Advertise here

this is what happens..

Dianepurcell
Joined Jan 2011
3916 posts

As I have said before I often share the messages on face book for the cats and dogs who are on death row..

yesterday I saw the reality of not neutering your animals...3 death row pics..2 were mothers with new borns (cats) and one very scared mum dog with brand new pups..

they were all facing the same fate...

sadly I am expecting to see more of these..I'll keep sharing in the vain hope someone will give a home to a cat/dog with multiple babies.

neuter please.

D~

4 members said thank you, this message was helpful.

if it has a face I don't eat it....keef mann
No one in the world needs a mink coat but a mink. ~Murray Banks

Saturday, 7 April 2012

Discussion Archived

tanzi_07
Joined Feb 2010
5868 posts

D..i have seen so many pics of euthanized dogs all lined up in a row saying we all died today..makes me cringe an makes me so angry.. very sad.. bred to die.. :(((

Saturday, 7 April 2012

Discussion Archived

Dianepurcell
Joined Jan 2011
3916 posts

I know it's terrible...there was one cat he was 2 he had been in that shelter all his life since a kitten..and you know the cage had lines of metal a grid almost to stand on..his lil toes were falling thur...but he goes to the front of the cage everytime someone comes by...made me cry
D~

Saturday, 7 April 2012

Discussion Archived

Peaches
Joined Apr 2011
8507 posts

D i feel the same i often cry about these thing so may poor sweet animals being needlessly pts, i have stopped looking at some sights because it really was beginig to effect me badly, we spayed our girl before we got our boy because i love animals and would never have forgiven myself if i had breed dogs that could not have been homed, as ive said before both mine were kc reg and health checked so we easliy could have breed them all those years ago but even then my conscience told me not too. Tbh there is no easy answer its all very well posting these things on forums but i think most of us on here know about the problem, this needs to be done on a bigger scale involving the government, in some way, i would never want to be with out dogs or cats but there needs to be some sort regulatory bodie to help enforce that its all done properly.

" A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than it loves himself" ...J Billing
"Dogs lives are too short ....... their only fault really " Angnes Sligh Turnbull.

Saturday, 7 April 2012

Discussion Archived

Mary
Joined May 2007
7147 posts

I'm the same as you P&S, I know its cowardly but I cant look, its too upsetting. When its really cold weather and I'm curled up warm in bed I get all worked up thinking about animals that could be suffering, tied up outside or shut in cold sheds. and its not only animals, its children too. Thats why I read every night till I drop off, usually with the book in my hand still, I can never just lie there waiting for sleep because thats when the bad thoughts come.
I never watch the news especially at 10pm it would give me nightmares.
The world is such a wicked place it scares me.

Whoever said 'You cant buy happiness' forgot about little puppies

Saturday, 7 April 2012

Discussion Archived

Dianepurcell
Joined Jan 2011
3916 posts

meet Bertie...scared and needing a home or else he's gone..
D~

Saturday, 7 April 2012

Discussion Archived

Dianepurcell
Joined Jan 2011
3916 posts

Lyra random image in the urgent section...I won't post anymore...but I can't sit by while these animals are being gassed etc...please neuter these babies weren't asked to be born then dumped in trash and taken by a good samaritan to a shelter...who doesn't know he has signed their death warrant...it happens everywhere unwanted animals are thrown away by people to be cremated by the shelters..
D~

Saturday, 7 April 2012

Discussion Archived

Mary
Joined May 2007
7147 posts

I totally agree with everything you say Diane, just because I cant look at these images doesnt mean I dont care, and if it was in my power to save them all I would.

Saturday, 7 April 2012

Discussion Archived

Dianepurcell
Joined Jan 2011
3916 posts

I know Mary .. it is sending me mad seeing them...but it just isn't sinking in to people..they are still allowing their cats to mate..a birth can kill a cat...she can have her kittens outside etc...is so dangerous..oh I give up..all I can do is stick to my views myself...
D~

Saturday, 7 April 2012

Discussion Archived

Dianepurcell
Joined Jan 2011
3916 posts

Helen don't feel useless you resepct animals alot and understand this situation..that makes you a good person..
D~
if I don't answer it's because I'm going for a walk..

Saturday, 7 April 2012
Edited Saturday, 7 April 2012

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

Place an ad here for free

» More pets ads...

Mary
Joined May 2007
7147 posts

I know that everyone on this forum is upset and horrified with the neglect and cruelty that is around us all. But there are millions of pets that are very much loved and in many cases the only form of love and friendship some people have, we mustn't lose sight of this.

1 member said thank you, this message was helpful.

Saturday, 7 April 2012
Edited Saturday, 7 April 2012

Discussion Archived

Mary
Joined May 2007
7147 posts

Like I said Helen if i could I would save them all, and I'm sure we all feel that way, but we cant.
I think what we all must do is be very vigilant. If we suspect any sort of neglect or cruelty in or around where we live, we have to do something about it. It maybe just a drop in the ocean, but if it helps a desperate animal, or child for that matter, any kind of cruely or abuse, it can only be a good thing.

Saturday, 7 April 2012

Discussion Archived

HJ
Joined Oct 2011
3665 posts

Is this is the UK, D? Or the US? We could attempt to start a Care2 petition to raise awareness?x

EVERY animal matters.xx

Saturday, 7 April 2012

Discussion Archived

nickybee
Joined Nov 2011
698 posts

It's a sad sick old world - and do you know that there are also 27000,000 slaves in the world at the mo, a lot of them in this country? (More than there ever were when slavery was actually legal) Cruelty to animals plus ppl treated like cattle - oh planet Earth, I weep for the degradation.......xxxxx

Creation is wonderful - so is the Creator

Saturday, 7 April 2012

Discussion Archived

Dianepurcell
Joined Jan 2011
3916 posts

Helen these death row cats are all over the USA..there are quite a few petitions going around mainly against the way the animals are killed gassed and heart stick...but it would be good to do something on care2 I do think maybe a group starting up could be good...I did have a group for Dexter but lost it when the site was hacked...whats needed is a group that can keep going which means members from all over the world...and email address's for these shelters and the mayor of the place..would be a start..
D~

problem is tho my profile is still not done...but do know a few people on twitter who were friends off care2 I can contact.

Saturday, 7 April 2012

Discussion Archived

**horses**
Joined Sep 2010
794 posts

i agree something needs to be done its no good us all keep saying if we cud do something we would if all the people that says that (inc me) got together there would be enough of us to do something about it... if we just start in uk! a letter needs to be put together to the goverment with suggestions on this.. if we could get their backing its a very good start.. we need to do something now this is getting out of hand rescues are full the climate is so poor we cant afford to take on someone elses pets that has been so ignorantly breed for money..
the other week we had 2 black bags dumped outside of a friends stable yard.. when she opend the first bag there was a bitch dead inside the 2nd bag contained 4 puppies...
GUYS THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!!! we are passionate about this to make a difference and if it doesnt work by god we bl000dy tried our best!!?????

2 members said thank you, this message was helpful.

Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Discussion Archived

**horses**
Joined Sep 2010
794 posts

******** BUMP *********

Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Discussion Archived

Dianepurcell
Joined Jan 2011
3916 posts

petitions do make a difference in various causes...often you have to break a problem down and take it step by step..my issue at the moment is a cat she has kittens she is in a shelter..now she needs out thats the first problem...but if she isn't adopted they use heart sticks thats the second problem...I have signed petitions against heart sticks have phoned vets in america to tell them what I think but america is a huge place...it's difficult to stick to one issue but thats the only way we can help...we must choose one thing..heart sticks...gas chambers...neutering..animal abuse..anti fur..and work from there...then we can find a person to point us in the right direction...we need people lots of people...we need friends in the USA..and start on one specific shelter ...contact the mayor of the state and the local vets who do the heart stick..it will get draining but you have to stick to it...am willing to help a campaign ...at the moment I drift between various causes a lil help to each..also the hunger site and care2.com have the click to donate option..that feeds shelter animals etc so that is something that should be clicked everyday...it's the start..what do you think?
D~

Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Discussion Archived

Dianepurcell
Joined Jan 2011
3916 posts

just posted this on facebook...I am dexterstamp on facebook if you want to join me.

this morning (UK time) I saw a pic looking for adoption for a mum and her babies (cat)..it was also stated this shelter used heart sticks..now if anyone knows who this shelter is or any shelter's that use heart sticks will you send me a message with as much detail as possible...I have drifted over the years doing a lil bit for everything...seeing that today has made me realise that right now help is needed with heart stick shelter cats..gas chambers are in the spot light alot but heart sticks I don't see much.

I want to find maybe 3 shelters to start with and work on them...their mayor etc..local vets and people and also make people aware by posting here and twitter..

now I could look on the net maybe find a shelter myself but I need 100% info that this shelter does that...this may not make much sense I just wanted to sound out if anyone knows this info and if anyone when the time comes will help write and phone etc.

I am in the UK and I believe that helps the fact that someone half way around the world knows about their "shelter" etc does give em a boot...

ok people thanks for listening
peace out
D~
xx

Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Discussion Archived

Dianepurcell
Joined Jan 2011
3916 posts

Hi Helen here is the info off a petition that was posted it explains it better than I could. do remember though often these cats as it says are not sedated they are scared maybe feral and this vet is trying to "stick" the injection into a specific area needless to say this often leads to terrble distress and pain on the poor animal. as staed in my last message I am looking for a specific shelter..but I have got info already of a heart stick shelter ..so am looking at trying to contact 3 -4 but will need people to back it..just a email etc stating it's cruel etc...here I am rambling on here is the paragraph off the petition.

"*Intracardial injections, commonly referred to as "heart sticks," are considered inhumane and cruel when performed on animals that aren't anesthetized or comatose. Using the "heart stick" method is painful because the needle containing sodium pentobarbital - a schedule II controlled substance used to euthanize animals - passes through the chest wall and several layers of muscle before puncturing the heart. If the euthanasia substance isn't carefully and accurately administered, an animal's lungs could be punctured, causing them to fill with fluid, a painful way to die.

Intracardial injections are difficult to administer effectively on fully conscious animals because in the animal, the lungs and the heart are constantly moving, said Dr. Bonnie Beaver, a veterinarian and professor of veterinary medicine who is considered a euthanasia expert by the American Veterinary Medical Association."

am off to bed now will answer anything tomos g'night...xx

Wednesday, 11 April 2012
Edited Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Discussion Archived

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.