Advertise here

Messages 1 to 13 of 13.

Vickijw
Joined Jun 2011
692 posts

Have just traded in my 05 1.5 DCi Dynamique for a 59 plate 1.5 DCi Dynamique TomTom and have to say that I am a bit disappointed with it's fuel consumption.
Used to get about 54 mpg in the old one and am lucky to 40 in the new one, does anyone else have a similar car or similar problem.
When I bought the car I was assured that the fuel consumption would be as good if not better than the old one. New one only has 12,000 miles on the clock but had only ever done journeys of up to about 20 miles, never been on a long run, would this help to run in the engine??

llamas are addictive http://www.ashwoodllamas.co.uk

Thursday, 11 August 2011

Discussion Archived

tommytwotanks
Joined Aug 2006
2276 posts

hi vicki, why don't you take it back to the dealer, ive just had a look on parkers.co.uk at the fact and figures page, and with your car you should be getting 59 mpg, have you noticed an orange/yellow light coming on as you drive, because something is not right

when you say you've just bought, how long a go did you buy it

tommy

you're so confused, you don't even know it

Thursday, 11 August 2011
Edited Thursday, 11 August 2011

Discussion Archived

Vickijw
Joined Jun 2011
692 posts

I've had it just less than a month
I took it back to the dealership today and the service manager went out with me in the car. He drove but he used cruise control all the time and managed to get it to 60+ mpg - BUT he was doing only 50 mph on a 60 mph road.
There are no warning lights to say that anything is wrong but I just feel that the engine is a bit 'flat' and not doing as it should - but hey I'm a woman what mechanic is going to take any notice of me?? LOL The fact that I'm a self confessed car tart and have been brought up with my dad owning fast cars (Aston Martins and Jags) is irrelevant to them - LOL
They have suggested I take it for a long motorway drive and if it's no better to take it back again and they can then reset the computer ????????

Thursday, 11 August 2011

Discussion Archived

tommytwotanks
Joined Aug 2006
2276 posts

ok, another way to find out an average mpg is to fill your tank until the trigger keeps clicking (hope you know what i mean) then do a 100 or 150 miles, refill the tank until the trigger keeps clicking, make a note of how many litres you put in, then if youre not good at math's get a calculator, then divide the litres by 4.546, this will give you the gallons used, then divide the gallons by the miles, so if you

used 10.22 liters = 2.39 gallons to travel 150 miles your mpg is 62.76

but of course it depends where you are driving, and at what speed

this will also check that the trip computer/fuel mpg is working as it should

tommy

Thursday, 11 August 2011
Edited Thursday, 11 August 2011

Discussion Archived

Vickijw
Joined Jun 2011
692 posts

Thanks Tommy, will give that a try - husband''s an accountant so he can do the calculations!!
Just have the feeling it's not right and the garage wont listen even though they told me that this car would be as good if not better than the old one when they took my money!! If it was only 1 or 2 mpg I'd let it go but we're talking 10-14 mpg that's a lot of money over a year!!

Thursday, 11 August 2011

Discussion Archived

GREG
Joined Jan 2006
1429 posts

get a scan done Vicki,see if its throwing up any fault codes etc,egr valve can stick on them and affect mpg,has it been serviced recently(new diesel filter)?,also check for simple things like binding brakes

Friday, 12 August 2011
Edited Friday, 12 August 2011

Discussion Archived

Vickijw
Joined Jun 2011
692 posts

Thanks Greg - the garage are telling me that if there was a fault an error code would show up when I start the engine.
They say they serviced it before they sold it to me and I can only believe that they did so! Have to say it feels like something is 'sticking' or just not working to capacity as it slows down and loses revs then lurches forward and I'm not doing anything with the gas pedal.
Don't know how to make the garage DO something, maybe I need to complain to Renault direct - might get better service???

Friday, 12 August 2011

Discussion Archived

GREG
Joined Jan 2006
1429 posts

rear brake calipers can seize on them,which could be your problem,also the 1.5 is a f*****r for injector and pump problems,and an expensive fix(ive seen clios scrapped because of the same fault)

if your car is still under warranty,i would get it back to them and get it sorted before it runs out

Friday, 12 August 2011

Discussion Archived

Vickijw
Joined Jun 2011
692 posts

Thanks Greg, it's still under manufacturers warranty, I've had it back to the garage twice now and they've told me to take it on a longer trip and see how it goes!! They clearly don't want to spend money on it!!

Friday, 12 August 2011

Discussion Archived

greg
Joined Aug 2011
2 posts

Hi is this debbie bells sister

Friday, 12 August 2011

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

AUSTINSUITE TEAK SIDEBOARD...

HOLIDAY APARTMENT ORLANDO

MATTERS OF LIFE 4 PAY DAY...

RETRO ORIGINAL G PLAN...

PUSSYCAT FLORAL DRESS SIZE...

KC REG BLACK LAB PUPPIES

RETRO ORIGINAL JENTIQUE...

FIAT 500 1.2 POP 2DR...

Place an ad here for free

» More other makes and general discussion ads...

tommytwotanks
Joined Aug 2006
2276 posts

here we go, two users with the same user name, lol

Friday, 12 August 2011

Discussion Archived

Vickijw
Joined Jun 2011
692 posts

No - haven't got a sister called Debbie!!

Friday, 12 August 2011

Discussion Archived

greg
Joined Aug 2011
2 posts

sorry its a coincidence she has tha same dog n is called viki thanks

Saturday, 13 August 2011

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 13 of 13.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.