Advertise here

Vauxhall Vectra "Engine Electronics Warning Light"

Showing results 1 to 20 of 33.

dave
Joined Oct 2004
4 posts

Re: Vauxhall Vectra GLS 16V Auto Estate. Reg: March 99 (T) 2LT Petrol.

Engine Electronics warning symbal** comes on and stays on.
**(looks like an engine with a lightning flash in the center of it)

Has Anyone Experience of this problem ?
And: What are the possible causes and solutions ?

Thanks.

Saturday, 9 October 2004

Discussion Archived

Phil
Joined Oct 2004
1 posts

I had this and it was diagnosed as my Cam Belt sensor was faulty - This cost approx £200 to fix

Monday, 11 October 2004

Discussion Archived

paul
Joined Jun 2003
237 posts

Hi Dave.
The light you are referring to is the engine management light which is linked to the cars ecu (computer).When this lights up it means that vehicle has developed a fault mainly with the engine components and it has stored the fault in the ecu's memory by way of a numbered code which can be read by a diognosis computer.Depending on the severety of the fault sometimes it will cut out if something like the crankshaft sensor fails or less severe a lambda sensor may have failed but it will still log the code.If your engine is still running still have it checked it will not run as efficiantly as it should resulting in bad emmissions.

Monday, 11 October 2004

Discussion Archived

dave
Joined Oct 2004
4 posts

Thanks 'guys'...

A couple of questions...

1) What is involved in replacing these sensors ?
Could I replace these myself ?

2) What does the diagnostic check cost ?
Does anyone do it for free ?

Thanks, Dave.

Monday, 11 October 2004

Discussion Archived

paul
Joined Jun 2003
237 posts

Depends on what sensor has failed,if any,but they are all different,a Lambda sensor can be changed in 15 mins but crankshaft sensor is much more involved and very hard to access easily.See if your local friendly garage can read the codes for you,won't cost that much.There is a way to interrogate the ecu plug to give you the codes but it is not easy to explain how to carry this out,actually doing it though is a doddle.Just a note if anybody has done this and retrieved the code number I can tell them what component it refers to.

Tuesday, 12 October 2004

Discussion Archived

KIRK
Joined Oct 2004
1 posts

It could be anything mate, that's your ECU ('The brain of your car') you will have sensors all over your motor that will set of this warning light, get yourself down to Vauxhall and ask them for a tech 2 test (£20-25 ish) that will bring up any faults that the car has.

Friday, 15 October 2004

Discussion Archived

dave
Joined Oct 2004
4 posts

Hi,

1) Does the ECU remember the error codes, even when the warning light has been on, but then gone out ?

Ie: Does it only store the error code, while the light stays on ?

2) Does anyone know anything about these gadgets that I can use to check the ECU codes myself....

NB: I know that on some cars you can just short out 2 pins, and count the number of flashes of the ECU dashboard light....

But I would prefer a safer way if possible...

Where can I get them from, what is their make, model and price ?

Which one do I need, as I'm told that some only work on cars of certain years ?

Monday, 1 November 2004

Discussion Archived

dave
Joined Oct 2004
4 posts

Hi,

1) Does the ECU remember the error codes, even when the warning light has been on, but then gone out ?

Ie: Does it only store the error code, while the light stays on ?

2) Does anyone know anything about these gadgets that I can use to check the ECU codes myself....

NB: I know that on some cars you can just short out 2 pins, and count the number of flashes of the ECU dashboard light....

But I would prefer a safer way if possible...

Where can I get them from, what is their make, model and price ?

Which one do I need, as I'm told that some only work on cars of certain years ?

Monday, 1 November 2004

Discussion Archived

paul
Joined Jun 2003
237 posts

The codes sre stored in the ecu regardless wheather the light has gone out until they are cleared by the diognostic computer.
Note the light has to stay on for a certain amount of time before it will be stored,if it comes on for a very short time and goes out do not worry it sometimes happens and as long as the car is running ok it should not be a problem.

Monday, 1 November 2004

Discussion Archived

mechanic,22
Joined Oct 2004
12 posts

check your air flow sensor regulators there are 3 i think of hand start engine .lift bonnet listen for a buzzing sound cumming from the sensors /if you hear a buzz then its the diophram inside the sensor thats at .foult switch off engine /disconnect the foulty one theres a diophram inside you.ll have to prase the top of the diophram be carfull not to stab ,yourself here take .prise the top of usinge a flate screwdriver . check the diophrame for holes/and a bit of glue epoxey is a good choice seal it and wait ten mins reffit and save 150pounds .

Wednesday, 17 November 2004

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

Place an ad here for free

» More vauxhall ads...

mechanic,22
Joined Oct 2004
12 posts

great worked a treat thank you much

Wednesday, 17 November 2004

Discussion Archived

Abdallah
Joined Nov 2004
3 posts

I have a flashing S light in my 1991 vectra 1.8 liter with automatic transmission plz help me as soon as possible

I Put it on (D) but the car too heavy to move, so I put it on (1) then to (2) then (3) then to (D) then it move smoothly and with high speed

thanks in advance

Saturday, 20 November 2004

Discussion Archived

Smokester
Joined Nov 2004
2 posts

Could anyone please tell me what the symbol on the LEFT means.

I've enclosed a photo

[IMG]http://img90.exs.cx/img90/9283/Image486.jpg[/IMG]

It's a Vauxhall Vectra LS 2.0 ( year 1999 )

thanks

Sunday, 21 November 2004

Discussion Archived

me
Joined Nov 2004
2 posts

Flashing "S" (Sportsmode light) means lack of Electrical power on the Cavalier could be your alternator

Monday, 22 November 2004

Discussion Archived

me
Joined Nov 2004
2 posts

Alternator mate

Monday, 22 November 2004

Discussion Archived

koksy
Joined Mar 2002
1 posts

My 2002 Astra convertible does this when I go over the rumble strips at work sometimes!!!

Monday, 22 November 2004

Discussion Archived

Dunk
Joined Jan 2005
1 posts

I have a 1996 vectra. In the last two months I have had the airbag warning light switch on when the plug was pulled out from the seat by a walking stick. Plugged it back in but light still on, please help. Also in the same time engine warning light started poping on every now and again now it's on pritty much all the time and every now and again it cuts out the car normally when you really don't need it too. When it cuts out the rev gague goes mad just before it cuts out. What could it be?

Monday, 10 January 2005

Discussion Archived

kingdove2
Joined Jan 2005
1 posts

engine electronic warning light on diagnosed as code 0130 o2 sensor circuit malfunction bank 1 sesor 1 any one any clues. also car is whistling on aceleration

Sunday, 23 January 2005

Discussion Archived

rob
Joined Jan 2005
1 posts

does anyone know how to reset the warning light, Ive paid for two £50 diagnosis to be told the car has misfired. I'm sure I didn't need to know that on a car less than 4 yrs old with 44k on the clock

Rob

Monday, 24 January 2005

Discussion Archived

David
Joined Feb 2005
1 posts

OK, sorry to say you'll have to get the Vauxhall Dealer to look at this. They can tell where the Airbag system is faulty - I had the connectors behind the steeering wheel go and the light came on. Your insurance company won't be too pleased if the airbag doesn't work - and it won't when the light comes on because it shuts the system down for safety! The other problem you have will be the idler valve/sensor at the top of the engine - Vauxhall charged me £325 in 2003 to put the problem right - the part is quite expensive. I've just had to have the oxygen sensor in the exhaust replaced - £225.

Thursday, 3 February 2005

Discussion Archived

Showing results 1 to 20 of 33.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.