts

if it wont tick over then it sounds like the pilot jet is blocked , or the carb float bowl is not filling to the right level .
on the side of the carb is a mixture screw that sets the amount of fuel that passes through the pilot jet for efficient tickover , get its setting from the manual but it should be around 1 and threeqauter turns out .
Another thing that can cause your problem is too much air caused by the induction pipe coming off the back or the front of the carb .

Sunday, 26 August 2012

Discussion Archived

ali
Joined Sep 2012
1 posts

hi , can you please help me and send me a copy of the manual , as i am stuck with a wiring loom on daughters moped !!

regards ali

Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Discussion Archived

jmwhooper
Joined Apr 2010
1 posts

@ carolclint, you have mentioned in a few posts you purchased a Japanese carb from e-bay and it has really helped. Can you tell me what to look for, I can only seem to find Chinese made replacements and not Japanese made, is there a particular make or supplier I should look for?
Thanks.

Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Discussion Archived

Les
Joined Jul 2007
222 posts

The Baotian 50cc engine is a Honda design i believe so u could try asking a Honda dealer what carb might fit .

Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Discussion Archived

Jackson's
Joined Nov 2012
1 posts

hi, ive just bought a baorian bt49qt-11 retro, i can only get 30mph out of it:( can someone send me link or pictures of how to deristrict my bike please:)

Monday, 19 November 2012

Discussion Archived

amber xx
Joined Jan 2013
2 posts

hi i have a pulse scout 49 but mainly boation parts as some have been changed , i need to know if my headlight should get dramatically brighter when the throttle is turned and then dimm down considerably when the throttle is released ??

Friday, 11 January 2013

Discussion Archived

Messages 3741 to 3760 of 3771.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.