Advertise here

Certain Biased Forum

Messages 1 to 12 of 12.

doglotdog
Joined Apr 2010
523 posts

How many of the readers of these pages, have been onto the UKCS camping and caravanning forum?
Have you noticed how many of the 'regular posters are 'missing' nowadays? The moderaters are banning people from the website for even mentioning Valbarleys name / blog site / or even painting bell tents ? And why? because she [posted some pictures of her week-end away and the mods 'locked the thread until she put a favourable review on about the campsite she had visited ! As she had had a - wet, awkward pitch and the site owners were not the most helpful people. She naturally did not give them a glowing report ! That was not allowed, because the site advertises on the ukcs webpages and -pays! So rather than risk upsetting one of their sponsers ? they have put a ban on this poor poster !

If anyone uses the campsite search facility on this site ! please be aware that there will be NO negative reports, about any of the sites or services listed in the pages !
How's that for Honesty ????

oh by the way i am also banned from there as well.

Thursday, 24 May 2012

Discussion Archived

martinwf5
Joined Apr 2011
1 posts

Its funny you should mention this, i notice how a certain campsite in the Lakes gets so many good reviews , as its site is certainly overcrowded, with drink fuelled campers, toilets that are not cleaned, and the rest.

i don't really go on ukcs anymore, i use an activity based forum where members post campsites related to their activity, i tend to keep away from the busy ripping off sites.

Sunday, 10 June 2012

Discussion Archived

ac
Joined Sep 2007
15506 posts

I got banned from posting on there, for telling the truth.
Still a member, and can look, but can't touch.lol

Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Discussion Archived

ailuro
Joined Mar 2009
5 posts

This has to be ukcampsite dot co dot UK you're posting about.

I'm another one who has been excluded without being told why. this is my first season camping but I've tried my best not to ask too many daft questions and to pass on good deals I think others will find helpful.

I think I was banned for good after mentioning having a meet up that we'd not want a face painter we'd want a tent painter.
I didn't even mention VAL Barley and her fabulous bell tents. Google VAL barley and Mister men if you've never seen this work it's fab but we warned you'll be hunting preloved for a bell tent of your own)

search for ailurotoo posts on ukcs forum if you think I'm prone to incendiary trolling. it's sad the mass editing and banning isn't known about. decent people are posting on an unfair forum and it bugs me some folks are making money without being upfront about it.

Saturday, 23 June 2012

Discussion Archived

valbarley
Joined Jun 2009
1 posts

Appallingly badly run forum

Especially becasue they banned me

Sunday, 24 June 2012

Discussion Archived

doglotdog
Joined Apr 2010
523 posts

Couldn't agree more !!

Life and soul of any campsite PARRRRTTTYYY !!!

Sunday, 24 June 2012

Discussion Archived

doglotdog
Joined Apr 2010
523 posts

the word is spreading !!

Any one else noticed the lack of the

'usual' posters names are disappearing ??

maybe you are asking the 'wrong' questions ?

such as Why ? Where ? When ?

is it fair / Or even an 'honest forum ???

Thursday, 12 July 2012

Discussion Archived

Helen
Joined Oct 2010
9 posts

What an interesting discussion!

Now I know why I don't pay much attention to reviews!!

Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Discussion Archived

LINDA
Joined Nov 2010
2 posts

I posted an unfavourable review of a campsite between Balloch and Crianlarich in Scotland where the onsite pub did not close until 2am and patrons continued partying/drinking outside (inspite of midgies!), also there was a football match going on at 3am. There was no one onsite to speak to and at 4am we had had enough, packed up and went home. Never, never again will I go to Beinglas Campsite. Anyway, I digress - I posted my review of this campsite on UKCS and guess what - nothing - a big fat zero. Am I surprised, yeh well a little I suppose.

Saturday, 15 December 2012

Discussion Archived

ailuro
Joined Mar 2009
5 posts

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g5......k_Scotland.html

have a look here... more reliable reviews... :-)

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

LOOK IF YOU WANT TO SELL...

CONWAY TARDIS JAYCO...

FOLDING CAMPER 2011...

CONWAY CAMPER WHEEL

PENNINE PATHFINDER 2005...

TRAILER TENT GREAT...

TRAILER TENTS FOLDING...

WE BUY ANY FOLDING...

Place an ad here for free

» More tents and trailer tents ads...

LINDA
Joined Nov 2010
2 posts

Thanks, had a look and some of the reviewers had the same experience as me. Glad to see some websites show good and bad.

Discussion Archived

ailuro
Joined Mar 2009
5 posts

it's a shame there are a lot of folks on the yellow site who are very helpful and genuine. They have no inkling how biased it really is.

Shame because campers do seem to be a great bunch of folk ( apart from the ones whose nicknames end in Z... lol)

Sunday, 16 December 2012

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 12 of 12.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.