Advertise here

ALL CARVER CASCADE WATER HEATER, GAS FIRE, FANMASTER,P4 QUESTIONS HERE

Showing results 41 to 60 of 4052.

AndyCS4U
Joined Mar 2005
44 posts

Gosh how did i miss that, guess i take too long typing my messages!

Monday, 28 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Chris
Joined Mar 2005
7 posts

Thanks andy i will keep your email address just in case

regards chris

Monday, 28 March 2005

Discussion Archived

gary
Joined Mar 2002
2443 posts

The carver only needs a 1/4amp running and a fraction of that on standby so will not be the cause
If the battery is going flat in such a short time either it has a serious problem or there is a very heavy drain on it. First check the acid levels in the battery and or have it checked at a decent battery supplier and not somebody who is more likely to just flog you a new battery. After that you can check the input voltage from the charger...when switched on the voltage should rise at the battery terminals. A good fully charged battery will give a reading of 12.7 volts after standing an hour off charge. A flat battery has a reading of 12.2 volts. On charge you could get anything up to 13.8volts dependent on type of charger but some older types will be somewhat less than this. Some are doing well to touch 13 volts and are pretty useless.

Tuesday, 29 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Chris
Joined Mar 2005
7 posts

cheers gary , i will get it checked

regards chris

Tuesday, 29 March 2005

Discussion Archived

geoff
Joined Mar 2005
22 posts

Hi can anyone help ? When I turn my Carver Cascade on nothing happens other than the green light being on, but if I pull the DIN plug out of either socket and put it back (with the switch in the on position) the gas valve works and the ignitor runs.I have the unit out of the van now, can it be repaired ?

Tuesday, 29 March 2005

Discussion Archived

geoff
Joined Mar 2005
22 posts

Does anyone know where I can get a circuit diagram of the control panel from ?

Tuesday, 29 March 2005

Discussion Archived

gary
Joined Mar 2002
2443 posts

Hi Geoff, your module is late 91 to early 93 and has damaged the control switch, what you have found and what you are doing is exactly what I tell people as a test for this problem!?.
Solution is a serviced exchange switch from me and if it them works OK you can assume the module is OK and will not do further harm but sometimes it will damage the switch again. Some people prefer to change both but I think it best to just fix the switch...it's up to you. If it does go again I do not charge to repair the switch twice as effectively it is still under warranty anyway... and you can then have a module.
Gary
http://www.arcsystems.biz

Tuesday, 29 March 2005

Discussion Archived

geoff
Joined Mar 2005
22 posts

Hi Gary, thank you very much for the rapid reply.I have got another switch somewhere, if I cant find it or it does not cure the fault I will be in touch for a replcement.Once again many thanks

Tuesday, 29 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Richard
Joined Mar 2005
13 posts

I have now uploaded the carver Cascade manuals for those who have been hunting for them

There are three zip files - each self explanatory names

Cascade - Mark 1 ( mushroom shaped boiler )
Cascade install - How to install the MK 1 !!!! ( not that anyone should need this, but it may help in removing one!)

Cascade 2 - Mark 2 ( Cylinder Boiler )

if anyone has any others please add them to this list!
or email them to me and i'll put them onto my [Log in to view email]

Tuesday, 29 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Grahame
Joined Mar 2005
1 posts

I am in my first year of caravanning and have struck problems with my 1987 Monza’s water heater. Can you please help me? The unit worked on all trips at the end of last summer; I drained the system and left over the winter. I now know I should have left he bung out which I did not. We travelled last weekend and the heater worked when I had refilled it at home and tested. Mistake two was that I did not leave the hot water taps on when filling up the tank from empty but the taps all seemed to flow okay. I am not sure if the heater worked on the first stop-over as little fingers may have got to the electric switch and heated the water from that source. Anyway the heater did not work on gas for the rest of the weekend.
Tonight I checked all of the wiring and it seems to be sending power to the unit. When I switch the gas control on I get one green light and that remains on but no water is being heated. It is still working of the electric mains with that switched on. I do not hear any click to indicate that the igniter is working and the burner is not firing. I tried it many times, re-drained the system, filled up again with the hot taps on and there is no sputtering from air locks and the taps are all flowing. The battery is reading 12v.
I took out both ends of the igniter black lead and they seem to be in good order, but I cannot tell if it is carrying current to make a spark.
I would appreciate any advice.

Thursday, 31 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

Place an ad here for free

» More caravans ads...

chris
Joined Mar 2005
4 posts

I have a carver 2 unit in my 93 azzura.
The unit works fine on electric but when the gas unit is switched on the 3 remote lamps red, amber and green light up.
In the control unit next to the heater I found that the left hand 1A fuse had blown. I replaced this and hey presto the burner fired up no problem heated the water no problem. I switched the unit off turned it on again and the 3 lights were up and the fuse blown again. This repeats the same pattern every time. I am assuming that the control unit under the bed box is at fault. Also as a note when the water heater din pug is removed from the controller all 3 lights light up on the remote switch panel when it is switched on.

Thursday, 31 March 2005

Discussion Archived

gary
Joined Mar 2002
2443 posts

Hi Chris, I think the clue is "left hand fuse"?, this is an negative (earth) fuse to protect the module and control switch from damage from a bad earth on 'something else' using this circuit as a means to earth. A positive fuse blowing would suggest a fault within the module itself.
Yours has a switch in a fancy control panel which connects to this control switch with the fuses and then on to the module which I think makes it more difficult to trace the fault.
Start by switching everything off and try the heater then, by adding one circuit back at a time you should be able to isolate the guilty one and then find out what is causing it. The last time I came across this it turned out to be an earth wire to the charger unit but it could be a fan motor or anything.
Think what was not on when it worked after changing the fuse and what was on when you switched it back on again?...this will give a clue as it should blow the fuse whether the heater is lit or not.

Thursday, 31 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Chris
Joined Mar 2005
7 posts

hi richard , what is your web address so i can download the manuals .
cheers chris

Thursday, 31 March 2005

Discussion Archived

chris
Joined Mar 2005
4 posts

Thanx for that I will give it a go at the weekend.

Thursday, 31 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Richard
Joined Mar 2005
13 posts

hi - sorry all
the pre love d system has blocked the web address!

it is www#ukwebb#plus#com/cascade

replace # for . - -ie http://www.ukwebb

Thursday, 31 March 2005

Discussion Archived

Chris
Joined Mar 2005
7 posts

cheers richard, job done , ur a star,

thx chris

Thursday, 31 March 2005

Discussion Archived

STUART
Joined Apr 2005
1 posts

I have a Carver 2 water heater which has developed a leak, not from the drain plug, which is becoming more ominous. Where can I lay hands on a replacement heater in the North East or how can I fix it?

Sunday, 3 April 2005

Discussion Archived

metz
Joined Dec 2004
41 posts

Hi Stuart, You need to have a word with Gary(ARC SYSTEMS) he's an expert in this field and will probably be able to sort you out!!

Sunday, 3 April 2005

Discussion Archived

gary
Joined Mar 2002
2443 posts

Hi Stuart, Leaks are common enough and mostly easy to repair so I doubt you will need a whole new heater.
Let me know where you think the leak is coming from and we can go from there.
Gary
http://www.arcsystems.biz

Sunday, 3 April 2005

Discussion Archived

steve
Joined Apr 2005
12 posts

hi i have just bought a second hand challenger.on using hot water for the first time we saw steam from outside cowl turned everything off.i took the outer cowl off and there is a 13 mm nut between the fins at the top and when we run water it pours out of this nut.i have been told by a fitter in a local shop that i need a fuseable plug plus some other bits and for him to mend would cost me £210.is there any way i can mend myself.any advice would be appreciated cant afford to pay that but would love hot water again.

Tuesday, 5 April 2005

Discussion Archived

Showing results 41 to 60 of 4052.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.