Advertise here

ALL CARVER CASCADE WATER HEATER, GAS FIRE, FANMASTER,P4 QUESTIONS HERE

Messages 3981 to 4000 of 4052.

Vicky & Martin
Joined Dec 2006
1 posts

Hi. - have a carver 3000 with a truma blow heating dial on the wall.... I light the gas fire, turn the dial to A and wait ...... No hot air through vents. Fire is nice and hot which helps warm the van, but cold air through blow vents cools it down .... Any ideas??

Thanks

Vicky

Saturday, 7 April 2012

Discussion Archived

thommo
Joined Feb 2008
10 posts

Hello just a thought is the fan working?if it is&no heat
from any port perhaps pipe has come of hope this maybe of use derek

Sunday, 8 April 2012
Edited Sunday, 8 April 2012

Discussion Archived

stephf
Joined Apr 2012
2 posts

Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered on the forum. We have just bought a 1994 Talbot Swift 520 GLX with a Carver Cascade 2 water heater.

The day after we bought it the water seemed to be heating fine. We previously had a caravan with this system so we had some idea how to work it. However, since that day there has been no hot water. When we push the switch down we get a green light, however, when we run the taps we get an orange light. There is water coming from the taps but the tank just doesn't seem to be heating. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Discussion Archived

stephf
Joined Apr 2012
2 posts

Hi all, following on from my post above and as a result of some investigation on my hubbies part we found out that the water does heat when attached to mains electricity. However, when we switch the button on the control panel, there is no clicking sound and the gas does not ignite. We wondered what part may need to be replaced and if it was possible to get a substitute part for the Carver Cascade 2 as we are aware that this heater has gone out of production.
Many thanks again.

Friday, 20 April 2012

Discussion Archived

supersmooth
Joined Apr 2012
Do carver gas heaters need power from the battery to run. Mine ignites but goes out as soon as i let the button go?

Sunday, 22 April 2012

Discussion Archived

sk1pman
Joined May 2012
1 posts

hi we have a simliar problem with our carver cascade boiler
we cant smell gas gas coming from it or any clicking noise we have never had hot water the green light is on hope that you can help us please many thanks

Wednesday, 2 May 2012
Edited Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Discussion Archived

smandie123
Joined May 2011
1 posts

Can anyone help me please....

i have recently bought a 2000 Compass Clermont with Carver Cascade Rapide. When i plugged in the water, the heater has leaked, This leak is not from any pipe or connectors. It is dripping inside from the heater itself where the heater meets the outside wall.

I have heard that Gary is the man but has anyone else had this problem. Any ideas??

Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Discussion Archived

Sparkyspice
Joined May 2012
1 posts

I've just bought a '92 Renault motor home and the water heater didn't work. I followed the instructions on here and dried the module out with a hair dryer. I now have hot water! Many thanks for your forum and your advice, you've saved me lots of time and money.

Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Discussion Archived

aesengine
Joined Dec 2011
3 posts

Hello All,
While I need some advice myself, my recent experiences might just help someone.
We have just acquired a 2000 (X) Compass Drifter 350 fitted with a Carver Cascade Rapide 2. GE (gas/240v) boiler. This van had clearly suffered a freeze up as we subsequently discovered: (i) water hosed out of the barrel of the Whale Elite monobock taps - from cracks up the threaded portion of the body and also because the centre cartidge was displaced allowing water to leak past the '0' ring seals; (ii) the cylinder of the Carver, with the sheared centre bolt was lying on the floor. (iii) I was emphatically assured by an expert that both the cylinder and centre stud were both now beyond use thus must be replaced. Bad enough, without testing under full pump pressure the heat exchanger/burner housing itself might also be cracked. (No point in buying a new cylinder and bolt as separate items only to discover I need a complete boiler!). More in hope than in expectation I tapped a 5mm hole in the other end of the centre stud (to secure the 240v immersion heater/thermostat housing) and refitted the tank to the heat exchanger with a new cylinder '0' ring seal, and the old bolt reversed. Initially water leaked out under full pressure from the large '0' ring seal - not the little one sealing the centre bold - so in desperation I removed the cylinder again and refitted it with the new '0' ring, and also the original '0' ring (which was visibly in good condition) that is two '0' rings and BINGO. No leaks whatsoever. (PLEASE NOTE: there are two shoulders on the heat exchanger body, both of which can accomodate the '0' ring seal. It is the inner (smaller diameter) shoulder which is the correct one. (BE WARNED. the '0' ring will actually fit onto the outer - larger diameter - shoulder but it will fail under pressure). My problem now is - which many others have experienced - which is that while there are no leaks, with everything turned on and a solid green light on the control box, the Piezo doesn't spark and the gas sollenoid valve doesn't activate, so no burner! I am about to check and ensure the plug is positively fitted into the control unit, and if that doesn't work, then I'll open it up and waft a hair drier over that, but if that also fails to work, then the control module itself must be AWOL, no? Does anyone have any ideas about checking the components with a meter? Any advice would be appreciated. Dave

Monday, 14 May 2012
Edited Monday, 14 May 2012

Discussion Archived

aesengine
Joined Dec 2011
3 posts

Hello, if you haven't solved the problem already, here's some possibilities -in no particular order (As the 'van is 'new to u' I prsume you have no factual history, so could have suffered a freeze up) but this is presuming the hose clips on 'cold in' and 'hot out' are all tight.1) could be degraded or non existant '0' ring seals in the two valves set in the outside cowl. Or less likely, 2) if coming from the smaller 'fast bleed/excess pressure' valve, located in the top L/H corner of the outside cowl, caused by over pressuring of water pump. 3) cracked heat exchanger/burner; 4) coming from the large '0' ring seal between the cylinder and the heat exchanger. (I experienced this, and fixed it by fitting 2 '0' rings)

Monday, 14 May 2012

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

CAMPERVAN

TOYOTA HIACE CAMPER...

GELERT TOLIMA 4 TENT FOR...

BRADCOT PORTICO

CARAVAN LEG WINDER

MINI SEWING MACHINE

BREIFCASE SOLAR PANELL

**REDUCED** HIGHLAND TRAIL...

Place an ad here for free

» More caravans ads...

Richard
Joined Mar 2009
5 posts

There are many possible reasons why burner unit will not light - navigate to this web site for a solution

http://www.arelectronics.co.uk/cascaderepairs.htm

Richard

Monday, 14 May 2012

Discussion Archived

aesengine
Joined Dec 2011
3 posts

Thank's for the tip, Richard.

I'll probably go that route.

Dave

Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Discussion Archived

BerthaVan
Joined May 2012
1 posts

Hi, is it possible to purchase the black foam and o seals for the gas joint, and if so where from please?

Thursday, 17 May 2012

Discussion Archived

pablos68
Joined Aug 2008
1 posts

Hi Guys

Carver Cascade 2 Issue

Completely new to this forum and i sincerly apologise if im going over old ground, but i cant trawl through 200 pages of caravan boiler issues in the hope mine will be here.

I have just bought a sprite caravan, old but new to me, and while i was familiarising myself with everything and checking it all worked I think i have uncovered a boiler problem.

At the moment all i am interested in is running it from mains, and all the lights seem to work.

The red light on the floor panel, which is supposed to indicate the boiler has water in it is on..

When I switch the panel unit on, the green light comes on, and I can hear clicking then a "pop" then nothing.

Then the green and red light come on together.

I can switch it up and down, and the noise repeats then pops and the red light comes back on..

Does this mean anything to anyone please ?

Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Discussion Archived

Tom
Joined Jan 2012
1 posts

Hi wonder if someone can help, I have a 1991 Elddis mistral GTX, problem is with carver cascade 2 water heater it lights ok and heats the water but the red light is on constantly and also can hear igniter sparking constantly but does heat water and otherwise seem ok.
hope someone can help
Tom

Saturday, 7 July 2012

Discussion Archived

Richard
Joined Mar 2009
5 posts

I can repair it but this does sound like an odd problem. The continuation of sparking and the illumination of the red light is due to failure of the flame detection part of the circuit. However once the red light switches on the gas valve should turn off- stopping the flow of gas and killing the flame. Maybe your gas valve is sticking also.

See here for all info you need

http://www.arelectronics.co.uk/cascaderepairs.htm

Richard

Saturday, 7 July 2012

Discussion Archived

Rob
Joined Aug 2008
3 posts

Hi Pablos68. I'm no expert on this but the coloured leds you refer to are indicators for when the water heater is running on gas but you say you want to heat water by electricity. There will be a mains switch somewhere, probably near that led panel or close to the water heater, which switches on the immersion heater. The popping you referred to is the gas attempting to light from the automatic piezo lighter in the gas module. You obviously have some problem with that and may need to clean the gas module or possibly have it replaced or reconditioned. Try Gary Connelly at Arc Systems. http://www.arcsystems.biz/

Saturday, 7 July 2012

Discussion Archived

Phil
Joined Jul 2012
2 posts

Can anybody tell me the location of the reset switch on a Carver FanMaster 2000 Gas/Electric Heater. The Electric blows cold air only. The only picture refered to on here looks nothing like the back of my heater.

Saturday, 7 July 2012

Discussion Archived

Phil
Joined Jul 2012
2 posts

Also being new and ignorant of this forum, is there any way I could search through the contents of this thread. The answer to my question may already be here but its a bit impractical to read 4000 posts.

Saturday, 7 July 2012

Discussion Archived

kei1h
Joined Feb 2010
2 posts

Hi,
I have a 4000 Fanmaster with some issues. When I use the sliding switch, the indicator light comes on showing the switch selection but the electric heater doesn't work and nor does the fan. The gas seems to be working without a problem. Any ideas what might be happening?

Thanks,
Keith.

Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Discussion Archived

Messages 3981 to 4000 of 4052.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.