Advertise here

ALL CARVER CASCADE WATER HEATER, GAS FIRE, FANMASTER,P4 QUESTIONS HERE

Showing results 21 to 40 of 4052.

Paul
Joined Mar 2005
1 posts

On our second trip away with our new to us 1997 Sterling Diamond, the Cascade 2 water heater failed to fill with water when the hot tap is opened. I had drained the system previously after our first use (when it all worked previously). The cold is pumped in via a Whale watermaster and when the hot tap is switched on it appears to be trying to operate as outside the pump is pulsing and inside there is a clicking sound.

is this also a case of the non return valve sticking, and if so whereabouts do I fiddle? Any help would be appreciated.

Monday, 21 March 2005

Discussion Archived

gary
Joined Mar 2002
2443 posts

The cold water inlet would be the first place I would look as it is simple enough to check?. Unscrew the drain bung and the pressure switch which is the clicking you can hear will switch the pump on if the non-return valve is working and water should then pump out of the drain hole. What I have found is the tank will fill but no water will come from the taps, if this is the case tank water will also drain but pumped water will be more forceful so it should be easy to tell the difference.
In some instances the valve on inspection seems perfect but changing it cures the problem...don't ask me why??.
I have also come across a 'drilling' that is blocked solid with loose! limescale, it's rare but it does happen. (The drilling is the passage for water into the tank within the casting, you can just see it in the drain hole going off to the right).
All this is in the bottom left hand corner outside, the coldwater inlet containing the valve is directly behind the drain but is removed of course from inside the caravan.

Monday, 21 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Richard
Joined Mar 2005
13 posts

hi
I have the age old problem of the flames fire up ok but then cut out after a few seconds - I'll pull it apart over the weekend but any does anyone have other ideas what could be causing this? or how to cure it?

Mine hasnt got wet - that i know off - but it hasnt been used for a while that I do know - we have just bought the van and then discovered this little problem.

by the way some people may find this useful that i found
http://www.stowford.co.uk/faultfinder/index2.asp
It contains a link to the carver heater scematic diagram!
just follow the carver/mk2 links

many thanks in advance

Tuesday, 22 March 2005

Discussion Archived

AndyCS4U
Joined Mar 2005
44 posts

Hi, If you have plenty of gas, a well charged 12v battery and a good flame pattern this is almost certainly a faulty burner module.

Wednesday, 23 March 2005

Discussion Archived

gary
Joined Mar 2002
2443 posts

Damp comes in different degrees and lack of use does not help at all. It would depend on the exact module you have but early 87-91 ones with two electrodes over the burner will sometimes 'cure' themselves if you persevere for a while. A night in the airing cupboard has been known to work as well...no, just the module!?
For the most part though replacement will be the best option.
Gary
http://www.arcsystems.biz

Wednesday, 23 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Tommy
Joined Mar 2005
1 posts

I'VE JUST CRUNCHED THE COWL TO MY WATER HEATER... JUST NEED A REPLACEMENT. WHERE CAN I OBTAIN ONE.

TOMMY

Wednesday, 23 March 2005

Discussion Archived

gary
Joined Mar 2002
2443 posts

Truma have discontinued this part although they seem to have increased stocks of other essential spares for the Cascade 2. Many dealers will still have old stock but check out "safety issues" on my website for a possible explanation for Truma taking this action??.
gary

Wednesday, 23 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Richard
Joined Mar 2005
13 posts

ALL HAIL GARY - KING OF THE CASCADE 2

Seriously- Many thanks to Gary - His description of how to service the cascade2 burner module on page one of this thread has just saved me about £100 on a new module.

It took me - an amature - about one hour to strip down, clean and reassemble the unit - and now I have the most beautiful array of blue flames burning in the side of my caravan!

The only thing I did diferent was I also replaced the wiring between the circuit board and the temperature switch, just to be on the safe side.

Many - Many thanks Gary!

Wednesday, 23 March 2005

Discussion Archived

gary
Joined Mar 2002
2443 posts

Blimey..fame at last, thank you for your more than kind words.
I have always believed that many people can sort their own problems out and save themselves money..safely.
I have to point out though that this is gas...and it bites if you don't get it right.
Not aimed at all toward you Richard, just to temper others at DIY if they are not sure?.

Thursday, 24 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Richard
Joined Mar 2005
13 posts

very true, key things are to CAREFULLY remove watch everything that happens and the do EXACTLY the reverse to re-fit

And as a friend told me, when it comes to gas and water seals, If it looks damaged or worn out replace it, dont even think about skimping on them, you'll regret it in the end!

Thursday, 24 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

Place an ad here for free

» More caravans ads...

AndyCS4U
Joined Mar 2005
44 posts

Hi, Just a quick general note on saftey for those people who have done a little DIY on there gas systeme and this is not aimed at anyone. A quick visit to your local dealer for a gas soundness check before you use it is always a good idea and im sure for the time it takes most dealers would not bother to even charge for this. Even if there is a small charge you will have peace of mind. I know most people are quite competent, but not every one is and i have seen some very dangerous things done in the past. At the end of the day you take your family away in the van and what price your family. I hope no one thinks i am trying to talk down to them as this is definatley not my intention.
Happy caravaning
Andy

Thursday, 24 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Graham
Joined Mar 2005
3 posts

I think I have more or less the same problem that you had, and I need a new valve. Where did you get yours from?

Saturday, 26 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Graham
Joined Mar 2005
3 posts

Hi there, I'm new to this 'forum' lark so I hope I'm doing this right !
Anyway, I need to replace the inlet/non-return valve fitting on my Cascade 2GE. Can anyone tell me where I can get one, preferably in a hurry, as I'm going away in the caravan next weekend.
Thanks for your help.

Sunday, 27 March 2005

Discussion Archived

gary
Joined Mar 2002
2443 posts

Yes I have plenty water inlets in stock at this time of year as well as all/most other spares for the Carver water heater and Carver gas fires. A phone call will confirm a price and on receipt of cheque, items are sent by-return using first class post...I do not wait for cheques to clear!
Gary

Monday, 28 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Chris
Joined Mar 2005
7 posts

Hi Gary , i have a carver cascade 2 in my 1990 compass rallye, and i am trying to find out where i can get hold of a copy of the instruction booklet, also , what does it mean when the amber light comes on , but a hour or so later its back on green , plus is there an easy way to self service the system ? any help would be appreciated .

regards chris

Monday, 28 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Richard
Joined Mar 2005
13 posts

i have the manuals supplied with my cascade 2 - i'll scan them and put them online for you to download - just give me a couple of days - unless anyone already has them! - I'll post later if no-one else replies.

Monday, 28 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Chris
Joined Mar 2005
7 posts

Cheers richard , well appreciated ! if its easier my email adress is [Log in to view email] just pop them in a n email
regards chris

Monday, 28 March 2005

Discussion Archived

gary
Joined Mar 2002
2443 posts

Thanks Richard that's saved me a job.
The yellow light shows low voltage...very low voltage about 3 volts and is normally to do with something else. I would check the fuse connections in the control switch are tight first and that the battery is not truly 'cap-put'? If you have such low voltage than nothing will work but you say it goes out after an hour..is that an hour after hooking up to mains?, so the charger is putting something back in the battery??

Monday, 28 March 2005

Discussion Archived

AndyCS4U
Joined Mar 2005
44 posts

Hi Chris, The amber light if it comes on with the green light indecates low voltage. Is your battery well charged or in good condition or could it be that this happens when other caravan equipment is being used? Im affraid i do not know which charger the compass uses but it may only be a low amperage charger so during high 12v usage the battery gets a little low. If the latter is the case then its no real problem as the heater shuts down untill the voltage is back up again. Im sure Gary will shorly provide you with the diffinative answers to your questions.
I do have copys of the instructions but would not etempt to email them as i recently discovered am not good at emailing large files. Looks as though you already have this sorted anyway. If you should get stuck email me and i will help you [Log in to view email]
Regards
Andy

Monday, 28 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Chris
Joined Mar 2005
7 posts

hi Gary , now we have returned back home , i've checked the battery and it now seems fully charged and working ok , there was a few electrical problems on the site we were on e.g the whole site tripping out three or four times do you think this could be a possible cause. while we were away , we were connected to the mains throughout our weekend so i was quite suprised to see the baterry low indicator come on occasionally, even though it returned to normal after an hour or so .

kind regards chris

Monday, 28 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Showing results 21 to 40 of 4052.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.