Advertise here

peugeot 106 zest 2

kiale
Joined Dec 2008
7 posts

Hi can anybody help ?
iv been out in my car (peugeot 106 zest2 1.1 engine) all day and its been fine, and when i got home locked it up with the central locking all was fine. Came back out to it and my central locking wouldnt work and the car wouldnt start, its ticking over but not starting. does anybody know what the problem may be ??
any info appreciated.

Saturday, 10 September 2011

Discussion Archived

Al's Pug
Joined Feb 2005
2348 posts

hi
Can we have a bit more info please.
When you couldn't get the c/l to unlock car, how did you get into the car ? are you using the same key as when you last locked the car ?
Do you have another remote key for the car ? did you unlock the car using the key in the drivers door lock, and did all the doors and hatch all operate?
I suspect that the c/l and imobilizer operate together so if you opened the car using the door lock the imobiliser is still set from locking the car on the remote.
My only sugestion is that you disconnect the battery for a few hours & then re connect it. This should re set the system.
In the mean time it may be worth checking the battery in the remote ready for when you have re set the car.

let us know how you get on

Al

if it aint broke don't fix it !

Saturday, 10 September 2011

Discussion Archived

kiale
Joined Dec 2008
7 posts

thanks for that. the central locking does work on my key im missing the open button but have the locking one so when i open the car i usually put the key in the door and it opens all the doors on the car and when i lock it i just press the button on the key and it locks.
but when i came back out to the car i put the key in the door and opend it and it only opend the drivers door then i tried to lock it with the botton on the key and it wouldnt work then i opend the door tried to start the car and it wouldnt start. now i have to lock and unlock each door individualy on the car by putting the key in the door.
will take the battery off the car today and leave it for a couple of hours and will take my key for the battery changed.

thanks Al will let u know how it goes

Sunday, 11 September 2011

Discussion Archived

kiale
Joined Dec 2008
7 posts

Hi Al
i have tried what u said, had my car battery checked and it was fine 100%. Had the key battery changed, left the car battery out the car for just under 2 hours put it back in and the central locking is still not working and my car will still not start :( i think it has imobalised it self. would welcome anymore suggestions mate
thanks brad.

Discussion Archived

GREG
Joined Jan 2006
1429 posts

leave the ignition switched on for 30 mins,then try it

Discussion Archived

kiale
Joined Dec 2008
7 posts

hi thanks for ur advise
do u mean the first turn of the key or turn the key fully and leave it for 30mins ?
ta brad

Discussion Archived

GREG
Joined Jan 2006
1429 posts

turn the key so that the lights in the dash come on then leave for 30 mins

Discussion Archived

kiale
Joined Dec 2008
7 posts

no that hasnt worked either left it for half hour like u said and it still not working. any more suggestions ?
ta brad

Discussion Archived

GREG
Joined Jan 2006
1429 posts

ok try locking and unlocking the doors(with the key)5/6 times in a row....then try and start it,if that fails

try switching the car on and off 5/6 times (without attempting to start)........then try and start it

if it dosent work you may have a problem with your key/transponder

Discussion Archived

GREG
Joined Jan 2006
1429 posts

ok just checked autodata
first check fuse 8 ,this controls your central locking and immobiliser,could have blown :)

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

Place an ad here for free

» More peugeot ads...

GREG
Joined Jan 2006
1429 posts

wee pic

Discussion Archived

kiale
Joined Dec 2008
7 posts

thanks for your info will try it now tried unlocking it and locking it 5/6 times and tried turning the key on and off 5/6 times but no joy. and i have two fuse boxes on my car one under the bonet and one behind the glove box which one will fuse 8 be in do u know ?
thanks brad

Discussion Archived

GREG
Joined Jan 2006
1429 posts

the one behind the glove box,its the fuse on the bottom right of the picture hard to see in the image i posted sorry

what engine is yours?

Edited Sunday, 11 September 2011

Discussion Archived

kiale
Joined Dec 2008
7 posts

:D THANKYOU VERY MUCH!! iv spent 36 hours asking questions and trying to solve this iv only just got my car had it all customed and kitted out. not a boy racer still only a 1.1 just love my cars :)
will attatch a pic of it if u want ?

Discussion Archived

GREG
Joined Jan 2006
1429 posts

ok glad you got it sorted :)

hard to see in the pic personally id change the bumper to a gti one,be great in the snow tho lol

Discussion Archived

Series1_1987_309GRD
Joined Sep 2007
229 posts

hope your insurers are aware that its got cosmetic modifications

or that you never find yourself in an accident

Discussion Archived

GREG
Joined Jan 2006
1429 posts

^^^^^as long as he dont hit you you shouldnt worry ^^^^^

Discussion Archived

marrygold
Joined Oct 2010
160 posts

so what was the problem.
marrygold

Monday, 12 September 2011

Discussion Archived

GREG
Joined Jan 2006
1429 posts

blown fuse

Discussion Archived

marrygold
Joined Oct 2010
160 posts

thanks

Discussion Archived

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.